Hapiness is....

Hapiness is driving a 1964 Oldsmobile down Rt.4 in Lexington

Mass in early October with the fall colors whizzing by...

A big, proud, sharp-dressed boat of a car in a sea of Toyotas

& Hondas. Cheap cigar in one hand & a thin sky blue steering

wheel in the other. All four windows down for that panoramic

window look and Gordon Lightfoot coming in crystal clear

over a 42 year old AM radio set to "MUSIC" mode.

Certain aspects of my life are a cluster-f%$k right now but at

least Marcia and I are in love again and the job is going well.

How's everyone else?

Yes.... I know. I'd give a kidney to attend someday.

Any 1959 Buicks? V-16 Cadillacs?

Not sure, I was mesmerized by the Chevette Woodie and unable to look past it. :AH-HA_wink:

Check out the "Fall Carlisle" thread for Oldsmoboi's photo album from yesterday. Just a small taste of all the cool stuff.

to answer part one

Happiness is ...either in the woods next to a creek with no one around for miles or cruising along some country back roads.

the second part how my life is...

Well lets say on a scale from 1 to 10 its a -500.

Making a fool out of a riced Civic in my mom's minivan

Making a fool out of a riced Civic in my truck

Watching my uncle completely destroy a riced Civic with his GTO

Listening to a GM V6 and V8 and a BMW inline 6 sing as they rev up

Enjoying the company of some friends

Laughing how Honda's V6s sound like I4s at all speeds

Laughing at a really good joke

Hearing my favorite song

Sitting outside on a 70-degree, low humidity, sunny day with a light breeze with a good book, trying to get a tan

Spending my parents' money

Enjoying the trip as much as the destination

Road trips

...among others.

Hapiness is...

... misspelled.

LOL, just kidding!

Anyway, Happiness is...

... a warm bed on a cold night.

... a smile while you're at work.

... looking into the eyes of the one you love.

Happiness is:

spending time with people you havent seen in years,

caring for those who need it and seeing their smiles of gratitude,

realizing life isnt as bad as you think it is,

proving to your stubborn dad that you were right about the incomming storm and that you did know what you were talking about (by the way thats an inside joke)

i will have to post a IM converstation one time but it involes being rich...

And buying a 1935 Deucenburg as a beater and do wholeshots with it. or calling up a place to get a hitch mounted to it to tow some scrap metal.

not to be all the things one is typically called for this statement, but this is, at this time and for quite some time now, my reality

true internal, not surface

happiness is a distant memory

surface happyness lies in the feel of a womans body, a trip to the races, a walk with dem doggies

(among most of what has already been shared...)

Happiness is driving my older 4 MCs for about 45 minutes each on Saturday ... then a few more minutes on Sunday ... 2 days in a row in GORGEOUS sunny weather ... which is exactly what I did this past weekend :).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

Happiness is a warm puppy.

202861[/snapback]

Definitely... sitting here on the sofa with a warm 10 pound Aussie terrier curled up in my lap asleep, my g/f beside me, and the two Westies asleep on the back of the sofa.. peaceful and happy.

Happiness is...enjoying beautiful fall weather like we had the last few weeks through Saturday.. last Friday in particular...breezy, about 65, sunny, the wind blowing the leaves around. A relaxing afternoon after work at the driving range hitting some balls with two of my closest friends, then a great dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, then some bar hopping with friends downtown wrapped up with late night sushi. A good day, relaxing, stress-free, and happy to spend time with friends.

Happiness is a Saturday pleasure drive... another trip to the mountains (3rd weekend in a row), this a short one--about 60 miles round trip, breakfast in Boulder followed by a quick drive up a twisty canyon in the M3, the leaves blowing across the road and Red Hot Chilli Peppers in the CD player (long been a casual fan, and I love the Stadium Arcadium album).

It was a happy, stress free and relaxed weekend, and now back to a 50 hr week in cubeland with gray, rainy and cold weather this week.. but the Broncos won tonight!!

• 2 weeks later...

Happiness is NOT seeing this pop up on Google.

Disgusting. Who ever cut up this '59 better have

done it because the trunk & rear quarters were

squashed under a cement truck or something.

either way this is sad. :(

Posted Image

Happiness is...

Waking up early on a crisp Autumn morning during peak foliage and going anywhere

I love this season in the Northeast.

206399[/snapback]

Understood...that's why I will be in Quebec 3 days from now. I hope there is still some color left.

