*Gasp* Another Camry glitch

Drew Dowdell

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's time for me to come clean a little and apologize. I'm not on here trolling and bashing GM, it's owner's or praising Toyota into perfection. Whenever I find a new forum I stir the pot a little to get a better understanding of how the people think, figure out who know's what they are talking about and who the narrow minded folks are. It doesn't matter where you go these are the people who may not know anything, but aren't smart enough to know any better. You can't change their mind's no matter how right you are. This is how I weed them out! FlyBrian do you really think that I just happened to rag on Aurora's even though you have a picture of one posted on every reply. I'm sorry if I pissed in a lot of wheatie's but sometime's it is needed to determine character and you don't get more raw reaction then to insult something that is important to someone.

I know about the recalls on both sides and yes Toyota is having more than normal. This is common knowledge and so is the financial situation in Detroit. I didn't know about the Corolla recalls, but that was because of the small number of cars affected, so I do appreciate that little bit of info.

Now, I am not kissing butt or throwing the towel in, but I am not someone who talk's to people like their dirt and if anyone feel's that way then I do apologize. You will get nothing but genuine opinion's in an open-mided fashion. I am not saying I will agree with everything, but I will not treat you in the manner in which I have the past few day's. Jesus, I'm starting to sound like my wife is writing this! lol Let the opinion's flow and just for the record I cannot stand the nose of the new Camry! :thumbsup:

Where is this model you speak of? Did they stop producing it for 2007?

207894[/snapback]

That's a good question. I know they made them last year, but to be honest I haven't seen one come in yet for '07. A good friend of mine has one and it was pretty impressive, but the downfall is that it is like a two-stroke dirt bike. A good portion of the real power doesn't come in until 7k rpm, so unless your driving around town taching it out you don't get to really enjoy that power too often. If you live in a big city that might be a little different. They may have done away with it since they got rid of the Celica, but it takes a little bit for that info to filter down to the service dept.

so you came in here... and pretty much acted like a complete jerk... just to find out who knows about stuff and who doesnt... when you couldve just read around the forum for a bit... and found the same thing out... and not pissed anyone off... thats... lovely

so you came in here... and pretty much acted like a complete jerk... just to find out who knows about stuff and who doesnt... when you couldve just read around the forum for a bit... and found the same thing out... and not pissed anyone off... thats... lovely

207903[/snapback]

It's a little more complicated than that, because this is a forum that is leans in one general direction. It's a GM site like they said before. I am making an honest apology to you and everyone else on here. Do you get a more honest reaction if you walk up and slap someone or if you give them a chance to think about it first. I think you understand what I'm saying.

You're one of those guys who is trained to blame the owner for every vehicle problem they complain about.  Weasel.

207908[/snapback]

Not at all, but I will say that a lot of the small problem's that customer see, which is usually around 60-80k miles is because they have been convinced that the basic maintenance recommended by GM earlier in the cars life is a waste of money. They don't service the tranny or the fuel system and get mad at GM when the tranny starts to buck and jerk while driving, Or the service guy is trying to milk them for every dime by having thing's done when the vehicle is well over 100k miles that will do nothing but cause more problem's and GM get's blamed for that also.

Oh, so it's only when a Toyota customer comes in and complains it's their fault, but when a GM customer comes in you make sure they know how stupid they are for buying a vehicle from the world's largest manufacturer. I see now. :)

Oh, so it's only when a Toyota customer comes in and complains it's their fault, but when a GM customer comes in you make sure they know how stupid they are for buying a vehicle from the world's largest manufacturer.  I see now. :)

207924[/snapback]

Now, don't put word's in my mouth. A lot of what I said in previous statement's I don't trully believe like I stated earlier. Now open your mind and read what I am typing.

First of all you don't accuse the customer of anything regardless of the car they drive. You don't drive a car maker in the ground especially when you sell that make, but you do explain to the customer that they are responsible for the basic maintenance of the car or truck. You wouldn't believe what some people think should be covered by a factory warranty regardless of the miles they have put on it. Some people act as if they should have no responsibility other than changing the oil, filling it with gas and driving it. Tactfullness is key! If you put 80k miles on your Hyundai and the tranny goes out, you had better hope that the tranny had been serviced at 30 and 60k miles, because I have seen them void warranties when they find out you haven't.

I trully give praise on both side's. We are one of the top 5 Toyota dealership's in the nation for customer satisfaction, but I also do my best to take care of GM. We are just having a hard time trying to pick up the slack where are salespeople drop the ball. You know what I mean in that aspect! lol

I really think that GM wastes so much money trying to keep 8 or 9 brands when they could consolidate a couple (GMC and Chevy), sell a couple(Hummer,Saab) and use that money for a better cause.

probably can't get anything for it. :jump:

206852[/snapback]

That has got to be the most un-educated comment I've seen by far, Lexus holds one of the highest resale values in the Used Car market... don't believe me? Look up in the Auto Trader and find me a 2001 Aurora that is worth more than a 2001 Lexus ES 300

That has got to be the most un-educated comment I've seen by far, Lexus holds one of the highest resale values in the Used Car market... don't believe me?  Look up in the Auto Trader and find me a 2001 Aurora that is worth more than a 2001 Lexus ES 300

207995[/snapback]

Are you familar with the concept of "joking around"? I think the smilies were a good hint.

In my area...

2001 Lexus ES300 - $12,995 with 80,000 miles

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - $10,900 with 59,594 miles

While it's worth more, it sure isn't a whole lot.

I'm also sure it varies by location and by condition of the car, proving your point moot.

