What is your next car purchase?

intrigued

The topic of this post is exactly what the topic says, whats your next whip going to be? I bought an 06 malibu SS sedan in may this year and have enjoyed it thus far but Im ready to make the jump to entry luxury next time around. I just finished paying off my loan on the By so I plan on keeping it till summer-fall 08 and then I want to get a loaded 3.6 DI next generation CTS. I considered getting a CTS this past summer but decided that I didnt want to spend that much on a car that is this lat in its product cycle and has been overshadowed recently by the new imports. (I love the current CTS but its past its competitive prime since its already 5 year old)

These are things I want in my next gen CTS. 3.6 DI and 6 speed auto good for 300hp+ sunroof, NAV, sport package on the fence about AWD and pretty much all the other bells and wistles. I figure that will come in at the low 40's, somthing I already ahve a substantial ammount of money saved up for and I figure I will still be able to get 10 grand on trade for a 2.5 year loaded 'bu SS at that time.

So whats coming from the general or god forbid another maunfactureer that has your intrests for the future...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm still paying for my Alero for another two years, I most likely will stick with this car until it chokes or until I can afford a newer one. When that happens I have my eyes set on a used G6 GTP Coupe, don't plan on getting a new car until I have a much higher paying job.

As for my next, next vehicle.. before next summer I'm looking at getting a decent (but cheap) project car to build up and store for the winters. So far, the vehicles I'm intrested in include 80s El Camino or Malibu, 3rd Gen F-body. For any of those vehicles I'd like to have a stroked 383 LT/LS bock.

New

Buick Lucerne CXS

Buick LaCrosse Super

Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

Pontiac GTO

GMC Sierra

GMC Colorado

Used

2003+ Buick Park Avenue Ultra

2001+ Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0

'97+ Buick Regal GS

'97+ Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS

Silverado/Sierra

Colorado/Canyon

9C1 Impala/Crown Vic Interceptor

These are realistic choices for my father and I in the coming year. As you can tell, no imports allowed. Period. That, and I like big cars.

if i replaced our two vehicles right now it would likely be a GMC Acadia and Ford Edge. Problem is they are both not cheap. There are plenty of sedans I like, but right now I need more of a CUV type thing. If I were single and loaded a 335i would be the ticket.

Edited by regfootball

Hmmm....

The only hard requirements I have is that the next car WILL have a stick and it'll be a GM. I'm gonna learn how to drive a manual or die trying (since the Corvette will be a 4spd). What I get depends on when I finally decide to part with the Cobalt ('08 at the earliest) and where I'm living at the time. It could be any one of these:

Cobalt SS (post-MCE)

HHR Panel

G6 coupe

Colorado (if the rumored SS comes out)

'09 Camaro

S10

SSR

CTS

the rumored Commodore-based Pontiac.

IROC 'vert

Blazer (fullsize or S10, but two doors)

GTO

maybe a not-so-popular classic, like a '63 Cutlass F-85.

Currently, I like what I have, and there's no way I'll be getting a new car before 2010, and probably not before 2011. So, who knows what will be out by then. I wouldn't mind a CTS-V Coupe though, but that's probably aiming a bit high :lol:

I think that if I get an internship I'll probably save half of it, use a 1/4 of it for mods (probably headers, exhuast, CAI, maybe suspension), and save 1/4 for college spending.

A NG GTO would be a possibility (if it happens), as would a Camaro, but I'm not sure I want a car that everyone and their brother are going buy. I think I'd like to stay with a coupe though.

2 or 4 door wrangler?

203995[/snapback]

It will depend on the drive, I haven't driven an '07 yet because neither local dealership has one. I would prefer the added length and room of the 4-door, but if I prefer the way the shorter 2-door drives (which I probably will) I will have to go shorter.

Well, I'm a broken record...so here goes:

I am wrapping up a night time Masters in May 2007, so I don't want nor need a new car to dash like a madman on the freeway and in the parking structure looking for a space between my 48 hours at the office and my 2 classes at night. Then, I'll go to Europe for most of June and July, so the 2008s will be here when I return. Hence:

Choice 1

2008 Buick La Crosse CX with some options (alloys, conv. package), 3800 V6

(the Intrigue of the new millenium, right?)

Choice 2

2008 Monte Carlo LT 3.5 VVT V6

Choice 3

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix base 3800 V6

Unless something else comes around by GM or someone can convince me otherwise, these are the choices.

Edited by trinacriabob

Saturn Sky - to replace the VW Passat in Spring '07

NG CTS - to replace current CTS in Spring '08

Maybe Avalanche - to replace current Avalanche... IF a hybrid, E85 burning Avalanche is made available, otherwise, I'll drive my current on into the ground.

I know my next purchase, for summer driving next year i've already ordered an 07 Solstice GXP. I ordered it in emerald green - only problem is that in Ontario right now, production is on hold, being built by manual allocation dealer to dealer. I'm hoping to have it by May/June (and that's if I'm damn lucky).