Happiness is crusing along a stretch of state highway on a mild spring afternoon, light breeze, fluffy cumulus clouds, and loads of sunshine. Blasting John Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane" out of your factory speakers, listening to the subdued rumble of a 3100, hearing every creak and rattle and not caring. Stopping at a small town gas station, seeing the hard-working farmer fuel up his truck, and getting some money chipped in from the cashier when you realize you're about 15 cents short. Driving down the main street with brick storefronts lined up in a neat row, seeing a ribbon of a freight train snaking around the bend in the distance, and watching the sun glimmer off a small pond on the side of the road.

There's something so honest and carefree about this state that I've never understood it when people moan and groan about Iowa.

As much as I love cities and will probably end up living in one, there's something about small midwestern towns, the work ethic, the friendliness, and the countryside that is just refreshing. It makes you feel alive.

There's something so honest and carefree about this state that I've never understood it when people moan and groan about Iowa. 

As much as I love cities and will probably end up living in one, there's something about small midwestern towns, the work ethic, the friendliness, and the countryside that is just refreshing.  It makes you feel alive.

206432[/snapback]

The Midwest is pretty down to earth. In fact, when at U of I, some of the people I got along with better were from the smaller areas of Illinois than from Chicago proper (especially those North Shore types - sorry, I'm from LA and the North Shore doesn't impress me much). The electrical engineer I work with the most is from Iowa...Catholic high school and all...and I work very well with him.

I would have to say that the main bitch is the lack of topography and that you can see for too far. I swear I must be agoraphobic because openness and flatness really does a number on me. The desert has the same effect for me, unless it's fringed by mountains. That's why I left Champaign-Urbana within hours of my last final exam.

Happiness is landing in Montreal within 48 hours. Yes!

The Midwest is pretty down to earth.  In fact, when at U of I, some of the people I got along with better were from the smaller areas of Illinois than from Chicago proper (especially those North Shore types - sorry, I'm from LA and the North Shore doesn't impress me much). The electrical engineer I work with the most is from Iowa...Catholic high school and all...and I work very well with him.

I would have to say that the main bitch is the lack of topography and that you can see for too far.  I swear I must be agoraphobic because openness and flatness really does a number on me.  The desert has the same effect for me, unless it's fringed by mountains.  That's why I left Champaign-Urbana within hours of my last final exam.

Happiness is landing in Montreal within 48 hours.  Yes!

206470[/snapback]

Your electric engineer wouldn't happen to be from Carroll, would he? They have a big Catholic high school in that town called Kuemper that we always used to play in football.

The topo is flat in the center of the state around I-35, but it's actually pretty hilly in both Western and Eastern Iowa. We have the Loess Hills which rise up out of the Missouri River plain almost like the Grand Tetons, except on a much smaller scale. They have a special soil that is only found in Western Iowa and parts of China that was deposited during the ice age and then windswept into these unique hill formations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But the topo is fairly flat throughout a good chunk of the state.

Happiness... is by listening your favorite music over your ipod... I have a very thin advantage of happiness... I think that its just a part of a person not a total one appreciated by it... Happiness comes from a persons identity... I mean, you could be happy in a simple things... But not showing how happy you are... I think happiness is by choice... It could be by your own car, new watch, or nice wardrobe...

"Every man's work shall be made manifest."

tesco insurance home ownership pennsylvania defective product attorneys

• 5 weeks later...

Since I'm always looking for the next edge

I have decided that since my co-workers

at the office here have gotten used to me

driving a 1964 Oldsmobile to work day in &

day out and they don't even flinch anymore

it's time for the next step... either a 1959

Buick in the spring or, maybe, perhaps I'll

just go for the throat & buy an early 1930s

car and daily drive that to work!

I've been giving serious thought to this, I'm

very much in love w/ the idea, just not sure

if I'll follow through on this one. I'd love to

park something like a 31 Chevrolet Rat Rod

next to all the Camrys, Corollas & Accrods

at work. Modern Brakes and perhaps a

very mild SBC 350 would be practical but

otherwise keep it looking like it drove out of

the dustbowl.

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

Happiness is....I don't even know anymore...I've had my moments, but I haven't been contint with myself for 2.5 years....

218859[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Try four years. :lol2:

OK folks sorry for those post...heres what makes me happy...

Lots of GM horsepower

A nice drive in the country

Driving around the city around 2am-4am

The smell of country air

Knowing they're people here and in and real life that care

Seeing the camaro coming back to life and GM getting there ass in gear