Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Grading the Revolution

z28luvr01

Croc:
Hey 68...looks like Fly found the perfect car for you! Now you can quit your bitching!

How the fuck do you call the SSR a "pillarles hardtop" when it only has four pieces of glass. Shows how well you guys understand the term pillarles hardtop! :rolleyes:

BTW: only a real fu%$ing idiot would call the SSR a "car".

Other than that I'm not even going to TRY to justify my comments except to say a BMW M3 or Caddy CTS will make that same Acura look like a Citation around a racetrack. So why try to make a Caamro versus Acura comparison? Retards at GM once tried to make a FWD F-body once, thank god they didn't have you guys to give them a pat on the back as they made the Camaro and Firebird off the same platform as the Corsica & Berett.

In the mean time (since I'm done wiht this thread) ask a true Automotive Fanatic the true definition of the word "Hardtop". If he mentions the Mercedes SLK or a Chevy SSR the the guy is a fraud. Edited by Sixty8panther

Yep, get out on a road course and an RSX will spank a Camaro, thats what handling does.  Hell, my L200 could probably take a few F-odies on a road course.

[post="25877"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not to mention the current Cobalt SS/SC, which spanks them all. In all seriousness, I would encourage anyone to take a ride down to a dealer and ask to test drive the SS/SC - especially with the G85 package (LSD, recaro seats). Sh*t, my LS Cobalt takes 90* turns at nearly 60 and cloverleafs at at least 50, with no howling from the tires. There's no reason to think the SS can't top that easily. Go ahead, give the car a fair chance. It'll be very hard to walk away from it without putting money down on it.

If Chevrolet is to return to her former greatness, she needs an affordable, sexy and fun to drive vehicle. The Malibu and Impala are good cars. They deliver exactly what they are supposed to. The Cobalt SS is sexy and fun to drive and affordable. However, how are we going to get and keep the youth market? Just yesterday, a middle aged couple climbed out of their Volvo (?!) and wanted to see the new Impala. Too big, they proclaimed. Parked beside it was a used G-6. "Oh, I like that," the wife exclaimed. Ever enthusiastic, I declared the Maxx is the same platform and a much better value. Hate it. Off they went to the Pontiac store. Well, at least they weren't going to Acura (BTW, in the afternoon I drove a 2002 Alero GL coupe and it reminded me what a great riding/handling car that was. Chevy needs something like that. And an affordable convertible would be nice, too!)

Oh... I love you, Sixty8. You give me so much to type about... ^_^

How the fuck do you call the SSR a "pillarles hardtop" when it only has four pieces of glass. Shows how well you guys understand the term pillarles hardtop!

Technically, it is a pillarless hardtop. It's a hardtop and it has no pillars...

BTW: only a real fu%$ing idiot would call the SSR a "car".

Uh... The SSR is classified as a car and a truck on Chevy's own website.

Other than that I'm not even going to TRY to justify my comments except to say a BMW M3 or Caddy CTS will make that same Acura look like a Citation around a racetrack. So why try to make a Caamro versus Acura comparison? Retards at GM once tried to make a FWD F-body once, thank god they didn't have you guys to give them a pat on the back as they made the Camaro and Firebird off the same platform as the Corsica & Berett.

Well.. I doubt they will. Beat it, yes. Embarrass it like a Citation, not even close. The Cobalt SS SC handles better than it, though, and according to MT's test data... went throught the slalom faster than a CTS. Say what? Is that possible?

In the mean time (since I'm done wiht this thread) ask a true Automotive Fanatic the true definition of the word "Hardtop". If he mentions the Mercedes SLK or a Chevy SSR the the guy is a fraud.

Can't handle reality anymore, eh?

I don't think he'd be a fraud, I just think he'd be open-minded unlike you. :D

Here's the real definition of a hardtop, and guess what... Those you mentioned are, indeed, hardtops. Definition of Hardtop Edited by blackviper8891

Uh... The SSR is classified as a car and a truck on Chevy's own website.

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

Chevrolet claims they are currently making the impala, malibu and monte carlo ... but I don't see them available in RWD.

Chevrolet also claims, on their website, that the 3rd generation MC is 1978-1988. Yet, the 1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo brochure indicates a "new generation" of MC ... beginning, of course, in 1981.

*shrugs*

But, seriously, guys ... what's with all of the back'n'forth jabs? I'm sorry, but if we're frustrated, shouldn't we be taking it out on the COMPANY ... not each other individually?

And, for the record, I've "settled" twice before ... and considering doing it a third time ... only because I can't see myself driving anything but a Chevrolet (let alone anything but a Monte Carlo, even though I've owned 2 non-MCs) and I can't stand the thought of subjecting my '87 MC LS to winter (aka RUST) for a 3rd winter. It is NOT (contrary to popular opinion/belief) due to the fact that it is RWD.

*sighs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

Why don't you click on BV's hardtop definition link... guess what's pops up?

a classic Catalina hardtop.

Posted Image

Look here's waht it comes down to... the SSR is a retractable hardtop. It has frameless windows since it's a convertible but only has ONE side window... it's like calling a 1955 hunderbird a pillarless hardtop... retarded. There's no place for a central pillar, no back seat and no rear side glass. In either case it's not a car, same as a Equinox is NOT a truck. I hate all these clueless marketing types Bullshitting everyone about the true definitions that have been establilshed and are/were very specific. If I hear one more retard call the new Benz CLS a four-door-coupe I'm going to slap them.

Look here's waht it comes down to... the SSR is a retractable hardtop. It has frameless windows since it's a convertible but only has ONE side window... it's like calling a 1955 hunderbird a pillarless hardtop... retarded. There's no place for a central pillar, no back seat and no rear side glass. In either case it's not a car, same as a Equinox is NOT a truck. I hate all these clueless marketing types Bullshitting everyone about the true definitions that have been establilshed and are/were very specific. If I hear one more retard call the new Benz CLS a four-door-coupe I'm going to slap them.

I will agree with you here... I hate when people ignore the truth and try to write something off differently than what it is. But it happens and let me make my point.

As for the whole hardtop definition. You said pillarless hardtop. You never specified whether it was fixed, removable, or retracting. I took advantage of that. That and the SSR is still a pillarless hardtop. It has a hardtop and no pillars. It doesn't matter than it retracts and couldn't have pillars... It is still just that. A pillarless hardtop. There is no way you can deny that... (unless you're retarded)

Mmkay? :lol: :D :P

Check the sig. You happy? <_< :rolleyes:

I hate when people ignore the truth and try to write something off differently than what it is. But it happens....

*chuckles devilishly*

Yep, it sure does happen ... and it appears that a certain car company (no names mentioned, of course) has mastered the ability to write something off differently than what it is....

Heh....irony rocks ;).

• 3 weeks later...
Chevy is trying. I will give them that, but they have alot of work to do just to be competitive with other makes on the same level, I feel that the real revolution will happen at Saturn in the next year or two as the Sky, Aura, and the new Ion start to roll into the showrooms.

• 4 years later...

[quote name='Satty' date='08 October 2005 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1128798399' post='25609']
Isn't that why we have Pontiac, which is the "excitement division" at least until it gets canned in 2011. :P
[/quote]
God I'm good.

Edited by Satty

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings