2008 HUMMER H3

I remenber reading the rumor of the increase of the atlas I-5 and I-4 and the increases can't come soon enuff. I find it pretty remarkable that we might have a base colorado with close to 200hp out of a n/a 4 cylinder. Hopefully when the Colorado and Canyon is due for refreshes which probally around the time the GMT-900's are released we get the I-6 and upgrades I-4 and I-5. And the spyphoto shows that the engine cover says Vortec 3700..........

i don't think they can afford to wait until '07, let alone '09, for an upgraded engine. typical GM. put out a stellar looking product minus something that will really make it hit a home run. in this case some horsepower and torque. what? another 500 bucks per truck? and they would have knocked it out of the park. talk about stopping short.

i don't think they can afford to wait until '07, let alone '09, for an upgraded engine. typical GM. put out a stellar looking product minus something that will really make it hit a home run. in this case some horsepower and torque. what? another 500 bucks per truck? and they would have knocked it out of the park. talk about stopping short.

[post="15629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They did it twice in the last 12 months with the H3 and Equinox!

With gas prices the way the are, maybe they got it right on accident.

[post="15643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

GM should keep the just adequate engine for this purpose. It does move the H3 just not a breakneck speeds. An uplevel engine CHOICE would benefit the line, I think.

Maybe it's just me, but when you look at the picture of the H3 from the rear angle, does it look like the rear roof/glass area may not be real? Meaning that the truck pictured is a SUT model? Maybe I'm just being too hopeful! I'd really like to see the pickup version - here's hoping it takes after the H3T concept truck.

• 4 months later...

hey here is the link for the spy shots of the 08 hummer h3 and a possible specs for the h3 (the 3.5 engine will be now a 3.7 i-5 engine with 245hp and a atlas i-6 with 291 hp)

Click Here For More Info

if you have troubles with the link send me a message to send you the pictures

:CG_all:

[post="15602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

More power? GREAT news.

Unfortunately don't count on the I-6 OR a V8. Unless something has changed, a GM engineer told me one time that nothing bigger than theI-5 will fit the Colorado/Canyon/H3 architecture.....at least not without some expensive design modifications required for mainstream production/crash tests/etc.

I would still bet on the I-5 turbo.....that's what the GM engineer admitted that they were currently working on.

With gas prices the way the are, maybe they got it right on accident.

[post="15643"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay I don't own one so I can't offer real-world experience.....but I'm going to guess that H3's won't come CLOSE to 20mpg in any real-world driving.

With such an underpowered vehicle, you are probably going to be using ALOT of throttle in normal driving....even if you are not "racing."

This will KILL fuel economy. Most road tests don't show any sort of decent economy with H3 anyways.....

A more powerful engine might actually IMPROVE fuel economy because the powertrain will be less stressed in "normal" driving.

Agreed. The 6.6 liter Duramax would be awesome in there!

But I'm guessing you mean something slightly smaller.

[post="17407"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A 6 cyl diesel would make sense..something around 4.0L or smaller.

More power?  GREAT news.

Unfortunately don't count on the I-6 OR a V8. 

[post="92759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nothing has changed and becareful who tells you what and I would not take that bet. I have posted in the past, prior to launch what the powertrain configurations for the H3 will be.

The MT report for the 3.7 is correct at the HP figures cited for 07. But there are more surprise later on. Edited by evok

More power?  GREAT news.

Unfortunately don't count on the I-6 OR a V8.  Unless something has changed, a GM engineer told me one time that nothing bigger than theI-5 will fit the Colorado/Canyon/H3 architecture.....at least not without some expensive design modifications required for mainstream production/crash tests/etc.

[post="92759"][/post]

GM has shown 2 different GMT355s with LSx V8s. The Colorado SS could pass for what would be production.

Pic of the Cruz engine bay
Posted Image
Also lets not forget that the Holden version of the DMaXX is using the HF V6!

At least 1 person from GM that I can site has worked on the 3700.