Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Shocker: The Jeep Compass' Stumbling Start

Variance

Shocker: The Jeep Compass' Stumbling Start

Posted Image

As Chrysler dealers offer discounts on 2006 and existing 2007 models, they compete with the Compass, launched in July. The discounting may have slowed the Compass launch a little, although Chrysler says it is pleased so far.

Early signs are that the Compass is off to a slower start than the Dodge Caliber. The average transaction price has dropped from $22,467 when the Compass was launched to $21,534 as of Sept. 24, according to the Power Information Network.

In contrast, transaction prices for the Caliber have risen from $17,059 at launch in March to $18,276 as of Sept. 24.

Read "Slow Start" @ Autoweek

No shocker that it's not doing well..it's ugly and makes no sense for the Jeep brand.

203217[/snapback]

Exactly what I could think to saying. . . no reason for Jeep to have this model. :duh:

I agree, doesn't look like a Jeep should look, there's no Jeep allure to it thus no appeal thus no sales.

Its a piece of crap. Got a brochure on it yesterday and sat in a Marine Blue Pearl Sport model-nicer color than I thought, but when sitting up front (like in the similar Caliber), the headrests protruded right into my head-why would you design your headrests so that nobody can get any comfort whatsoever (and as far as I know it only had the normal up/down adjustment). I'd say send it to Dodge, but that's if it were a better car, so just kill this and send the Patriot over to Chrysler as a more luxurious offering, and we'll forget Jeep even EVER THOUGHT OF a car-based crossover SUV, maybe I'll forgive them for that too. But fire the executive who even thought of this idea, no pension either. Now about the GMC Acadia....

I agree, doesn't look like any vehicle should look, there's no allure to it thus no appeal thus no sales.

203371[/snapback]

They're ya go.

Actually if you stuck a Toyota/Mazda grille on it, Toyota would probably have put it into production and it would be selling like hotcakes.

203683[/snapback]

I think not.

Probably:

Posted Image

Posted Image

203881[/snapback]

The only thing even remotely similar is the side windowline. The Compass's front end is atrocious and it has those huge, ugly, square wheel flares that look like ass.

The RAV4 doesn't look good, but it doesn't look bad either. It's just another vehicle, and it doesn't offend anyone (or at least not many).

My guess is that if sales continue to be dissapointing (but I'm sure they will start to take off), they will probably introduce the Compass Rallye that is currently only available in the UK:

Posted Image

See this article for explination of the UK only Compass Rallye: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/12/jeep-co...lye-for-the-uk/

203883[/snapback]

That actually ROCKS!!! :thumbsup:

Yea in standard cloths it is FUGGLY!!!

But this Rally with the VW Diesel and 43MPG would be a HIT here in the US!!!

JEEP WAKE THE F@#K UP!!!, This is what you should be selling not the current FUGGLY version. :duh:

My guess is that if sales continue to be dissapointing (but I'm sure they will start to take off), they will probably introduce the Compass Rallye that is currently only available in the UK:

Posted Image

See this article for explination of the UK only Compass Rallye: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/12/jeep-co...lye-for-the-uk/

203883[/snapback]

It's an improvement, I guess... but as Joan Rivers has shown us all, you can only nip and tuck so much and it will still be totally ugly.

Posted Image

203883[/snapback]

It looks like the concept did. An improvement but I still don't care for it. If only it looked like the original Compass concept.

Surprise, surprise. It's ugly...you'd need discounts to sell it.

203203[/snapback]

Hey, if you've actually seen one of these things in person, it really is a very stylish car and all those glaring design screwups that seem aparent from these images are completely absent on the actual vehicle seen in person. That was my impression of it. It's just a very sporty jeep.

Yeah, what Viper said... *choke*. The vehicle, in person, does resemble a squirrel gathering nuts with big, round eyes and tiny, spindly legs. I'll be interested in seeing if the Patriot comes off better or if it looks like a Power Wheels Cherokee.

Boy, you guys are brutal. I changed my opinion of it when I acutally saw it in person and I like it...in certain colors. While I wish it had ended up looking like the Compass concept vehicle, I think it is definitely better looking than the Caliber.

My biggest complaint is the interior, but I'm finding that is true of pretty much everything that Chrysler makes these days. I don't understand what they are doing making these cheap-o looking interiors on everything they build. You would think they would have learned the lesson that GM has so painfully learned about interior design. Cheap looking cars don't sell!!!