Hopefully my next car will have the grace of being garage-kept. The Cobalt has been getting far too filthy, and I don't always have the means to wash it.

My wife and I might need a second car in the near, near future, but we would have to get something "pre-owned". In that case, it will probably come down to whatever vehicle is available as long as it's not a truck or a Toyota.

When the Smart Buy is up on the Cobalt, we will probably swap it for an HHR, unless the wife gets one before that time. In that case, I will gauge my options when the time comes (I'll be looking at 2010 models at that point).

hmm... some sort of gently-used RWD coupe with manual trans... i wont be looking until 2011ish... so ideally... a 2006 GTO... but i wouldnt complain about something else like a WS6 or sumthin... who knows

we will probably swap it for an HHR

204035[/snapback]

I was following 2 of them (not deliberately) on the freeway today during lunch time. They are kind of cool...and certainly WAY better looking and better proportioned than the PT Cruiser.

I'm undecided on something specific. Even though I use it for its intended purpose very rarely, I am wondering if I will miss having a truck if I buy a car.

Vehicles I like:

G6 coupe

Cobalt SS/SC

Solstice GXP

900 Silverado/Sierra shorty

Sky

Rabbit 2 door

Mustang GT

Charger SXT

Caliber R/T manual trans

Edited by ocnblu

Well, I really need a small truck. Too bad no one makes one anymore. I'd love another 4 cyl Toyota 4wd or even better yet a VW diesel truck, but that one really aint gonna happen.

For cars I really wish I had test drove the VW's and Im liking whatever Acura that was that passed me last week, FWD or not, it looked great and should have the rest of the package to prove its worth.

Yea..........I be cross shoppin from now on.................

Edited by razoredge

Well, I really need a small truck. Too bad no one makes one anymore. I'd love another 4 cyl Toyota 4wd or even better yet a VW diesel truck, but that one really aint gonna happen.

204145[/snapback]

Ford...Ranger? (Or its Mazda Clone)

Or A Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon?

I haven't the slightest idea. I'm all over the place with my next car thoughts: newer/older, import/domestic, RWD/FWD/AWD, sedan/coupe/convertible/SUV, I4/V6/V8... :banghead:

About the the only thing I'm certain of is that it won't be Korean (nothing a whole lot more appealing over comparable Japanese, German or American cars), a fullsize SUV or a pickup truck (no use for either).

Guest YellowJacket894

Any of the following:

New (Around 2010 or 2011):

• Fifth-Gen Camaro
  • NG GTO
  • Canyon ZQ8 regular cab
  • Sky or Solstice
  • Charger SE
Used (In the near-term to compliment my S-10, which is undergoing exterior modifications.):
  • Late-model F-Body
  • Base Solstice (if I can find one that's not marked up)
  • Canyon or Colorado ZQ8
  • Cobalt SS or SS Supercharged
  • Classic Aurora
  • Bonneville SSEi (or a GX/P if I can find one cheap enough)
  • 300 Base
  • First-Gen Yukon Denali
  • 1994 - 1996 Caprice 9C1 or Impala SS
Edited by YellowJacket894

No friggin way I am going to get rid of my G6. But my next target is a Solstice, after getting my own house.

204177[/snapback]

Yep, like TYD or one of you Maple Leaf types pointed out, Canada alone is a good reason for General Motors NOT to drop the Pontiac line!

I'm looking into a '96 Acheiva at the moment...

My finances are rather limited at the moment. However, once they start to pick up around summertime, my list can include (but is not limited to):

'94-'96 Impala SS/Caprice 9C1

'01 GMT325 or '02+ GMT360 Bravada

'94+ Eldorado

4th-gen F-body

used GTO

Catera

Lincoln LS

classic Aurora

LSS S/C

used Mazda6 V6

used Cobalt SS S/C

used Monte Carlo SS

another Sonoma/S-10 V6

Yep, like TYD or one of you Maple Leaf types pointed out, Canada alone is a good reason for General Motors NOT to drop the Pontiac line!

204184[/snapback]

Well no, if they actually badge the Sky as an Opel here, I would actually consider that. I just don't want a Saturn. And looking at the MSRP here, I'm pretty sure there's no Club Sport model with no interior options (I forgot to add this).

But what the hell. The Solstice is sexiness. Give me one in dark green and a tan interior, just a basic CD player and every single performance option.

due to some reasons i might have to get a new fleet of cars soon.

Might have to store the Caprice some where unregistered and keep it and customized it for future use.

I seen a naked 07 silverado and they look sweet in person. But i have a feeling the look will get old.

so....

Caprice is being stored

silverado given to some farmers in reed city and replaced with some truck

The Toyontiac some for saken used car lot (finialy)

Mystery car 1 sold and put towards purchase of GP GXP in burgendy

Mystery car 2 sold and maybe start the 66 toro build up.

Unfortunely i will have to keep a wonderful craptastic waste of space car in my drive way.

