mustang84

2008 Mercury Mariner Debuts

http://media.ford.com/products/model.cfm?vehicle_id=1518

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE 2008 MERCURY MARINER EXHIBITS A NEW LOOK, SOPHISTICATION AND FLAIR

2008 Mercury Mariner – featuring a new look inside and out – goes on sale in early 2007.

An all-new interior showcases a fresh design direction for all Mercury products.

Innovative refinements help reduce interior NVH levels by 12 percent.

Chassis upgrades and new Electric Power Steering (EPS) system improve Mariner’s car-like ride and handling without sacrificing off-road ability.

Mariner features one of the most advanced safety package in the small SUV segment, including standard side curtain air bags and AdvanceTrac ® with RSC ® – Ford Motor Company’s unique roll stability control system.

Mariner Hybrid updated with refined control systems to improve drivability and overall performance.

More pics and tidbits of info

Posted Image

2008 Mercury Mariner: The 2008 Mercury Mariner's head and taillamps have a unique “eyebrow” design running around the lenses, bringing together the front and rear ends of the vehicle. Look closely: The headlamps are accentuated with a Mercury badge subtly integrated inside the housing.

Posted Image

2008 Mercury Mariner: The 2008 Mercury Mariner is stylish, sophisticated and refined. Satin Pewter finishes and chrome accents give the vehicle an upscale look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A “top of dash” display positioned at eye level on the dashboard shows inside and outside temperature, radio functions and climate control readouts. When the driver or front passenger adjusts a knob or button on the instrument panel, the change is reflected in the eye-level display instead of lower down on the dashboard where information is typically located. This simple, efficient design puts much of the vehicle’s information in one place at the top of the dashboard, making it easier to read while driving.

Ice Blue Lighting replaces green on the instrument cluster, on the center console, on the door lock and window switches and on the steering wheel. Ice Blue presents a cool, crisp, easy-on-the-eyes light for night driving and enhances the overall quality feel of the interior.

Mariner is also one of the first Ford Motor Company vehicles to feature One-Touch Integrated Start. This feature lets the driver put the key in the ignition, turn it once and then let go – like electronic “start” buttons that are becoming common on luxury cars.

its gotta be nice for the passenger...the controls split in half. heres yours. this is mine.

i dont get it though.

or the commercials from fmc. i dont get those either. a guy and a girl and their kids having fun one minute and the next shes dropping him off at his lonely batchelor pad as she takes the kids away and reminds him hell get to see them next week

bold moves.

i digress.

funky gauges.

or the commercials from fmc.  i dont get those either.  a guy and a girl and their kids having fun one minute and the next shes dropping him off at his lonely batchelor pad as she takes the kids away and reminds him hell get to see them next week

bold moves.

i digress. 

201918[/snapback]

:blink: ...

That's... that's terrible... like... really bad... :nono:

I kinda like it actually...I wanna know how different it looks though from the Escape...

As for the interior...well I want to see it in person due to the special dash-top display...but it actually looks intuitive. If not anything else, it is very European and upscale looking...

I'm not too big on clear lens taillights, but the rest of it looks alright to me. Why does everyone insist on debuting their new vehicles in silver, it really washes it out, especially in outdoor shots.

I kinda like it actually...I wanna know how different it looks though from the Escape...

As for the interior...well I want to see it in person due to the special dash-top display...but it actually looks intuitive.  If not anything else, it is very European and upscale looking...

201931[/snapback]

I was thinking it looked more like Ford stole Chrysler's corporate center stack and then modified it somewhat.

Guest YellowJacket894

Wait -- where did the radio display go?

I'm also interested in seeing how different this is from the Escape. Let's hope all of the front sheetmetal, at least, is different.

This looks more like the Escape than the current Escape does! I mean, it looks more macho up frot, like a baby Explorer with a Mercury badge. Initially, I prefer the old one...but I'll give it time. The center stck needs a Nav screen on there or something to breake up the sea of buttons. It does look more integrated tho, and at least it's a different radio unit.

I like the new exterior design. I think it looks much different from the current Escape and since that is going to be Fusion-ized for 2008 they will look more separate than now, IMO. The interior, on the other hand, looks alright. The center stack, while Euro-looking, also looks cheap. The rest of it looks fine, though, especially the IP. One thing I'm not enjoying is the quad-tone. Let's choose less color next time.

The exterior looks pretty good, but they're really running out of things to do with that ancient interior. At least they finally have a new radio, too bad it still sucks.

:puke: That exterior is not attractive at all. It's a bad mesh of Mercury and Ford truck designs and it's just horrid.

The interior, on the other hand, isn't half bad. The Euro-style dash is interesting. Kind of makes me wonder why GM couldn't leave the Antara/VUE interior alone for NA seeing how it has a similar setup( radio display pushed closer to the windshield)

Ugh...I definitely like the current one better.

Maybe it'll grow on me, I dunno.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook