Saw the new Silverado and test drove it.

Well I didn't test drive it but my dad did. Our dealer had a Grand Re-Opening becasue it was renovated and they had a 2007 Silverado LTZ on loan from GM Canada. I was surprised they let some drive it. It set a very good impression. Everything was good about it except for the dash. It was a fully loaded LTZ with Nav and DVD. I am not a fan of the dash. i like the work truck set up much better. This had the 5.3L and when we fired up I couldn't believe it. I thought it had the Vortec Max in it because it sounded so powerful. It was loud and aggressive. I was surprised when we opened the hood. It was the 5.3L so I assumed the exhaust was just changed or something. It sounded different than the Tahoe for some reason. It was louder. The Silverado drove like a dream. You would never think you were driving a truck. The seats were plushy and the handling was extremely responsive and it didn't roll a lot on turns. We have winding valley roads in our area so we took it out on there. It handing nicely and extremely responsive. The bed wasn't shaky or anything. The cab is extremely quiet with little wind noise but some. The engine was excellent. It accelerated quickly and sounded nice. You could hear the engine was a V8. It wasn't a quiet engine but rather to my liking. I like the sound of V8s and it sounds so prominent and intimidating. We compared to our 04 Tahoe and it was much nicer. I like the sound of our Tahoe but we have a Magnaflow exhaust system on it so it is aftermarket. The Silverado however is much more responsive. Braking is also fast and responsive. This truck beats the crap out of any other in the segment. I am impressed and give it a 4 out of 5. The work truck dash looks nicer in my poinion but this truck is much more plushier than any other. It rides smoothly as well. I will post pics later but if you are in the GTA region and can get up to Orangeville in about half an hour then you could drive it yourself. It is located just off of HWY.10 North of Orangeville about 2 minutes north. Orangeville is located at the junction of Hwy.9 and 10. The dealer is Royal Chevrolet Cadillac.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

Here are the pics of the Silverado. Sorry for the quality. My camera screwed up or something plus it wasn't a nice day. This was when someone else was pulling away in it. I didnt get pics of the interior because it looks similar to the Tahoe and I should've brought my camera on the test drive but I would've left it in there. I have done that many times lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I sat in a Sierra at a dealer. Interior quality is far behind Ridgeline. Much of the switchgear, the corporate radio for instance, feels loose and is surrounded by hard plastic. The door shut with a tinny uncertain feel. Stepping back into my RSX I felt a world's of difference. This is supposed to unseat the F-150? No way, tactile feel alone on F-150 is better, not to mention design. GM needs to stop bragging so much when they don't have the goods to back it. I seem to recall them saying F-series didn't go far enough...

I sat in a Sierra at a dealer. Interior quality is far behind Ridgeline. Much of the switchgear, the corporate radio for instance, feels loose and is surrounded by hard plastic. The door shut with a tinny uncertain feel. Stepping back into my RSX I felt a world's of difference. This is supposed to unseat the F-150? No way, tactile feel alone on F-150 is better, not to mention design. GM needs to stop bragging so much when they don't have the goods to back it. I seem to recall them saying F-series didn't go far enough...

208083[/snapback]

Was it really that bad? Because I tend to trust your opinions quite explicitely......

I haven't explored a new Silverado extensively, but I was pretty impressed with materials and switchgear in the GMT-900 SUVS I've sat in.....

My biggest bitch with the new pickups is the bland and uninspired exterior styling.....I don't think they've moved the game along far enough.....

The Ridgeline.................? (I just spewed coffee all over myself, laughing)

The Silverado I sat in was nice and was excellent quality just like the GMT-900 SUVS. Acuras may seem better quality but that is because they are. They are also more expensive and in a different class so that would be liek comparing this to an Escalade or Mercedes or something. They are good quality because they are meant to be. Chevrolet isn't luxury, quality is good but it isn't the best and it shouldn't be. That would raise the price quite a bit.

208083[/snapback]

What model did you sit in? WT, SLE1, SLE2, or SLT?

208083[/snapback]

Sarcasm, bias or trolling, take your pick.

Was it really that bad?  Because I tend to trust your opinions quite explicitely......

I haven't explored a new Silverado extensively, but I was pretty impressed with materials and switchgear in the GMT-900 SUVS I've sat in.....

My biggest bitch with the new pickups is the bland and uninspired exterior styling.....I don't think they've moved the game along far enough.....

208216[/snapback]

From pictures, I honestly believed the Silverado dash was appealing, if just a little uninspired. My first experience with the 900s was at an auto show with Croc, where I found it to be pretty acceptable; Croc was disappointed with it, felt it wasn't that impressive and GM was still behind.

After sitting in the Tahoe, I felt as much as GM had advanced, the competition did not stand still. Door panels felt loose not totally sealed right, the gaps seemed large where the roof pillars met the lower expanses of the interior, the pillars were not cloth instead cheap rubber, the seats were hard and unimpressive, the center stack was uninspired looked like a 5 year old dash yet again, the switchgear on the doors looked and felt impressive and solid, but the switchgear on the dash was underwhelming, this was the sat nav model, the HVAC controls were not bad, the actual dash was made up of really underwhelming materials that just felt hollow.

This all applies to the Sierra I sat in, except the seats were great this time. Most disappointing was yet again that big GM radio that is in every other GM car, that is just not very stylish or current. Compare it to like the Ridgeline radio design and it's a loser. Ridgeline materials are hard palstic, but the graining is much better than the 900s, and the dash feels solid. It has strength, it doesn't give when you push in making it feel like it can come apart. The plastic has good tactile feel, and if you push on it, it's a pleasing plastic material, but it doesn't feel like I can take it apart. the armrest has a great cloth material, the switchgear doesn't move around in its position, it stays solidly, what a revelation, [admittedly, Honda has some of the best interior materials, so we are comparing the top here, Toyota still has this problem of cheap feeling switchgear]. The switchgear has excellent damping and precision. It all LOOKS unique and modern and stylish in a Honda Ridgeline, the Sierra looked behind the times and bland. It looked high quality and elegant, but behind the times compared to the Ridgeline.

Go ahead and spend some quality time in each one. Then you can have real information to back your opinion up. [not referring to OC, to others]

The Silverado I sat in was nice and was excellent quality just like the GMT-900 SUVS. Acuras may seem better quality but that is because they are. They are also more expensive and in a different class so that would be liek comparing this to an Escalade or Mercedes or something. They are good quality because they are meant to be. Chevrolet isn't luxury, quality is good but it isn't the best and it shouldn't be. That would raise the price quite a bit.

208268[/snapback]

you're right, but the Silvy should compare well to the Ridgeline, and should be much improved over the F-150. As it stands, it's not ten times worse than the Ridgeline, but it just doesn't seem like such a quantam leap above what was there before, nor is it as good as the F-series.

I believe it was an SLT or SLE, it wasn't the one with the Tahoe interior rather the more rectangular looking interior.

208401[/snapback]

The SLT gets the Tahoe/Yukon interior, so it must have been an SLE or WT. I was curious if there was a difference in materials quality between the different interiors, but it sounds like no from your Tahoe experience. I can't wait for a local dealer to get a truck in stock so I can go check one out in person.

Interesting I didn't think the Ridgeline interior was very good compared to other Hondas (like the Accord or Pilot) when I sat in one at the autoshow last year. Nicer materials than my 2000 GMC Sierra for sure, but that's not exactly hard...

ya know, it was just my opinion that the Sierra wasn't up to the par set by the Ridgeline. Once you spend serious quality time with the Ridgeline [and all Hondas really], you see how precise and great fitting everything is. Everything moves fluidly and has solid feel/sound. The GMC just didn't emit that, but I admit I am using a very high standard. As far as tactile quality, I also still didn't feel like it measured up, but the Sierra is good nonetheless, certainly as good as many consumers would hope for, it's the extra 50% of carbuyers who don't consider GM that would be wowed to find something totally unexpected in the Sierra's interior that I would seek to win over if I ran the company.

I understand your point in general, but with these trucks, what "50%" is GM trying to convice? Those who bought a Ridgeline are likely disinterested in traditional quarter-ton trucks anyway and I'm sure the defection rate among Dodge, Ford, and GM pickup owners is pretty low.

The current Tundra speaks for itself in terms of mediocrity and the Titan set the bar pretty low in terms of overall quality. The next Tundra is, of course, the challenger to beat but based solely on visuals alone, it is again a non-issue. Even ignoring that, the Tundra has its own issues.

The two unique dashboard configurations is pretty forward-thinking for this segement, showing that consideration was given between those that prefer a traditional, expansive layout and those that have become accustomed to the carlike SUV environment. If the -900s have improved where it counts - under the hood and below the sheetmetal - as they say they have, that is fine with me and likely the majority of those that would actually be in the market for a truck.

i guess you just get spoiled ina ll that honda greatness. :lol: the ridgeline is for people who want to be coddled while they drive. there is nothing substantial at all about that creation. it does not one thing special, except maybe the interior as yyou have alluded to. well big f'n deal. real trucks dont coddle you. you expect everything to be where youy nees and want it and thats it.

spend some time in them doing what they are supposed to do and you tell me what works best. some things you just cant copy.

these are the best damn trucks out there and it will be reflected in the sales. they are built to perform and surpass each previous generation and considering theyve been around almost 100 years theyve got a lot to work with.

I drove the new Silvarado at the Texas state fair. I have to whole heartedly disagree with all the comments made here. They aren't only a huge step forward for GM, but do eclipse the competition in my honest opinion. I say this because they match the REAL competition(Ford, Dodge, Nissan, and MAYBE the new Toyota(Didn't have a chance to check it)) in every IMPORTANT way. And then exceed them in many important ways(Fuel economy being the most important one). As far as the interior, ride, power, and all it was as good or better than any previous truck. Quit talking about the Ridgeline. That is not a truck, but an SUV with a good towing capacity with a truck LIKE box. I don't agree that it has a better interior or feel anyhow. I have an Accord and can't say anything about the Accord seems any more "tactile" than the new Silvarado. It's a truck anyhow so a lot of the soft feel materials you might be referring to wouldn't stand up to gun barrels, hammer, plier, and all the various other construction, farm, hunting, fishing and various other equipment that tends to find is way inside the cabin of proper utilized TRUCKS. And even the higher trim level Silvarado's get properly utilized MUCH more often than ANY Ridgeline ever probably has, being that it isn't really a truck anyhow. The new Toyota Camry's are already starting to get complained about because all the soft touch materials are TOO soft! But even so, I thought everything fit as well as any honda I have been in and all hinges and such were just as fluid in their operation. I would actually venture to say that some of the more hardened previous silvarado buyers are going to think this new one is a step back in some respects mostly because of the smoothed over ride and fluid feel turbo200 is asking for. For example my Honda's doors open in a very fluid fashion. So fluid in fact that they don't seem to hold an particular open angle in what I would call a steady way on a hill or in a light wind. I preferred the less fluid but kinda ratcheted feel of my old Oldsmobile Aurora's doors over the fluid feel of the Accord. You had 2 or 3 set open positions the door would hold reliably.

<_< Honda - I have owned two - both Accords. My wife's accord wagon was arguably the most boring automobile I have ever owned...to the extent that it was sold 6-weeks after purchase for a used '95 Yukon that rode better, drove better, and generally did everything better than the Honda ever did. I have never looked at ANY Honda and went "WOW!" I will now move on to the present: My brother bought an Acura (expensive Honda) TL or something ( 3-series competitor) and he had to go and take me for a ride to show it off. Small, rode HORRIBLE for a NON-sport packaged car, had the most convuluted dash I have ever had the displeasure of peering upon and the simulated chrome alumaplastic that surrounded all of the screens and audio controls was so displeasing I was shocked. I sat in the drivers seat and switched the switches and touched all of the tactile areas that everyone gets so worked up about...and I don't get it. I could not find the appeal in the car in any way shape or form, and when he told me what he is paying is EQUAL to my 07 Tahoe LT3...I laughed. The ONLY feature I found cool was the bluetooth of his phone and it's integration into the car. If my Tahoe had that...I would never again need to shop for another car.

The Ridgeline is a great copy of the Avalanche, with an uninspiring interior (my opinion) and an inability to work as a truck when called upon. This would not be the case with the GMT-900's - they will be used as trucks in 80-90% of the time. Guys out hunting or working on the jobsite don't care two bits about the switchgear feel or the graining of the plastic being of a finer grain than the grain on their wife's Honda Truck.

different strokes for different folks i guess

to flybri, what I think is that most honda buyers, and import buyers in general, have been pretty spoiled by the pleasantries and tasteful things they find in thier cars. I think it will be hard to woo those buyers from other manufacturers unless you outdo them at what they are best at. Otherwise, you are competing for a diminishing pool of loyal customers, since we all know it isn't the imports that are losing share but GM.

You would be surprised at how many Ridgeline buyers would settle for any pickup, but they liked the fact that it's a Honda truck [hard to beat that I know] and that it rode and drove very well. Then again, there really weren't many buyers at all for it, and that's not a point I am debating.

So Ford and GM clearly have the formula for success down, but I figured they would have gone out of thier way to improve on it in every way, and especially with GM's own words about it, I expected the new 900 interior to seriously blow the F-series out of the water. The two dash thing is a Ford idea in the first place, and I just don't think it's anything near excellently executed. It's just average, what's in place there. And to me, that's never been good enough. To cater to that 50%, or begin to hope to cater to them, you have to have something that is going to impress the &#036;h&#33; out of them. Like this: Lexus SUV owner:" my friends are like damn our truck has a really great ride and it just looks and feels so luxurious, they couldn't stop going on and on about it, now it's a GMC, but I usually trust this guy's word, so I'm going to take a look at it, the Lexus does have 50k miles on it now, our lease will be up soon, and we want our new truck to have the same capability but an even tougher image, cause that's what we want." same Lexus buyer: "I went to check out the GMC truck and it was way more impressive than our Lexus, it was the most impressive truck I've ever seen. That is hard to imagine, and the look of the truck, I love it, I never felt that way about the Lexus. I'm gonna get it."

So on and so forth.

If A Mercedes Benz E-Class driver can be sold on a Civic [i did it :)], then anything can happen.

Edited by turbo200

We've debated this Ridgeline/Avalanche (Silverado) thing before and they are two completely different vehicles. For my taste, the Ridgeline tries too hard. The buttons and gadgets are too big, too "post industrial." For some of the same reasons I don't like the Ram either. The Silverado may not WOW you, but it is tasteful, understated and, I dare say, will age better than the interior of the Ridgeline (in terms of how well shag carpeting aged 30 years ago.)

With the direction that both Ford and Dodge have gone with their full-sized trucks (big for the sake of being big), I think GM is smart to take on a different path. Real truck buyers are a little more conservative in their views, I think.

I doubt very many people who would even bother to test drive a Ridgeline would have considered a Silverado in the first place.

different strokes for different folks i guess

to flybri, what I think is that most honda buyers, and import buyers in general, have been pretty spoiled by the pleasantries and tasteful things they find in thier cars. I think it will be hard to woo those buyers from other manufacturers unless you outdo them at what they are best at. Otherwise, you are competing for a diminishing pool of loyal customers, since we all know it isn't the imports that are losing share but GM.

You would be surprised at how many Ridgeline buyers would settle for any pickup, but they liked the fact that it's a Honda truck [hard to beat that I know] and that it rode and drove very well. Then again, there really weren't many buyers at all for it, and that's not a point I am debating.

So Ford and GM clearly have the formula for success down, but I figured they would have gone out of thier way to improve on it in every way, and especially with GM's own words about it, I expected the new 900 interior to seriously blow the F-series out of the water. The two dash thing is a Ford idea in the first place, and I just don't think it's anything near excellently executed. It's just average, what's in place there. And to me, that's never been good enough. To cater to that 50%, or begin to hope to cater to them, you have to have something that is going to impress the &#036;h&#33; out of them. Like this: Lexus SUV owner:" my friends are like damn our truck has a really great ride and it just looks and feels so luxurious, they couldn't stop going on and on about it, now it's a GMC, but I usually trust this guy's word, so I'm going to take a look at it, the Lexus does have 50k miles on it now, our lease will be up soon, and we want our new truck to have the same capability but an even tougher image, cause that's what we want." same Lexus buyer: "I went to check out the GMC truck and it was way more impressive than our Lexus, it was the most impressive truck I've ever seen. That is hard to imagine, and the look of the truck, I love it, I never felt that way about the Lexus. I'm gonna get it."

So on and so forth.

If A Mercedes Benz E-Class driver can be sold on a Civic [i did it :)], then anything can happen.

208714[/snapback]

I think you may be confusing pickup and SUV buyers. Part of the reason why Toyota is making a bigger Tundra is to lure all those import car owners that owned an American make truck into their showrooms. The current generation wasn't cutting it.

Speaking as an import buyer (daily driver is a 2005 BMW 330i) the plastics by Fisher Price on my 2000 Sierra was a slight downside when I bought my truck new, but it was overshadowed by the rest of the truck. It's my snow vehicle. It hauls dirt, mulch, drywall, plywood, riding lawn mowers, car parts for my '68 Pontiac, snowblowers, and occasionally my Harley. While I'd like the interior of the new model to be better than the current model, I'd also like some of the interior durability to remain. And after having an '86 Mazda B2000 for my 1st pickup and a '94 GMC Sonoma as my 2nd, I personally wouldn't be cross shopping the Ridgeline against the Silverado/Sierra simply because once you'd had a fullsize pickup, it's difficult to go back to a smaller truck. The fullsize gets almost the same gas mileage as the small trucks, yet is a far more versatile package overall.

Much better looking than any Toyota or Nissan pickup! Can't wait to see it in the sheetmetal.

209427[/snapback]

I truly find the Titan more attractive than the new GM pickups.....and the upcoming Tundra even more so.

I do think that the GM'ers have the Titan beat in interior design and quality....but I happen to be a big fan of the new Tundra's interior.....

Again....I simply find the new GM trucks superbly-executed....but incredibly-bland in exterior styling.....and not even that "tough" looking.

After sitting in the Tahoe, I felt as much as GM had advanced, the competition did not stand still. Door panels felt loose not totally sealed right, the gaps seemed large where the roof pillars met the lower expanses of the interior, the pillars were not cloth instead cheap rubber, the seats were hard and unimpressive, the center stack was uninspired looked like a 5 year old dash yet again, the switchgear on the doors looked and felt impressive and solid, but the switchgear on the dash was underwhelming, this was the sat nav model, the HVAC controls were not bad, the actual dash was made up of really underwhelming materials that just felt hollow.

This all applies to the Sierra I sat in, except the seats were great this time. Most disappointing was yet again that big GM radio that is in every other GM car, that is just not very stylish or current. Compare it to like the Ridgeline radio design and it's a loser. Ridgeline materials are hard palstic, but the graining is much better than the 900s, and the dash feels solid. It has strength, it doesn't give when you push in making it feel like it can come apart. The plastic has good tactile feel, and if you push on it, it's a pleasing plastic material, but it doesn't feel like I can take it apart. the armrest has a great cloth material, the switchgear doesn't move around in its position, it stays solidly, what a revelation, [admittedly, Honda has some of the best interior materials, so we are comparing the top here, Toyota still has this problem of cheap feeling switchgear]. The switchgear has excellent damping and precision. It all LOOKS unique and modern and stylish in a Honda Ridgeline, the Sierra looked behind the times and bland. It looked high quality and elegant, but behind the times compared to the Ridgeline.

Go ahead and spend some quality time in each one. Then you can have real information to back your opinion up. [not referring to OC, to others]

208414[/snapback]

These IPs and dashboards are designed for clipboards and screwdrivers to be thrown on top of while construction workers and landscapers go about their day, not for pompous yuppies and auto critics to be fondling and abusing like Congressional pages! These are work trucks! For their intended, captive audience the base T-900 interiors work.

These IPs and dashboards are designed for clipboards and screwdrivers to be thrown on top of while construction workers and landscapers go about their day, not for pompous yuppies and auto critics to be fondling and abusing like Congressional pages! These are work trucks!  For their intended, captive audience the base T-900 interiors work.

209576[/snapback]

There is no debating this point. I would like for it to be better built if you are going to skimp on the art, though. It should have strength if those guys are gonna be putting tools up there, I'm not advocating hard plastic here, but plastic that won't budge or move around. I don't think the version I sat in, a $32k truck, was a work truck either, and it had the quad cab.

But, for the intended market, these will more than satisfy. And I admit I'm being unfair, because I really have not set them up against thier real competition, F-150 and Tundra, on the same day, apples to apples. I just thought, apples to apples, Ridgeline has a better made/designed interior, even though Sierra obviously has its own advantages over Ridgeline.

EDIT: Are you saying I'm one of those yuppies?:( :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by turbo200

These trucks are for workers and again I will say not for not for pompous yuppies and auto critics to be fondling and abusing like Congressional pages!

These trucks most likely will be used and operated by people that do not purchase them or own them, just operate them.

For the weekend Red Neck that still wants a pickup to tow the jet skis or someone that wants a more refined every day dual use pickup they have the option of purchasing the premium interior.

IMO - As someone who is critical of interiors, I have no problem with the premium interior used in the pickups and SUVs. If I was in the market for a pickup truck that is what I would select. The option is available for the more demanding customer.

Given that the current Ford F Series cost FMC a lot more (estimates I have seen are $2000) to build than the previous generation, currently they are not getting any bang for the buck given the recent collapse in the truck market and who their cliental is for the entry truck.

I highly doubt day laborers in southern California are caressing the IP top pad on their way out to the fields to pick avocados so that you can have guacamole with your Sunday brunch.

