If you could wave The Majic Wand

razoredge

I know "what if's" are mute.......eh.... moot

But here it is, your buddy, The Wizard has given you the opportunity for a one time wish

If you could change something, anything, what would it be ?

Remember just one, more than one and you turn into a Wart Toad

Edited by razoredge

I wish i would have taken a different road in life when i was 20. Even septic sucker job would be better than the mess im in.

206371[/snapback]

Ah, Id say no it couldnt, but I take it this means your in dire straights ? Sorry to hear that. Maybe Ill save my wave for you. Maybe it would be for you and others in such predicaments in the first place. Or maybe Ill just wave for the Pot of Gold, screw all others... I want a house on the beach !

Hmmm...wave a magic wand and have anything that I want come true?

Easy.

100 trillion dollars. In other words, basically, more money than I would ever need to do whatever I wanted with.

Of course, I'm shallow like that and in my eyes money is everything.

Easy.

100 trillion dollars. In other words, basically, more money than I would ever need to do whatever I wanted with.

206390[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Although I would be a bit more generous and share some with family and close friends.

I'd probably have it be to know everything I will need to know in order get graduate and maybe get a Master's so I can get a job at GM. Money wouldn't be a bad option, but I think I can live comfortably with a good salary and I'd rather go to work everyday and do something than not.

not just YOUR eyes...

206393[/snapback]

Spoken like 2 dyed-in-the-wool Southern Californians. :lol:

Sexual comments from nippy Pennsylvania and materialistic comments from So. Cal. --- so what else is new here?

Please point out to me one word in my response above that has anything to do with sex. My post is perfectly innocent. You guys attached a meaning to it. :P

I guess I'd ask for enough to pay off my house and truck so I could save up to buy a piece of ground in the country to build a modest dream house on. Also I'd buy my mom a nice bungalow, something easy to care for. I'd like a fully funded retirement account generating interest. And finally a GMT900 pickup truck and a G6 GT coupe. With those things taken care of, going to work every day would be much easier.

A person to love for life would be beyond perfect.

I don't think the wizard's wand, no matter how impressively beautiful and flesh-colored it is, could make it possible to bring our soldiers home from Iraq and Afghanistan and shut up that moron in North Korea.

Edited by ocnblu

I don't think the wizard's wand, no matter how impressively beautiful and flesh-colored  it is, could make it possible to bring our soldiers home from Iraq and Afghanistan and shut up that moron in North Korea.[/b]

206449[/snapback]

Ocn, I'm sure you know.... sometimes you just have to take it out and flog it.

I wave my magic stick all the time..... gets me all sorts of wishes...

206363[/snapback]

:lol:

Easy.

206390[/snapback]

:withstupid:

I would mostly spend it on a dream garage filled with every car I've ever fantasized about. I dont need to live like a Trillionare, or even a Millionare. I just want to fulfill the car enthusiast inside me. I might be moving out of PA, even though it does have some fun roads... I think it'd make it usier to fulfill the hopeless romantic of a gay guy also inside me without a second wave of the magic wand. :P Who made that damn rule anyways? Razor, you suck. :D

Just about anything you can possibly wish for would have consequences or quirky side effects. Or so television has taught me.

If you get 100 Trillion dollars and start spending it all around, first off, where did the money come from? The sky? Imagine we suddenly added 100 Trillion dollars into currency circulation. Inflation would skyrocket. That would hamper everyone else greatly, and enrage them all the more when they find out you have all this money to burn. The story wouldn't be much different if the 100 Trillion dollars came out of other people's pockets, be they rich or poor...

For those who wish their life had taken a different path, refer to the movie Mr. Destiny. Unless you don't like Jim Belushi, in which case, I don't know what to tell ya. Point is, there are loved ones you know now that you would have never met if your life had taken a different path, and some things are just meant to be. (Side note, there was a more recent movie that was kinda like the opposite of Mr Destiny, called The Family Man. But that movie's not for people who don't like Nicholas Cage. If you dislike both actors, sorry, you're screwed.)

As far as who I'd agree with, I think my answer would be the same as Camino's.

For those who wish their life had taken a different path there are loved ones you know now that you would have never met if your life had taken a different path, and some things are just meant to be.

206483[/snapback]

True.

But Ignorance is bliss.

Its just Hard to explain, Lets just say People are out to get me...

Money does not buy you happiness, but it does allow you to choose your misery.

HOw about a complete make over for that fool in N. Korea?

If I could wave the magic wand...I'd go back to last Friday and get the name of the girl I went riding with and had a great time and who's been on my mind for the past week. I know where she works (she told me), but I'd hate to show up at her office and freak her out.

:banghead:

OK

Money is a great blanket wish. It would cover everything for yourself and those you care about. It could also create jobs, if you created a business. Finally, money makes money and that much would make a bundle even with modest squandering

The guy on the last page, I forgot who, that said "the ability to answer any question" was absolutely friggin brilliant! I never thought of that. That would nail the financial security which would take care of the "dreams" and the dreams would be well thought out and fruitful. I would also mean you would be bound to the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong, something that the "give me the money" crowd will never have. But what gets me the most about it is......It would make you "The Wizard". Unless someone else tops that answer I give this guy the nod for most brilliant use of "The Wand"

Now - aaaantoine Shows much brilliance here as well. It all has its price. The newly profound Wizard would have to fight dayly to retain his sanity, all those answers might come to questions he would rather not ask, he may be faced with continous torture from all that is not right, with the world and life........

All you humble people with your simple wishs are from my cloth.

My wish would be to wipe out GREED, make any incling of it non existant, impossible to be greedy.........which would eliminate all of you money grubbers........and make the burden bore by the newly aquired Wizard, much lighter........... :lol:

thanks for the replies guys..........even you ...........BLU ! :nono: ..... :P

I leave you all with this

The Wizard

He was the Wizard of a thousand kings,

I chanced to meet him one night wondering

He told me tales and he drank my wine

Me and my majic man kinda feelin' fine

He had a cloak of gold

and eyes of fire

and as he spoke I felt a deep desire

to free the world of its fear and pain

and help the people to feel free again

Why dont we listen to the voices in our hearts ?

'cause then I know we'd find we're not so far apart

Everybodys got to be happy

Everyone should sing

For we know the joy of life

The peace that love can bring

So spoke the Wizard in his mountain home

The vision of his wisdom means we'll never be alone

and I dream of my majic night

and the million silver stars that guide me with their light

Hensley/Clarke

The guy on the last page, I forgot who, that said "the ability to answer any question" was absolutely friggin brilliant! I never thought of that. That would nail the financial security which would take care of the "dreams" and the dreams would be well thought out and fruitful. I would also mean you would be bound to the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong, something that the "give me the money" crowd will never have. But what gets me the most about it is......It would make you "The Wizard". Unless someone else tops that answer I give this guy the nod for most brilliant use of "The Wand"

That would be me...thanks for the compliment. Maybe I'm weird, but I think about stuff like this a lot so I've had that answer for a long time. It does pretty much cover everything. You could ask how to solve any of society's problems and get the answer. The solution wouldn't magically happen, you'd have to work to implement it. The upside is that you could also ask to know what the long term effects would be of the "solution" before you changed anything. Who knows, maybe society is better off with certain problems. Everything is so interrelated it just fascinates me.

I've never been much of a "stuff" person. I used to want to just "know" everything, but I realized that there are some things that we are better of not knowing. That's why the wish would be to only know the answer after posing the question. Of course, then the test of character becomes to never pose the question to things you shouldn't know. As I said, a double edged sword.