Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

National Coming Out Day

Dr. Ruth changed me into the man I am today.

204725[/snapback]

Explain....seriously.

LOL.

Just this morning I was sitting at Starbucks doing a school case project I have to turn in tomorrow night and 3 German tourists sat down at the next table, writing postcards. I wound up talking to them for 1/2 hour or so and they wanted a lot of pointers on what to do/not to do in Cali. They were a riot to talk to. I guess it was a "Dr. Ruth moment."

My advice would always be

"when in doubt.........hump it !"

Rob Halford (if I spelled that correctly) from Judas Priest devestated the macho heavy metal boys egos when he "came out". I even remember a few arguements with my "Metal" friends about vocalists. They always claimed Halford to be the "Opera" capable vocalist of Metal. I always said "No way! You want opera level you look to Freddie Mercury" They would always get this funny look and say something along the lines of "but he's queer"

Truth is Geoff Tate is the real Opera level vocalist of metal

204770[/snapback]

:lol:

what band was geoff tate in? and what about Rodeny James Dio?!

i have a friend that believes he wants a sex change at some time.... he only will talk to one friend out of 4 total about it outside of his parents and friends he talks to online and phone (not w/i a few hours drive). kinda frustrating that he hides that from me and 2 other guys, pretty much refuses to talk to us. we kinda think he's gone overboard and thought it's something he has to do, not that it would make him actually happy after he did that. sorry if that's confusing....

I think he was busy planning the next (very heterosexual) fraternity initiation ritual with his bros.  Something about making pledges drink cheap beer from an unspecified orifice maybe?  Don't quote me on that. :scratchchin:

205012[/snapback]

A) I don't plan initiation

B) We don't have "pledges"

C) We are alcohol free

D) No...just...no.

what band was geoff tate in?  and what about Rodeny James Dio?!

205098[/snapback]

Geoff Tate - Queensryche - not gay

Ronnie James Dio - introduced in "Blackmores Rainbow" after first Deep Purple break up, great early influential vocalist for kickin Metal , Gay ? I dont think so ?

I wish I was castrated right out of the "box". Think of all the frustration... and distraction... and heartache... and embarassment that would have eliminated.......

then my user name could be........ "butterknife"................. :lol:

razor, you are the off-the-wallest dude ever! 8)

Loki, gender confusion doesn't equal gayness.

205148[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, razor ... that he is. :lol:

What's with the popularity of the term "metrosexual"? Does it overlap gender confusion? Two chicks at my place of employment (interns, right out of college) love to toss around the term "metrosexual."

And you didn't answer my Dr. Ruth question, sir! :angry: J/K.

Eh...it's not that funny to me because there are some fraternities that debase their pledges like that...and Theta Chi has taken a pretty active stand against that kind of $h!.

Bob: "Metrosexual" is the dumbest term ever. Straight guys who do "gay" things like dress well, cook well, dance well, groom well, etc. So stupid...

It's only stupid if it's you they're whispering about, right, Croc? :AH-HA_wink:[/b]

205169[/snapback]

No, I just think it's a really stupid and annoying word no matter how it's used. It's unnecessary. I also don't consider any of those things to be "gay" either.

No, I just think it's a really stupid and annoying word no matter how it's used.   I also don't consider any of those things to be "gay" either.

205180[/snapback]

Agreed. I remember in undergrad (yeah, that college...LOL) during a speech and communications class as a freshman, the prof. handed out a paper we had to read on androgyny stating that androgyny is actually more realistic/common than the extreme polarization of the genders. (The article was in no way tied to sexuality).

That being said, I have damn near-perfect printing (I'm an architect) and damn near-perfect penmanship (all that Catholic school) and you would not believe all the stupid-ass bull$h! comments bordering on that it is gender inappropriate I have to listen to. I like my printing and handwriting, so I'm not changing it. It's nuts that neatness and cleanliness are considered "less than masculine."

Edited by trinacriabob

I dunno, I've always thought it took a little more than that to be a metrosecual. To be one, you'd have to have an extreme obsession with the things that Croc mentioned, almost to the point where it's effeminate (sp?). For example, I consider myself well groomed, but I don't drive out to the Hamptons to spend hundreds (thousands?) of dollars to have a famous stylist do it for me. I could throw more examples out there, but you get the idea.

*Disclaimer: Not trying to offend anyone here, just trying to further the discussion.

I dunno, I've always thought it took a little more than that to be a metrosecual. To be one, you'd have to have an extreme obsession with the things that Croc mentioned, almost to the point where it's effeminate

205196[/snapback]

Oh, right, I agree, and I've never been called a "metro," though I think it is a funny word. I probably think it's the neat writing thing that contrasts with how messy I keep my place, how messy I keep my office, my coupon cutting for a haircut (and anywhere else I can save a buck)and the fact that people I work with have told me I ought to dress better to the office (OUCH)...I have the suit/tie wardrobe and it is conservative and very nice, I just think it's misplaced in architecture so I go casual (Costco has the Polo jeans for $21.99 or some Eddie Bauer slacks, an ok shirt and some loafers...no tie).

Have always wanted to see the Hamptons...there is a mystique to them to those of us on "the Coast" who have heard about them...I did drive my Cutlass Supreme with a CA plate out the L.I.E. quite far once, but I think I would have known it if I was in the Hamptons!

Edited by trinacriabob

you think a Millenia is a stylish car.... by that measure, Fly is gayer than you.

205418[/snapback]

In short, a "metrosexual" is a neat, stylish "pretty-boy" who is not gay but is viewed as so by outsiders. Ryan Seacrest is homo, not metro; he's just a major closet case.

razor, you are the off-the-wallest dude ever! 8)

Loki, gender confusion doesn't equal gayness.

Croc, it was a joke.  As Mister T says, "Laugh, fool!" :)

205148[/snapback]

oh i know... but had to put something real in this topic that's about gays (guys and gals) and people that aren't nessisarilly comfortable about thier gender or sexuality ......

He's my bestest friend!  :pbjtime:

I could just picture you giving him a little pat on the head as you posted that. I'm going to go throw up my breakfast now, thanks.

Some of my friends call me metro, it kind of bugs me, not because of the label, but because I don't think it fits at all. I think if anything, I care too little about my appearance - and hence am still single.

Croc & Blu & Bob & Harley & Balth................I do appreaciate your ability to see through my engulfed frustration and at times just appreaciate me for my...............?.......... engulfed frustration ? Back atcha ! with one of these on the side :pbjtime:

Metro ??? Yea, I just heard my wife use this a few weeks ago. We were watching another of the G3 DVD's and she didnt like Steve Vai's long hair. The first DVD she watched it was shorter and well, I guess she was in luv.......... :lol: In this last one it was long and she said "that long hair has to go, he looks too metro" I said "What ?" She said "yea, thats what all the young girls at work call metro" I said "Get real, hes an old rocker and always had long hair, it goes with the turf"

As for his sexuality I have no idea. Most great guitar players have very feminine or at least soft, slender hands, long agile fingers. Unlike "real" men :lol: such as myself that have toad hands.............

Id still have long hair if it didnt point straight up to the sky and parts beyond

then my username could be .............."electrifiedtoad"

Edited by razoredge

razor, if you want to stay on my good side, you won't put together phrases like "blu and bob".... :angry:

206057[/snapback]

ah common', but hes so :ohyeah: ! I like the Bluman, he a real soldier, I'd march with anywhere........following from a distance.....cause you never know......just, best to keep your eye on him, and all, like that............ :)