Variance

Rock Out in Your New VeeDub

Rock Out in Your New VeeDub

Posted Image

This has to qualify as one of the strangest incentives ever...

AUBURN HILLS, MI – In a move only Volkswagen could conceive, the iconic brand has teamed up with guitar industry innovator First Act Inc. for a first-of-its-kind musical collaboration that will rock potential car buyers and create a whole new segment of players. Beginning October 3 and continuing through December 31, any customer that purchases or leases a designated Volkswagen model from the new 2007 line - including Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible – will receive their own completely customized First Act GarageMaster electric guitar that will play seamlessly through the car’s existing audio system. The 2006 Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible will also come with a custom-made First Act GarageMaster guitar. Each electric guitar is a wholly unique, one-of-a-kind instrument and is available exclusively to those who purchase or lease one of these Volkswagen models through a Volkswagen dealer. No other manufacturer offers a musical experience quite like this to its customers.

The program will be supported through an extensive national television campaign, featuring Grammy-winning artist John Mayer, Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash (formerly of Guns N’ Roses) and actor Christopher Guest, well known for his portrayal of Nigel Tufnel in This Is Spinal Tap, as well as through print and radio. Customers can log onto www.V-dubsrock.com to learn about the Volkswagen program specifics, First Act GarageMaster electric guitar, take interactive guitar lessons with Dweezil Zappa and more.

The First Act GarageMaster electric guitar is a work of customized pop culture art and will undoubtedly become a coveted piece of Volkswagen’s music-rich history. Each electric guitar will display the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the owner’s Volkswagen vehicle and will also have custom colored pick guards complementing the exterior of the car. The guitar will feature the traditional Volkswagen logo and “V Dub” inlay, a guitar strap made of safety belts, VW knobs, a prominent blue indicator light that matches the trademark instrument panel lighting of Volkswagen vehicles, VW logo guitar picks and a carrying case to take the music anywhere. Volkswagen owners can now create a concert in their garage, play for the entire tailgate party or shred in the beach parking lot.

“The partnership with First Act is the next iteration of Volkswagen’s longstanding history with music,” said Volkswagen’s Director of Brand Innovation Kerri Martin. “The Volkswagen brand is culturally known for its celebration of music and all things creative; this exciting collaboration makes a statement that Volkswagen is a brand with innovative ideas and an unparalleled ability to create unique and appealing connections with its consumers.”

"We are excited to be working with Volkswagen because of what our two brands can generate together. Like Volkswagen, we value technological innovation and inspired design." said Bernard Chiu, First Act's Chairman of the Board. "Through this partnership, we've created a revolutionary way for players to perform, with a groundbreaking guitar design and an exciting way to play it." added First Act's Vice President of Marketing, Jeff Walker.

Each First Act GarageMaster guitar has a built-in pre-amp that allows the guitar to plug directly into Volkswagen's auxiliary jack. The pre-amp features First Act's proprietary V-Stack Technology, an analog modeling technique that emulates vintage amplifiers. This innovative technology and promotion brings together car lovers and music lovers alike. The car and music culture become one and creates a unique sense of self-expression.

The joint venture between Volkswagen and First Act launches October 3rd and the unique promotion will last through the end of the year until December 31st. This offer is available on all new, unused 2007 and 2006 Jetta, Jetta GLI, GTI, Rabbit, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible vehicles - purchased or leased within the promotional period. The First Act GarageMaster electric guitar will plug into the auxiliary jack of the aforementioned 2007 vehicles as well as the 2006 New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible. Information about Volkswagen and First Act's co-promotion can be found online at www.V-dubsrock.com and www.firstact.com.

[source: Volkswagen of America]

I'm a little familiar with First Act products... I always see & laugh at them sitting up by the checkouts at every wal-mart I've been to. Most cheapo-looking instruments I've seen...

Lol, no kidding...the least they could do is give you something like a Squire. And from the sound of it, you just get the guitar...no amp, right?

Wow... I guess it's kinda clever, but honestly, what kind of idiot would go around, open up his VW's doors and play music with his crappy guitar.

That's just asking to get kicked in the ass.

Guest YellowJacket894

First Act?

:rotflmao:

Jesus Christ, how cheap can you get? I can make a better guitar with rubberbands, a paper towel roll, a Kleenex box, some sissors, and fifteen minutes of spare time. I were Slash, I'd be ashamed to lay a finger on any First Act. Period.

There is no oxymoron so pathedic as a "custom First Act".

But if they were giving away something like a Fender Custom Shop SRV Strat, I'd actually consider a GTI.

Guest YellowJacket894

If I were First Act, and I wanted to improve public perception of my product, I'd at least change the company name to something that doesn't sound like the name for a Pre-School toy company. Or the name for a Hooked-On-Phonics competitior.

Lol, no kidding...the least they could do is give you something like a Squire.  And from the sound of it, you just get the guitar...no amp, right?

203979[/snapback]

I think the idea is the your new VW is the amp.

Which leads me to ask: Who plays their guitar out of their car?

Wow... I guess it's kinda clever, but honestly, what kind of idiot would go around, open up his VW's doors and play music with his crappy guitar.

That's just asking to get kicked in the ass.

204037[/snapback]

lol! that made me realy laugh...can you imagine pulling up into the mall parking lot and seeing a bunch of kids doing that?

I saw the commercial and was like, "huh?", it still makes no sense because as you pointed out Captain, who's really going to use the car to play the guitar? And if you do, you're a LOSER!

beaches, bonfires, keg parties, camping, any outdoor shindig, party, box social kegger or hootinany that doesnt have outlets and someone wants to have their guitar.

i think its a terrible scam and if you i ever played out of a speaker smaller than 12" the sound is usually compromised and boxy. i didnt check the sizes so it might be moot but still asking for an ass kicking either way.

and really, if youre in the middle of the woods rocking in yoiur vee dub your either gonna piss off someone who drove out there to be away from it all or a bear.

i hope they have some sort of contest that showcases the people who buy into this and how they use it. that id like to see.

or the angr bear

beaches, bonfires, keg parties, camping, any outdoor shindig, party, box social kegger or hootinany that doesnt have outlets and someone wants to have their guitar.

204383[/snapback]

I dunno. It seems every time I see some dude with a guitar at some shindig or party, he's surrounded by girls... yet he doesn't play. I've put requests in and the dude just strums for 10 seconds and stops... it gets to the point that I realize he couldn't play Hot Cross buns for his life.

I think Lemmy from Motorhead made a similar observation.

and really, if youre in the middle of the woods rocking in yoiur vee dub your either gonna piss off someone who drove out there to be away from it all or a bear.

i hope they have some sort of contest that showcases the people who buy into this and how they use it.  that id like to see.

or the angr bear

204383[/snapback]

Nerdlinger VW driving guiatrists and Bears are always a winning combination.

I dunno. It seems every time I see some dude with a guitar at some shindig or party, he's surrounded by girls... yet he doesn't play. I've put requests in and the dude just strums for 10 seconds and stops... it gets to the point that I realize he couldn't play Hot Cross buns for his life.

I think Lemmy from Motorhead made a similar observation.

Nerdlinger VW driving guiatrists and Bears are always a winning combination.

204428[/snapback]

that may be why they say lemmy is god.

its like seeing the guy in a ferrari do a burnout into a wall. or anybody with

any performance oriented car that drives like aunt mildred and you blow by them in any lets say, 14 year old domestic kind of car. with a leaky transmission. :lol:

if you got it you should use it...or else you...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook