GM Death Watch 94

Guest buickman

I can easily believe that and Toyota's quality has decreased as their recalls have increased. (weren't their recalls in 2004 around 230,000. while in 05 they hit over 2 million?? )  Toyota is really having problems with a decline in quality I just wonder if they will fix them before the consumer's perception changes??

After owning nearly 50 cars in my short lifetime I purchased my first Asian made vehicle in 2005 due to Toyota's reputation and the experiences of others in my family.  From the trim coming loose on the roof, the see through plastic on the guages being scratched when brushed slightly w/ a rag to the loud "thunking" noise in the rear glass when making a turn I was not impressed.  I gave up my previous unreliable vehicle with a "soul" to own a reliable car and instead ended up with a boring, souless, unreliable car from Toyota and for the last 6 months I owned that Toyota I could only think each time I got behind the wheel how happy I would be when I got rid of it.  And the famed Toyota "resale" value???  What a joke.  I bought a loaded Avalon Limited for $37,000. and 18 months and 18,000. miles later I was offered $24,500. trade in??  I think that might be worse than my last Cadillac.

201765[/snapback]

i dont think toyota quality has dropped at all. your avalon sounds like a couple of camrys some friends own(ed) over the years. toyota has just become more responsible and transparent in dealing with the problems their cars have. whereas the old toyota just offered free oil changes to friends of mine whose corolla uses/burns half its oil capacity (since new) every 3-4K miles, the new toyota might actually fix the car.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the problem ? you cant strike a nerve, I paid $26000 for what struck the nerve. I didnt try to explain anything, I did explain. It is bad, its a six speed that needs constant shifting, then there are all the other issues. What are you on ? your first car ? There is no excuse for these oversites or more likely they just blew them off like you seem to want to. Thats kindergarten engineering inside that car, not a speck of brilliance involved. This is one of the few "new" GM platforms and its loaded with flaws. This is the platform thats supposed to replace W. It could be thought of as a replacement for the old E body as well. They were upscale..... but agile sporty little cars like the G6 is supposed to be. Theres two old GM platforms that are far superior in internal comfort. This Epilson is supposed to be the new competitor for the small Honda/Toyota/Nissian/Mazda/Mitzubichi..........yet its obvious someone was snoozin' on the job. Not being cheap, not being crafty, just plain not paying attention.

I denied it when some magazine said, and I qoute "better go back to the drawing board", "wrestled it around the track". Well let me tell you I feel like an ass, a $26,000 ass, because they could not have been more correct, more accurate. There is something wrong with the cockpit in Epilson.

204121[/snapback]

WOW!!! there it is again! i just disagree, thats all. its only a $26000 vehicle.

you didnt spend $50000 on a Yukon or BMW. you only spent $26000!!!!!!!

I also have a G6, granted I used my employee discount, but still. I dont feel like it is that bad.

and you completely ignored the statement i made about the VW.