We lost my Dad this morning

Camino LS6

Camino LS6-I'm sorry for your Dad's loss-you're in my prayers and remember that Someone is near, even in this time.

I'm sorry, Camino, and my condolences to you and your entire family.

As for coping, be thankful for being able to spend as much time as possible with him. That's not something everybody can say. Be proud of the love you shared with him.

My sincerest apologies for such a loss, Camino. I know well of what it is like to loose someone you care about. But fret not, something good is in your future to balance your loss. Always remember, your father loved you very much and wishes you a happy life. We do to. :)

My Dad passed away in April 1998...so about 8 years ago. It was sort of a foggy feeling for a short while thereafter, even though we knew it was inevitable since his CHF was advancing.

It's always difficult to say good-bye to a loved one, so I understand. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm doing the copy and paste thing since I can only type this so many times. This response works for the few boards I really frequent so here goes:

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. It's good to have friends (even ones you have never met in person). We are planning "one lap" of my hometown with all of his friends in their collector/antique cars as the local shows and gatherings had come to mean alot to both of my parents over the last few years. My dad really was a "car guy" among other things, and I'm glad we can do something he would really enjoy.

-Bob

He had a peaceful passing.

See you all in a few days.

204359[/snapback]

I'm terrible with words, so I will only say that my sincere thoughts and condolences are with you and your Family, during this time...

God bless

Glad I had a chance to check in before I left for my road trip....

Camino,

Thoughts/prayers coming to you and your entire family. Please know that you have a lot of support.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"My time here is over" ... Patty Loveless ... 'How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?'

Camino, dude, I am so sorry to hear that. Words can't even begin to express the loss you've just experienced, so I hope you'll just take comfort in knowing your father's in a far better place now than he ever was here. You and your family is in all of our hearts and thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up, pal. :thumbsup:

I'm so sorry for your loss Camino, you and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Wow Camino... you have my deepest condolances.

I'm not going to say I know how you feel because

I don't and I'm sure it's very hard. :(

Between Sept. & Oct. 2006 more people have

passed away in my life than in the past 3 years

combined. Friends, co-Worker's friends/family,

Personal friends/family.... I don't know what

the heck is going on?!

I'm sorry about your father (I just read this). Mourn your loss, and revel in the time you had together.

My dad died when I was 16 and I still have a memory of me watching a scary movie when I was about 9 with my dad, hiding in his jacket. I can still smell the scent of Harris Tweed, Dunhill Golden Cavendish and Kolnisch Juchten.

As time passes, those memories become wistful, and comforting.

Everything went very well.

206465[/snapback]

Thanks for letting us know. Were you fairly close to your Dad? Have your other siblings been helping out as well? As time goes on, you'll remember and rely on the good things and good memories like tmp said up above.

Thanks for letting us know.  Were you fairly close to your Dad?  Have your other siblings been helping out as well?  As time goes on, you'll remember and rely on the good things and good memories like tmp said up above.

206471[/snapback]

Yes, our family is pretty tight.

Yes.

I know.

Glad to know everything went well, Camino.

Thoughts/prayers still coming your way.....

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html

"Where have you gone?" ... Glen Campbell ... 'Still Within The Sound Of My Voice'