SPIED! 2008 Pontiac Vibe

GMan

I can't tell much, but I do get a slight Toyota vibe from the styling on the side... but again it could just be the camo, so we'll see.

203969[/snapback]

The toyota influence may be because the first Vibe was kind of the twin of the Toyota Matrix i don't know if they teamed up on this one too, but i kind of think it's looks if not dimensions are very similar to the Caddy SRX although it is hard to tell much about it with all that camo.

Yeah the 2008 Vibe was slated to again be paired with the Toyota Matrix. These pictures are just big, but it will probably be similar in size to the current model and Dodge Caliber-which if Pontiac Vibe wants to stay alive and get its Vibe back (which it lost after about 2004), it'll need to have Caliber's good styling points, such as the rear roofline for example.

The toyota influence may be because the first Vibe was kind of the twin of the Toyota Matrix i don't know if they teamed up on this one too, but i kind of think it's looks if not dimensions are very similar to the Caddy SRX although it is hard to tell much about it with all that camo.

203971[/snapback]

I think they did a good job making the first Vibe different (and better looking) than the Matrix. I bet it shares platforms again.

What the Vibe really needs is a selection of Ecotecs and better drivetrain combinations. Its extrodinarily disappointing to realize the only way to get the 'best' 1.8l is to get the GT with a stixk only and several thousand added to the price tag. Any variation of Toyota's 1.8l is a waste of everyone's time.

What the Vibe really needs is a selection of Ecotecs and better drivetrain combinations. Its extrodinarily disappointing to realize the only way to get the 'best' 1.8l is to get the GT with a stixk only and several thousand added to the price tag. Any variation of Toyota's 1.8l is a waste of everyone's time.

203981[/snapback]

agreed. this looks like a reskin to me, also.

203981[/snapback]

The Vibe isn't powerful, but it's the most fuel-efficient car that GM sells.

Guest YellowJacket894

In one photo, it appears Pontiac may actually be ditching the tiny, BMW-esque kidney grilles for some real dual-ports. The headlamps remind me of the Nissan Quest and the beltline is definitely influenced by the G6. The dimentions also look similar to the current car, and the roofline appears to be similar to the current Matrix.

We'll see this when -- Detriot? The car looks pretty nice, and I actually can't wait to see what this product looks like and how it's differentiated from it's probably dowdy and ugly Toyota cousin. I also hope to see a real engine underhood instead of some underpowered blender motor.

Guest YellowJacket894

It looks like a Pontiac under the camo.

What is that thing, Chris? And why is the camo cut out like a Pontiac, especially in the front-end? :unsure:

It looks like a Pontiac under the camo.

What is that thing, Chris? And why is the camo cut out like a Pontiac, especially in the front-end? :unsure:

204207[/snapback]

Why would GM have the camo cut out like that if it was a Pontiac? I can see why LLN or Lehmann think it is a Vibe, but there is something else familiar about it as well. Can't place it though.

• 1 month later...

Is this a GM NA vehicle? At first I thought it might be the Astra hatch that's already available in Europe heavily disguised (though that wouldn't make sense) but the slant of the hatch window is too steep and the rear door cut isn't the same. But the overall shape seems similar. If this is a GM product, could it be the next Cobalt?

Hard to tell what it is due to the camo, so I'll wait to "brand" it until later, at which point I will give my opinion as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You guys do know that in Japan, Toyota didn't sell the Matrix, but the Vibe (named Voltz).

Yeah, I was hoping for a Delta/Ecotec Vibe myself, but it's obviously not gonna happen this go-round.

I also personally liked the GT.

You guys do know that in Japan, Toyota didn't sell the Matrix, but the Vibe (named Voltz).

Yeah, I was hoping for a Delta/Ecotec Vibe myself, but it's obviously not gonna happen this go-round.

I also personally liked the GT.

They even left the Vibe's split grill. But we all know why they sell that and not the Matrix...

This

Posted Image

Looks a hundred times better than this

Posted Image

:puke: