Derek77

Ford Edge Confusion

I've been interested in the Edge since it was first unveiled. Ford has updated their website with new info, more pictures, and pricing. I've always thought and read where the Edge is bigger than the Equinox but smaller than the Lambdas. Ford says the mileage is 18 city/ 25 hwy with the 2wd model. New 2007 Ford Edge So I thought that was not too bad considering that you get a 265hp 3.5 and 6-speed auto in something bigger than an Equinox. So today I did a comparison with the Edge and the Equinox to see how much bigger and how the Thetas would do when compared. Now I know that Edmunds is not always correct with there info, but it's still a good place to go to compare specs. To my suprise, they are nearly the same size. The Edge is definitely wider, but the Equinox is longer and taller. The Edge has 1 cu. ft. more interior space, but less room behind the rear seat compared Nox. Beside having a better powertrain, I feel a little let down for some reason. It's not like a want more space, I was just hoping for better mileage now considering it's "now" smaller size, but it sure is porky in weight. Am I the only one who thought is was BIGGER than what it is? Anyways, feel free to comb over the comparison.

Ford Edge vs. Chevrolet Equinox

EDIT: Can't get the Ford Edge vs. Chevrolet Equinox link to work. Just do a comparison at Edmunds of the two vehicles.

Edited by CSpec

IDK, the impression I get with the Thetas is that they're cute 'utes, whereas the Edge is more of a midsize unibody SUV. The Equinox is still a stretched VUE, and there's a sense of cheapness to the engineering.

Guest YellowJacket894

Wait -- isn't the Escape and Equinox the same size? And if the Edge is the same size as the Equinox, doesn't that mean that the Escape and Edge are two very similar products overlapping each other in the same line-up?

Damn, Ford. You are the most redundant, old-fashioned automaker out there. GM mostly stopped with this crap three years ago. Why didn't you get the memo?

Edited by YellowJacket894

IDK, the impression I get with the Thetas is that they're cute 'utes, whereas the Edge is more of a midsize unibody SUV. The Equinox is still a stretched VUE, and there's a sense of cheapness to the engineering.

205944[/snapback]

DING!

even when the equinox SS arrives, it won't be as stoudt feeling.

the Edge is a Murano clone.

Although, an SS Equinox I would find appealing if its 400 pounds lighter.

The Edge could stand to lose about 200 pounds and get a nice interior. Yet, I would really love to have one in my driveway.

Edited by regfootball

Wait -- isn't the Escape and Equinox the same size? And if the Edge is the same size as the Equinox, doesn't that mean that the Escape and Edge are two very similar products overlapping each other in the same line-up?

Damn, Ford. You are the most redundant, old-fashioned automaker out there. GM mostly stopped with this crap three years ago. Why didn't you get the memo?

205955[/snapback]

The Escape and Equinox are not the same size and, in my mind at least, are not even in the same vehicle category. The Escape is a cute ute, the 'Nox is a midsize crossover that would battle the Edge, Rav4. The Escape and Edge are two different products and, IMO, fit nicely together in Ford's lineup.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook