Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Saw the new Silverado and test drove it.

My Dad was looking at a Ridgeline for a while and I have sat in both the Ridgeline and the GM trucks, and found no real difference in material quality.

I'm not very biased against Honda and I do like some of their products.

I do know it was a massive improvement against the GMT-800's, that's a given, but now, the difference is minimal at best.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've seen both, sat in both.  There is no comparison.  The ridgeline is stupid looking and I totally disagree with the material quality of the GMC being inferior to honda.  My experience in the new GMC couldn't have been more different than yours.

211672[/snapback]

First, I was comparing the 30k Sierra interior to the 30k Honda interior. You've got the right Honda interior, but not the right GMC interior. This GMC interior is the upline upline interior. As evok stated, those that want a more premium interior can elect to buy that one. Second, this interior photographs well, especially with the navi, but has some quality issues in person and some of the materials are cheesy. GTO interior is one of the few I've ever been completely happy with; it just feels better build than NAGM itneriors and doesn't sacrifice cost for cheesy looking alluminum trim, like the 900s do.

I agree with captainbooyah that there is a minimal difference, there is, however, a tangible difference [in the most expensive versions, the lower line Sierra interior is the one I was referenceing above].

I agree with captainbooyah that there is a minimal difference, there is, however, a tangible difference [in the most expensive versions, the lower line Sierra interior is the one I was referenceing above].

211779[/snapback]

That's the only thing I'm not too sure on. I have not had a chance to actually "see" the lower line models of the GM's. I have seen and felt the Ridgeline's lower and top line models, and the quality is the same on both models.

I will give GM the benefit of the doubt until then. I know the materials on the W/T likely won't be on par with the Ridgeline's lowest model, but at least the dash is made well, is functional and looks pretty good.

I feel the T900 trucks do have better interiors than the comparable F-150 models:

Posted Image

vs

Posted Image

Posted Image

vs

Posted Image

After having driven some used F-150s at work, I can say that there's nothing too special about the interior on your average F-150. The top model is pretty nice, but your run-of-the-mill one is nothing to brag about.

BTW, that white Silvy looks surprisingly nice.