Warm Feelings?

NOS2006

Couldn't think of an appropriate name for the thread, but what type of cars did you absolutely hate before that you've warmed up to now?

For example, I've never liked Hummers and always thought the H3 was a miniature H2 and ugly as sin. However, I now think the H3 is more appropriate in the everyday setting and more mature looking than the H2; I like it.

List some vehicles you didn't like before that you do now.. this could be interesting (especially if you're an offender of liking the xA, xB, Fit, etc.).

Edited by NOS2006

I hated the Charger when I first saw it. However now it's one of my favorite designs.

205501[/snapback]

I'll have to agree that I didn't like the Charger much.. or the Caliber.. when they first came out. Now, I think both designs are pretty nice (albeit I like the Charger more than the Caliber). But, whatever floats your boat if you like the Caliber more.

I'll have to agree that I didn't like the Charger much.. or the Caliber.. when they first came out. Now, I think both designs are pretty nice (albeit I like the Charger more than the Caliber). But, whatever floats your boat if you like the Caliber more.

205503[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember the first concept photos made the Caliber look odd at some angles, but after the real-world pics and them in person, i like teh design quite a bit...if only the interior were nicer...and it had a traditional automatic.

I didn't like the Caliber at NAIAS '06 when I went. Then I saw a few on the road and still didn't like them. However, after a month or so, I started appreciating the exterior design (yeah, the interior is really bad; it runs in the family I suppose). Nevertheless, I'd still agree that the design could be tweaked a little and made better..

EDIT: Damn, I can't believe that NAIAS '07 is only three months away. The Camaro Concept has been out for nine months now, and it doesn't even feel like it's been that long to me.

Edited by NOS2006

When the first gen Avalanche first came out I thought they were ugly ass sin. I didn't so much mind the cladding, but I thought the front end was downright ugly. Not long after that they came out with the 03 Silverado, and I hated them even more. I would love to have one of those Avalanches now, especially with the cladding, and I love the 03-06 Silverados. The wierdest one of all, is that I the Aztec no longer makes me gag. The side profile of the Aztek after they fixed the cladding and put the 17" 5 spokes doesn't look that bad IMO.

Bangled BMWs

205573[/snapback]

Me too..I didn't like them at first, being a fan of the previous generation 7-, 5-, and 3-series, but the styling of the 5- and 3- have really grown on me.. esp. the 5-. The 7-series and Z4 decklid treatments still don't appeal to me, though.

When I first saw 66/67 Toronado.......again.......I was like :blink: "What the hell were they thinking, its too overdone, too outlandish, just plain crazy, to heavy looking, ect. ect. ect" I couldnt find enough words to describe how totally wrong that car was.

Well as most of you that have been around awhile know, my username represents the 66/67 Toronados front fender design. I still dont like the over wide band around the wheel openings, which is one of the reasons I like the 70 Toro so much.

Other GM's

The recent GP - I still think the rear is a snoozy ass, but the front which radically repelled me has grown on me alot, to the point that I actually like the car now....alot

The Ferrari Enzo I like now, really did not like it when new, still prefer the curvacious look of the Modena but the Enzo has its charm.........thinking of buying one soon.........

The other new Ferrari...the one that came out last year, forget the number, 5 something, I can deal with that now, hated it when I first saw it.

I used to think that the '06 Camry was an '06 Hyundai Sonata that was beaten with an ugly stick. Now I think that the '06 Camry is an '05 Mazda 6 that was beaten with an ugly stick.

what.... it's an improvement in opinion... isn't it?

I think my biggest <obvious> swing was my utter disgust at the Avalanche when it first came out. I was a huge SUV hatre. Later, I became interested in them for their unique versitility, then once I suddenly needed a truck, I looked at them closely and found them downright attractive. Now, I own one.

The Lucerne has grown on me a lot. I think when I first saw it, I called it a Mercury Sable-Pheaton. That comment is probably on this board somewhere. These days, I wouldn't say no to one.

The CTS: I wasn't really keen on it when it first came out. Something about the schnoz irked me. Now, I just might make a gently used one with a manual my next car.

Guest YellowJacket894

I've changed my thoughts on the Sebring. I managed to see one today in person and it's much more balanced setting on a dealer lot. It also came decently equipped for twenty-one grand.

GM and DCX can't take press photos worth a &#036;h&#33;, especially DCX. In photos, the Sebring looks like a cartoon. In person, it looks -- dare I say -- almost classy.

The CTS: I wasn't really keen on it when it first came out. Something about the schnoz irked me. Now, I just might make a gently used one with a manual my next car.

205609[/snapback]

I'm going to disagree. I loved the CTS at first, but after the STS came out, the CTS (except the high-trim models) look cheap and ugly to me.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I wasn't nuts about the Camaro when it came debuted at the NAIAS.

But now, I love it. I guess I just never saw it properly until I looked at the March edition of Motor Trend...

The Charger, absolutely. I can justify liking it now, but not at first.

I cant think of any others. Usually, my opinion doesnt change over time. I still think the Caliber is ugly. Still think the Compass is ugly. Still think the 300 is ulgy. Still think the Sebring is ugly. Still think most of the bangled BMWs are ugly. Still think the Aztek is ugly. Etc, etc...