<<Sarcasm for emphasis>>

PS: A year ago last summer I was walking through the neighborhood and some day laborers were loading up lawn mowers and other landscaping equipment into a brand new $50k Lincoln MkLT after a hard days work. Than they drove it away...

Edited by evok

The Honda Ridgeline interior is the oddest, most alien truck interior on the market.

I would be very embarrassed to be seen driving a Ridgeline. What an unfunny joke on the poor yuppie.

And what's this... no second generation Ridgeline? Good riddance, I say. The sooner this abomination is returned to the earth as iron oxide, the better off our highways will be.

Edited by ocnblu

http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/20/news/compa...on=money_latest

Now for the avacado eaters out there, it seems GM is still thinking about their own unibody pickup.

"The Outlook is a move in that direction but Saturn will have to avoid stepping on the toes of other divisions. For her part, Lajdziak is showing admirable flexibility. Asked whether Saturn would ever get into the highly-profitable pickup truck business, she ruled out a fullsize model like those sold by Chevy and GMC but left open the possibility of a crossover pickup on a car platform like the Honda (Charts) Ridgeline."

Edited by evok

I would like to see some stats about how many people who drive pickups, or any type of truck, actually NEED them.

GM sells nearly a million pickups every year. How many do farmers and contractors or people who tow a boat actually buy them? Would it be as high as 50%? I would be surprised.

I would like to see some stats about how many people who drive pickups, or any type of truck, actually NEED them. 

GM sells nearly a million pickups every year.  How many do farmers and contractors or people who tow a boat actually buy them?  Would it be as high as 50%?  I would be surprised.

209713[/snapback]

There was a RL Polk study they conducted that I posted a link to (I believe) in a Tundra thread some time last winter if you care to search it out. I think I used the phrase pickup truck usage study or something along those lines.

But here are some of the results:

*While only 9% of Heavy Pickup owners have a farmer/agricultural occupation

(included in ‘Other’), this is significantly more than the lighter pickup owners.

*The highest percentage of Heavy Pickup owners have blue collar occupations.

*Heavy Pickup owners find ‘carrying heavier loads’ to be more important than the other lighter pickup owners.

*Heavy Pickup owners are significantly more likely than other pickup truck owners totow items such as trailers or campers – in fact, 60% of Light Pickup owners “Never” tow.

*Heavy Pickup owners also transport items in their beds and drive off-road

significantly more than Light Pickup owners.

*Business/commercial use increases with the weight of the truck. (35.7%)

In summary - the heavier the pickup truck the most likely it will be used for its intended purpose. It is not a majority but it is a high percentage according to this study.

...which may be interpreted, again, to mean that a lot of light pickup buyers choose them because of the comfortable, sweet-driving traditional American chassis layout that has become a distinct rarity in cars.

...which may be interpreted, again, to mean that a lot of light pickup buyers choose them because of the comfortable, sweet-driving traditional American chassis layout that has become a distinct rarity in cars.

209732[/snapback]

okay,....or they just buy them for the occasional flexibility they think they'll want to take advantage of for the trip home from Home De Pot. :blink::P

I would like to see some stats about how many people who drive pickups, or any type of truck, actually NEED them. GM sells nearly a million pickups every year.  How many do farmers and contractors or people who tow a boat actually buy them?  Would it be as high as 50%?  I would be surprised.

A recent AutoPacific survey of 5000 consumers revealed that of all pickup owners (includes compacts):

. used for towing - 54%

. getting to off-road sites - 31%

. real off-roading - 11%

If you look at just 1/2-ton trucks the towing numbers are higher, and 3/4-ton and above pick-ups towing useage is 85%!

Even agenda-driven surveys point to (at least occassional) towing useage in the low 60% range.

208083[/snapback]

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've seen both, sat in both. There is no comparison. The ridgeline is stupid looking and I totally disagree with the material quality of the GMC being inferior to honda. My experience in the new GMC couldn't have been more different than yours.

I've made this point before, and I'll say it again: a lot of this argument of whose interior is better really goes back to a domestic car bias versus import car bias.

I was raised on big, American cars. I look at the interior of most Japanese vehicles and I just don't like them. The Ridgeline included. The Avalon is another example. I can't quite put my finger on it, but Japanese interiors have a certain look and feel to them that I don't like. This opinion was formed in a friend's '91 Accord and has never changed.

Those who were raised with Japanese cars in their families, or became import humpers all by themselves, will swear up and down that the interior of the Kia Rio is better than the CTS.