Sign in to follow this  
Camaroman22

Dodge Caliber chop

18 posts in this topic

wheels don't have to turn on showcars northstar :P .

i'm not a big fan of the lowrider with big wheels either but it works on a caliber, actually it'd probably work on the entire dodge lineup.

206292[/snapback]

No way...large wheels are fine...but I found lowriders just look stupid. However it's fun to watch one get stuck on a speed bump :lol:

No way...large wheels are fine...but I found lowriders just look stupid. However it's fun to watch one get stuck on a speed bump :lol:

206296[/snapback]

well it'd look pretty dam goofy if a little car like this was rollin on 20s with the bottom of the bumpers and sideskirts a foot above the ground.

well it'd look pretty dam goofy if a little car like this was rollin on 20s with the bottom of the bumpers and sideskirts a foot above the ground.

206300[/snapback]

Posted Image

Game set and match

:P

i chopped a caliber once... out of pure boredom... i tried to make it as ugly as humanly possible...which wasnt hard considering what i had to work with... but it got harder when i decided to make it not a hatchback anymore...

heres what i came up with... i was pretty successful in making it uglier i think...

Posted Image

:AH-HA_wink: :booyah: :high five smiley we dont have:

Edited by 04monteintimidator

i chopped a caliber once... out of pure boredom... i tried to make it as ugly as humanly possible...which wasnt hard considering what i had to work with... but it got harder when i decided to make it not a hatchback anymore...

heres what i came up with... i was pretty successful in making it uglier i think...

Posted Image

:AH-HA_wink:  :booyah: :high five smiley we dont have:

206326[/snapback]

Let's not forget whose sig features the car that makes makes most other look beautiful in comparison

Posted Image

Compared to that ugly mug I'll take the Avenger any day.

Posted Image

well... 2 things...

one... my sig does not feature a 2000-2005 monte... so what youre talking about i do not know

two... how people like a design just happens to be an opinion... as in something that could actually be different from person to person... no i know... its shocking really... i was also once convinced that everyone should like everything that i liked and hate everything i hate... but that was in 3rd grade... anyway... i prefer my monte to the avenger... you prefer the avenger to a monte... good for you... but to me... an avenger looks like it doesnt know what it is... is it a caliber? is it a charger? maybe its a brick! where the monte has a definite identity all its own

as a side note... ive asked multiple times... and yet never gotten an answer from you... without just saying "because its ugly" what specifically do you have issues with in the monte's design?

well... 2 things...

one... my sig does not feature a 2000-2005 monte... so what youre talking about i do not know

two... how people like a design just happens to be an opinion... as in something that could actually be different from person to person... no i know... its shocking really... i was also once convinced that everyone should like everything that i liked and hate everything i hate... but that was in 3rd grade... anyway... i prefer my monte to the avenger... you prefer the avenger to a monte... good for you... but to me... an avenger looks like it doesnt know what it is... is it a caliber? is it a charger? maybe its a brick! where the monte has a definite identity all its own

as a side note... ive asked multiple times... and yet never gotten an answer from you... without just saying "because its ugly" what specifically do you have issues with in the monte's design?

206401[/snapback]

You've asked that? Sorry I must always look over it. Well the pre-`06 models I hated the front end, from the headlights to the grill. The spoiler looked stupid, and the flowing lines aren't my thing..plus the doesn't seem very unified. The rear bumber is kinda bubbly with no real deffinition. The long overhangs don't help either. I hate the way the chatacter lines from the front and rear doesn't match up, like they were just randomly placed and that was that. The `06 has a much nicer front end and a nicer interior...but everything else is still flawed.

I prefer shaper, taugh lines, which is probably why I liked most of DCX's latest designs (save the Sebring...and the Aspen, and the pre- `07 Durango...and the Dakota). I like smooth lines too,like in an XK or an Aston Martin...but they have to be more cohiesive. So there ya go. That why I've never liked the current gen Monte (plus it's FWD, on an old platofrm and has a 4-speed...Does the V8 at least get a manual option?)

Yes I know opinions are subjective. But if you can bash the Avenger and it's ok? why can't I bash the Monte? It's all in good fun.

...what's "section" antoine?

206295[/snapback]

I'm probably wrong, but that's when an entire portion of the car, horizontal or vertical, is taken out to make it shorter/smaller. In this instance it appears you lowered the roofline by sectioning the pillars. Not literally. Image wise, I know you just shrunk the greenhouse with one of them fancy schmancy tools.

It's been done, mechanically, on custom jobs, but it's a huge pain in the arse to properly execute.

sry but i'm not messin with the mesh, whenever ido it always turns out horribly, horribly wrong.

206295[/snapback]

I understand. I've been down that road, too.

Edited by aaaantoine

here's the list of mods that i did:

extended bumpers/sideskirts downward

made the hoodscoop bigger

eyelid on the headlight

got rid of some of the orange in the headlight

mesh in grilles and hood scoop

new rims from SRT-10

lowered the whole thing

raked the windshield

vertically squished the cabin

made part of the mirror orange and put ledsignals on it

aluminum gascap

backdrop

and made it orange.

Edited by Camaroman22

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this