Proof young people sure must hate Buicks...

Flybrian

Posted Image

2001 LeSabre Limited

Posted Image

2002 LeSabre Limited

Posted Image

2005 LaCrosse CXS

Posted Image

2006 LaCrosse CXL

Posted Image

2005 LaCrosse CXL

Posted Image

2005 LaCrosse CXL

Posted Image

2006 Rendezvous CX

Posted Image

2006 Rainier CXL

Posted Image

2004 Park Avenue Ultra

Reading through their pages, I was somewhat surprised to learn that many of these cars were purchased new. Think about it. Younger people (under 30) purchasing new Buicks and spending more money customizing them.

This makes me especially anxious to see how these eleven SEMA Lucernes will look. Imagine if Buick could reinforce their image as purveyors of old-school iron scrappers, at least when it comes to customization. I don't think that would be a bad thing at all.

That Rendezvous looks hilarious.

I've seen some blinged out Buicks, but most have been driven by people around 40, and I'm not being racist, but I've only seen black people in them. I guess you could call 40 young compared to the average buyer age.

207570[/snapback]

Same here.

That Rendezvous looks hilarious.

I've seen some blinged out Buicks, but most have been driven by people around 40, and I'm not being racist, but I've only seen black people in them. I guess you could call 40 young compared to the average buyer age.

207570[/snapback]

My brother is 20 and white and he has done more than most of those pictures to his Buick. They're out there.

Sweet! Some of those look awesome...

Lots of people hate on the whole "Dub culture" but I actually like a lot of them... Lots of them are very original and way more tasteful than the stupid Civic mod obsession a few years back where EVERYBODY did the same thing...

And hey, if it gets young people into Buicks and Chevys it cant be bad.

I don't care if they are black, white, or yellow they are young and thats better than a bunch of 80 year old white people that won't be buying cars anymore soon.

Edited by Whistler

I never understood why everyone seems to think that young people hate Buicks.

I'm 19 and I love them, as do many of my friends, although I might favor them, at least a little bit, due to the fact that I was born and live near Flint.

If I had any money, you better believe I'd be down at the Buick dealer buying a Lucerne.

The only problem I have with Buick is that they're no longer built here in Flint. We still build the 3800s, but lucky for us, they're closing that plant down too.

But...uh...yeah, GM? Us Flint natives sure were proud of the fact that Flint was the home of Buick. How about giving us a little bit of that pride back? Word 'round here is that there's a bigass vacant lot up on Hamilton Avenue...could be a good place to build a plant.

Young people of the 80's and 90's, who are over 40 today, still have the old images of WW2 era folks driving an '82 X Body Skylark 45 MPH on the hiway. Also, they still think the boxy A body is still made.

But that is all changed now. Should promote the newer cars more and less 'brand management' type ads.

Edited by Chicagoland

They shouldn't even be allowed to install such huge tires and rims on cars. Not only does it totally throw off the speedometers but it totally alters the ride and handling of the said vehicle, often requires altering the wheel wells and many places like Pep Boys refuse to even work on them and will only install factory spec tire sizes. What an eye sore!

Young people of the 80's and 90's, who are over 40 today, still have the old images of WW2 era folks driving an '82 X Body Skylark 45 MPH on the hiway. Also, they still think the boxy A body is still made.

But that is all changed now. Should promote the newer cars more and less 'brand management' type ads.

208622[/snapback]

I was a teenager of the '80s (36 now) and have a postive image of Buick due to 2 words: Grand National. It was a very cool Buick when I was young..as far as the vintage Buicks, I remember being fascinated as a kid by cars like the '63 Riviera, '71 Riviera, and '70s Centurion/LeSabre convertibles..still think those are neat today..

Edited by moltar

Those of us who were "young" in the 80s (I am 45) are old enough to remember that EVERYBODY built crap in the'80s, yet we are young enough to remember the great cars of the '60s and early '70s when American cars ruled the road.