And in the future I will complete my goal of owning a "special car" rather it be a XLR-V, Z06R, Lotus Esprit, a used Koiensegg CCX. the next gen US bound Esprit is high on the list.

I've decided that getting a new vehicle every couple of years is not a good way to spend money, so there's nothing in the immediate future. But the new CTS is a possiblity, and I still have interest in a plug-in hybrid or pure electric vehicle.

New in about 2-3 years...

Buick Enclave

Maybe a Lucerne

Used

2003+ Buick Park Ave Ultra

2001+ Aurora

1999 Aurora

2000+ Eldorado ETC

1990+ Olds Trofeo

Edited by Delta Force79

Unofficially, I am shopping for a Malibu replacement and here are the contenders:

MY LIST:

- 2007 Saturn AURA XR

- 2007 Chevy HHR LT

- 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL (V6)

- 2007 Pontiac Torrent (AWD V6)

WIFE'S LIST:

- 2007 Saturn VUE (AWD V6)

- 2007 Volvo S40

- 2007 Lexus (small car)

I really like the AURA and the wife is so-so with it but definitely not crazy over it (we haven't driven one yet; I really need to check out space and design of the driver's left footwell area first though). I like the HHR, but the wife still doesn't. We both like the Lucerne (bucket seat models only), but the wife feels it's way too big for our needs. And of course I like the Torrent, but the wife likes the VUE more. She really wants the Volvo or small Lexus - no foreign makes allowed in my garage - so right now we're at a stand-still on what to get.

I'm going to wait between Thanksgiving & Christmas to see what sales GM rolls out before I jump ship with the 'bu. I'd like to hold out until I see everything at the Philly Auto Show in February, but the car needs new tires before snow starts falling and roads get icy.

The Envoy lease is up August of 2008 and that is officially when the next car purchase will be made. The Outlook/Acadia seem to be the way the wife wants to go. I'd like a Sierra SLE Crew Cab Z71 4wd myself, but she still says no to trucks. More than likely it will be a Lambda-based vehicle.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Realistically, I've been thinking about a first-gen Stratus, which is probably what I'll get.

I'd love a 90's 300ZX or a 1988 Pontiac Fiero though.

203988[/snapback]

I'm sorry... I disallow you to own a Fiero. No Dodge fans shall ever have one. :D

As for me... I don't see myself replacing the Millenia unless it konks out or if I come across one hell of a deal on some appealing cars. Otherwise, it won't be replaced for atleast a year or two, as I up its condition and such. There are so many cars I'd be willing to own, though.

Realistically, I'd like:

Infiniti Q45

Infiniti M30

Nissan 300ZX

Nissan 240SX

Mazda Millenia S - upgrade! :P

Mazda 929

Mazda MX6

Mazda Miata

Acura Legend

Acura Integra

Honda Prelude

Honda Del Sol

Toyota Celica

Toyota MR2

Toyota Supra

Lexus SC

Lexus GS

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Legacy

Subaru SVX

Pontiac Bonneville

Pontiac Grand Am

Pontiac Grand Prix

Pontiac Firebird

Pontiac Fiero

Buick Reatta

Buick Riviera

Oldsmobile Intrique

Oldsmobile Aurora

Oldsmobile Alero

Cadillac Eldorado

Cadillac Seville

Cadillac Catera

Ford Mustang

Ford Probe

Ford Thunderbird

BMW 3 series

BMW 5 series

VW Jetta

VW Passat

VW Golf/GTI

Saab 9-5

Saab 9-3

Audi A4

Audi A6

Ironically, it's way easier to attain than even half of BV's wishlist.

204495[/snapback]

Oh really? :D

All the cars on my list can be found within 300 miles of my zip... and within my price range. No doubt, some are surprising and some seem unlikely. Either way, I could only pick one and that would be the hard part. Some cars rank higher on my virtual list than others, too... Like... I'm really like those Q45s. :P

Well, I am sure that I will be driving the Grand Cherokee for quite some time, but based on the fact that I have owned a Sunfire, Regal, and my Jeep, I am sure I want another SUV...So, probably another Jeep or an SUV/Crossover from the general...who knows, by the time I'm ready to get rid of this, we might be seeing a second gen Acadia...

It will depend on the drive, I haven't driven an '07 yet because neither local dealership has one.  I would prefer the added length and room of the 4-door, but if I prefer the way the shorter 2-door drives (which I probably will) I will have to go shorter.

204006[/snapback]

i got a brief test of a 4 door wrangler and liked it. the extra room is awesome.

actually, if the one rumor of the VE Commodore coming as the Grand Prix next summer as an 08 is true, then that is my answer.

A nice AWD, 6 speed manual 4 door Commodore or Statesman with either a v8 or twin turbo direct inject 3.6 v6 would be cool.

Edited by regfootball

I think I saw my future car!

How i love thee Caddy DTS!!!!!

But is it FWD or RWD?????? really didnt pay attention to it untill i saw one in black witha mesh grille!