Super Corvette Report

NOS2006

:blink:

Wow... these are insane numbers... I hope Top Gear is back to review it when it comes out so I can see what they pick on  :AH-HA_wink:

207712[/snapback]

which leads to my 2 concerns.

1. interior - let's hope that they have a major upgrade on materials etc to rival the world's best

2. driveability - let's hope that it is improved over the Z06, not that I've driven one, but the common theme across the board is with driveability/feedback of the car as you push it at 10/10ths around a track.

1. interior - let's hope that they have a major upgrade on materials etc to rival the world's best

2. driveability - let's hope that it is improved over the Z06, not that I've driven one, but the common theme across the board is with driveability/feedback of the car as you push it at 10/10ths around a track.

207794[/snapback]

:withstupid:

Yeah, I hear it gets skittish at the limit.

It engages the suspension changes at 140mph, and at 190mph it travels through time.

60mph at 2.5 seconds means highway onramps become an unnecessary commodity.

207641[/snapback]

Everyone knows that time travel is initiated at 88mph! Unless they're not using a flux capacitor and opted for cheaper technology, which might require the higher speed.

207794[/snapback]

I have to admit, I was a bit upset when they moved the center stack a bit by jiggling it in their video review of the C6. Although the interior of the C6 is nice, it's quality just wasn't there.

Hyper6, sounds like the roadster that Troy Trapenier built??

If it is AWD you can throw that 2900lb mark out the window. That too is the only way I could see 2.5, and even that is iffy. The McLaren F1 supercar has similar power and weight and ran 0-60 in 3.2 sec with a 1/4 mile time of 11.1. I just don't see how an additional 150hp on the vette can make it drop in the 10 second bracket in the 1/4 completely stock.

However if it is AWD, the one "suprise" at 140 may be the front drivetrain disengages to allow for 2wd over that speed, kinda like the Nissan Skyline does. However the Nissan does it at 80mph, and 140 sound kinda high to have something like that occur.

If I can get ahold of my souce I will be able to give some more accurate info.

207701[/snapback]

It is the same car but Rad Rods by Troy only rebuilt the car. Troy fixed Mark Steilow the GM Suspension engineer started this car and it has had several builders involved after he left us to go back to GM. This car did and still had some teething pains.

Troy added the Auto tranny, We drove it around Reno Hot August nights 2 years ago and it was still potent but not like the original 5 Speed Mark had installed. It would flex the titainium front drivshaft to the point it wanted to knock off the oil filter.

I get the feeling with Roush now saying 700 HP is possible with the new Supercharged Mustang they are offering I wonder if GM may go for the 700 HP number? I had heard they had done it a while back in testing but figured the production engine would be cut back intop the 600+ range.

Just will have to wait and see.

Ah, saw Mark at the Woodward dreamcruise this year with his newest build, a white '69 Camaro with a LS7, coil over front, 4 link rear and all those other goodies.

What is it that you do for work? Obviously car related. I'm building a Pro-Touring '68 Camaro right now.

I had heard they had done it [700 HP] a while back in testing but figured the production engine would be cut back intop the 600+ range.

207872[/snapback]

I, too, heard they had a high HP number and were just going to cut it to around 650 HP, making it easy to mod the engine to a lot more HP. However, the amount I heard was a little higher than 700.

Ah, saw Mark at the Woodward dreamcruise this year with his newest build, a white '69 Camaro with a LS7, coil over front, 4 link rear and all those other goodies.

What is it that you do for work? Obviously car related. I'm building a Pro-Touring '68 Camaro right now.

207880[/snapback]

You have to love Marks Camaro's! He had his original white 69 when he worked for us and then he built his red 68 before he left. He drove them to work daily.

I also had hear a 700+ number but it was a dyno number and never expected it for production.

Now with others going large on HP too, we may not see it at intro but I wonder how long till we see a 700+ number out of GM?

I get the feeling the 505 HP Z06 that shocked us was only a first shot of high factory power we have never seen before in domestic cars. It will be limited availability but available none the less.

The future looks amazing and fun. I can't wait to see what we end up with.

You have to love Marks Camaro's! He had his original white 69 when he worked for us and then he built his red 68 before he left. He drove them to work daily.

I also had hear a 700+ number but it was a dyno number and never expected it for production.

Now with others going large on HP too, we may not see it at intro but I wonder how long till we see a  700+ number out of GM? 

I get the feeling the 505 HP Z06 that shocked us was only a first shot of high factory power we have never seen before in domestic cars. It will be limited availability but available none the less.

The future looks amazing and fun. I can't wait to see what we end up with.

208094[/snapback]

Yeah, looks like 2008-201x are going to be like the Muscle Car wars of the old days.. but with much better technology, power, and imports...

The Lingenfelter TT 427 was also a fully streetable car. I believe they used drag radials in the rear.

I'm curious about this "something special" that happens at 140 and 190. I'd assume it has to do with suspension/aerodynamic adjustments to compensate for the forces acting upon the car at those speeds. Either that or that's where 5th and 6th start in and you can still leave a trail of rubber at those speeds... :P

207363[/snapback]

i'm going to say...

either something special would imply... the front starts to lift... from torque of a new gear...

or it has some sort of adjustable spoiler similar to porsches...

but i'm really assuming that yea it burns rubber as it shifts its gears...

2.5 0-60... thats pretty spectacular... but even the ZL1 camaro concept (770 hp)had a 2.9 0-60 times if i recall...

but keep in mind... GM is the leader in traction technology... so i wouldnt put it past them to put it into motion... literally and figuratively of course...

and who is to say... gm is going to sell a 650+ hp car on basic tires... im sure they wont be the cheapest thing on the car...

As I go by Goodyears tech center and test track on my way to work everyday I look for sign of any interesting test vehicles.

So far no Vette's have been seen but I suspect they have a special tire just for this car and it won't be a Eagle EMT!

What I do see though is a few striking NASCAR tire builders freezing their a$$ off right now.

Edited by hyperv6

I don't understand why chevy wouldn't just super and/or turbocharge the 7.0L or the 572 from the summer project chevelle. maybe they weigh to much, but shouldn't the extra power from the turbo or the supercharger compensate? I would appreciate it if someone could explain why this wouldn't be the path GM would take.

I'm so confused... :unsure::(:blink:

I think the LS7's cylinder walls are too thin for supercharging, or at least not without some significant modification. The 572 is way too big; it weighs a lot I'm guessing and I am pretty sure it would require them to modify the hood.

209826[/snapback]

Did Lingenfelter modify the engine at all to accommodate the TT set-up?

Well, yeah, I'm sure they have a new cam and heads in there for all that power. I'm just curious if anybody knows if they modified the block? The engine walls are really thin, I'm shocked they can run that type of number out of it with twin turbos.