pow

New Fairlane pictures

37 posts in this topic

pow    106

Episode 15 - http://www.fordboldmoves.com

I'm guessing it looks production-ready. There's footage of it in a copper color, as well as some interior shots (right hand drive, interestingly), a dashboard rendering, and focus group research (Pacifica, Pilot, Freestyle).

The interior seems watered down, but the exterior stays mostly the same.

Edited by empowah

ocnblu    776
Looks promising. I like the side strakes, the white roof, general shape, and chrome accents. Wish it were RWD with optional AWD, 3.5L V6 with 4.6L V8 optional to cover the Lambdas. It'll probably be FWD though, with no V8 option. <_<

sciguy_0504    0

It looks very promising. For me, this is one of the most anticipated vehicles in the next few years. The concept was stunning and Ford should not stray far from it.

Northstar    11

The exterior looks pretty good, and the is not bad except that it looks pretty generic and I'm not liking the door panels, if the clay is accurate.

My question is this however: Why does Ford need the Edge, Freestyle, and Fairlane? It seems like 1 too many products in a segment, especially when Ford could use a new Focus, Ranger, and countless other products so much more. I guess if the Freestyle is dropped then this would be fine, but it's still discouraging that Ford is not investing in other products and dumping all their money in crossovers (or so it seems).

Variance    0

The exterior looks pretty good, and the is not bad except that it looks pretty generic and I'm not liking the door panels, if the clay is accurate.

My question is this however: Why does Ford need the Edge, Freestyle, and Fairlane? It seems like 1 too many products in a segment, especially when Ford could use a new Focus, Ranger, and countless other products so much more. I guess if the Freestyle is dropped then this would be fine, but it's still discouraging that Ford is not investing in other products and dumping all their money in crossovers (or so it seems).

204951[/snapback]

Well, the Freestyle is going away soon, so that solves one of your problems.

mustang84    12

I spy with my little eye...a Panther? Is that large clay car toward the back a future Panther refresh or another large RWD sedan along the lines of the 427 concept?

Posted Image

91z4me    0

I spy with my little eye...a Panther?  Is that large clay car toward the back a future Panther refresh or another large RWD sedan along the lines of the 427 concept?

Posted Image

204959[/snapback]

I think the silver model behind the fairlane is the redone (09)Mustang.

Northstar    11

This actually looks really cool I think. Is this HHR sized, or Rav4 sized?

205256[/snapback]

I thought it was more like a small minivan? Like the Freestyle size.

I love this-looks awesome! I'll take a Dune Pearl, Tungsten, or Redfire one please!

regfootball    252

The Exterior screams xB to me.

205178[/snapback]

yes. this thing is a disaster waiting to happen, unless in the end it looks more like a range rover and less like an Xb or bastardized element.

Edited by regfootball

SableStyle    0

yes.  this thing is a disaster waiting to happen, unless in the end it looks more like a range rover and less like an Xb or bastardized element.

205741[/snapback]

Gotta disagree here. If this thing is xB-like but has even an ounce more style, it'll sell well. The xB sells well because it's a roomy, functional vehicle. Fairlane also seems roomy and functional. If they can improve the looks (and it already seems like they have with better door handles, white roof, better front end, etc.), then this'll be a success.

mustang84    12

You can't compare the Fairlane to the xB. The xB has doesn't look sexy at all...it has tiny wheels, a slab-sided narrow back end, and different proportions completely. Just because they're both boxy does not mean the Fairlane looks anything like an xB.

The treatment of the greenhouse on the Fairlane vs. the xB is what really sets them apart. Ford de-emphasizes the greenhouse by blacking it out and setting it in slightly from the sheet metal, while Toyota brings up this huge, flat, thick C-pillar.

Fords larger wheels also give the appearance of a more balanced vehicle. I've never understood why the Japanese always go with the smallest wheels possible...I'm sure there has to be a reason, because stylewise it looks like &#036;h&#33;.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

regfootball    252

the fairlane is not sexy. and its not cool boxy like a range rover either. maybe this thing will have a huge market as a taxi or cop wagon. How would this look in yellow? this is the leading candidate for fleet/special ed. vehicles.

Edited by regfootball

Intrepidation    848

yes.  this thing is a disaster waiting to happen, unless in the end it looks more like a range rover and less like an Xb or bastardized element.

205741[/snapback]

If you've kept up with the times, boxy is very popular right not, the xB sells well. The Fairlane looks much better than it, and the boxy style will make it very space efficiient.

pow    106

I think the Fairlane is sexy.

206023[/snapback]

:withstupid:

It's Range-Rover-Audi-allroad-lounge-concept-car-chic-urban-outdoor-hybrid-architectural-retro-fresh-metrosexual sexy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.