That has got to be the most un-educated comment I've seen by far, Lexus holds one of the highest resale values in the Used Car market... don't believe me?  Look up in the Auto Trader and find me a 2001 Aurora that is worth more than a 2001 Lexus ES 300

207995[/snapback]

I can do better than that. There are 1996 Fleetwoods and Roadmasters out there worth more than a 2001 ES

It's a little more complicated than that, because this is a forum that is leans in one general direction. It's a GM site like they said before. I am making an honest apology to you and everyone else on here. Do you get a more honest reaction if you walk up and slap someone or if you give them a chance to think about it first. I think you understand what I'm saying.

207905[/snapback]

In some places that slap in the face will earn you a solid ass kicking. Or you just might get shot. You said the stupid crap and now are trying to backtrack? Don't blame anyone if they take your statements with a grain of salt.

Now that is a great way to introduce yourself. Apology accepted but I think you just discredited yourself and I doubt most people will take you seriously from this point forward. You will see most of us here are open minded when it comes to GM in regards to we know when GM srews up and we ourselves lambast them for it. There are also some import owners who come here and contribute postively and keep things balanced while providing the opposite view. And then there are the usual trolls like evry forum on the net. Welcome aboard...I guess. ;-)

Whenever I find a new forum I stir the pot a little to get a better understanding of how the people think, figure out who know's what they are talking about and who the narrow minded folks are. It doesn't matter where you go these are the people who may not know anything, but aren't smart enough to know any better. You can't change their mind's no matter how right you are. This is how I weed them out! FlyBrian do you really think that I just happened to rag on Aurora's even though you have a picture of one posted on every reply. I'm sorry if I pissed in a lot of wheatie's but sometime's it is needed to determine character and you don't get more raw reaction then to insult something that is important to someone.

This isn't a virtual psychological control group or a place to get your jollies by pissing people off or "weeding out" the "narrow-minded." Apparently you under the delusion that you're someone special. You're not.

I honestly suggest you come back weeks from now under a different screenname with a completely different demeaner because you just eviscerated any respect anyone here would have for you.

Guest YellowJacket894

Appology not accepted, ServiceAdvisor, just to make that point known.

Whenever I find a new forum I stir the pot a little to get a better understanding of how the people think, figure out who know's what they are talking about and who the narrow minded folks are.

Bull$h!. Don't try to redeem yourself by claiming that you have some habit that helps you determine the atmosphere of a forum community. That is a lie, a real load of $h!, and I most certainly do not buy it.

It doesn't matter where you go these are the people who may not know anything, but aren't smart enough to know any better. You can't change their mind's no matter how right you are.

:rolleyes:Posted Image

What a load of narcissistic drivel.

Listen up, just in case you haven't made it a priority to take note of the scenery: I do not need some low-brow, ego-stroking, jackass grease monkey like you to think for me. Same goes for everyone else.

Are you so self-absorbed that you believe it is your duty to join a forum to try to correct an individual's thinking? You, pal, need to go back to changing the Valvoline in the Camry in the corner and have a nice cup of shut-the-f@#k-up.

Get over yourself, asshole. And make a note not to visit here again.

Quoted for emphasis. Quoted for truth. Quoted because it answers your question.

207366[/snapback]

As far as the recall's are concerned you obviously have no idea what the truth is! I have a computer at work with every GM and Toyota recall for the last 15 years or so and I promise you for every 10 GM recalls, Toyota may have 1 or 2. There are 7 on the Envoy alone and still counting. May be you should go to work for GM, it looks like that kind of thinking has been working really well for them. You can blame everyone else, but it doesn't change the fact that they created their own problem's. :ohyeah:

207380[/snapback]

...and now Toyota may creating thier own, growing too fast and even having problems with the new Camry as they try to meet demand. If you are correct in what you say, then Toyota should 'learn' from GM's mistakes, quickly too. That or repeat history perhaps. :(

Edited by ketch

Appology not accepted, ServiceAdvisor, just to make that point known.

:rolleyes:Posted Image

What a load of narcissistic drivel.

Listen up, just in case you haven't made it a priority to take note of the scenery: I do not need some low-brow, ego-stroking, jackass grease monkey like you to think for me. Same goes for everyone else.

Are you so self-absorbed that you believe it is your duty to join a forum to try to correct an individual's thinking? You, pal, need to go back to changing the Valvoline in the Camry in the corner and have a nice cup of shut-the-f@#k-up.

Get over yourself, asshole. And make a note not to visit here again.

208336[/snapback]

Man, you must have spent a lot of time thinking that up. I would tell you to put some ice on your head, but we wouldn't want to damage the two brain cell's you have left. Like I said before, there are some people on here that are too stupid to know any better and you were at the top of the list for a reason. I've forgot more about the automotive industry than you know, so when you graduate from dirt bag school and restore what little bit of thought process you can, go change your diaper and quit wasting your breathe!

Man, you must have spent a lot of time thinking that up. I would tell you to put some ice on your head, but we wouldn't want to damage the two brain cell's you have left. Like I said before, there are some people on here that are too stupid to know any better and you were at the top of the list for a reason. I've forgot more about the automotive industry than you know, so when you graduate from dirt bag school and restore what little bit of thought process you can, go change your diaper and quit wasting your breathe!

209202[/snapback]

ooooooook then...

Also, that insult was lame, and you were in the wrong with your earlier posts.

Which bridge is that? I never threw an insult at anyone like that when I first got onto this forum! If he wants to cry that bad then I'm sure his local daycare can help.

209216[/snapback]

It's just that if you stick around, people are just going to heckle you over this, and poke and prod every little thing you say.

Personally, I think this is just one thread gone horribly bad, and I feel you should be free to stick to your guns.

Guest YellowJacket894

ServiceAdvisor, I'm trying to show some restraint here. Don't start a pissing match with me.

I'll leave it at that.

Edited by YellowJacket894