Untill I saw the 21's on the Enclave, I can't say that I've ever really liked big wheels. The Enclave's wheels are "perfect". With that said, almost anything else with those giant wheels looks stupid to me....

No Buick "deserves" to have those big ass wheels on them (except maybe the already ridiculous looking Rendevous), but ya know, to each his own. Cadillacs don't deserve it either, but I've seen much worse on them. When you buy a car, do whatever you want to it. I'm for that. Even when it looks stupid as hell.

They say that your car says a lot about you. You have a car that looks retarded....that's giving the rest of us out there a little heads up about the guy behind the wheel :wink:

Reading through their pages, I was somewhat surprised to learn that many of these cars were purchased new. Think about it. Younger people (under 30) purchasing new Buicks and spending more money customizing them.

207555[/snapback]

....and just how do we know that people under 30 purchased these cars....?

Look guys, its times like these Im ashamed to be part of the "C&G" crowd....... :rolleyes:

The point of the topic was to show that there are people out there that love thier Buicks and jazz em up to their liking. Not whether or not YOU would do it or like it. Anyhow compared to base model Buicks with caps or the very lame factory alloys these B U I C K S - ROCK :metal: Geeze guys, Im mostly the oldest redneckiest here and Im OK with these cars. I know these guys are out there, I have been going to Buick websites for 7 years now, young guys and girls that get Buicks somehow become immeadiately taken by them. The PA has been highly desirable, there was little else made that was like it in the 90's.

I have no idea what this......... " still have the old images of WW2 era folks driving an '82 X Body Skylark 45 MPH on the hiway. Also, they still think the boxy A body is still made."....... is all about, somehow its got me wonder if I was slipped something in a drink back in the day and forgot things...........but anyhow thanks for telling me what "we remember".......... I remember A body Skylarks, Boattail Rivieras and Electra hardtops driven by the people that were doing alright. That X body crap is the stuff we have blocked out........by slipping stuff into each others drinks.......it was called.......X-OUT.......... :lol:

"EVERYBODY built crap in the'80s"

maybe "some crap" but not all crap and Buick built some damn great cars in the 80's I still own one of them. 86 2dr. LeSabre Limited.........FWD, plush red velvet velour pillow interior, softness galour, EFI computerized V6/4sp overdrive tranny.....great car, was then and still is.

This thing with Buick is a matter of "if you dont understand it or get it, shut up, your the one missing out"

so buy a B U I C K and get :gitfunky:

Sweet! Some of those look awesome...

Lots of people hate on the whole "Dub culture" but I actually like a lot of them... Lots of them are very original and way more tasteful than the stupid Civic mod obsession a few years back where EVERYBODY did the same thing...

And hey, if it gets young people into Buicks and Chevys it cant be bad.

I don't care if they are black, white, or yellow they are young and thats better than a bunch of 80 year old white people that won't be buying cars anymore soon.

207972[/snapback]

I can't believe you can call adding 20+ inch chrome rims original...Original would mean you actually did some different and unique(you know, never done before).

Maybe original in that I may not have seen the exact same chrome rim on 2 different cars, but its still a big chrome rim.

Not to mention the larger the wheel, the higher off the ground your 4x4...er I mean Buick...is!

Edited by CreativeVision

I can't believe you can call adding 20+ inch chrome rims original...Original would mean you actually did some different and unique(you know, never done before).

Maybe original in that I may not have seen the exact same chrome rim on 2 different cars, but its still a big chrome rim.

Not to mention the larger the wheel, the higher off the ground your 4x4...er I mean Buick...is!

211938[/snapback]

Once again let me just say

Look guys, its times like these Im ashamed to be part of the "C&G" crowd.......  :rolleyes:

For starters as a rule the larger wheel recieves a very low profile tire which in the end gives same overall diameter

Then your ideas of origional, meaning something never seen, implies that you believe any customizing or modifications that are not a unique artistic statement are unworthy of any givin owners satisfaction.

all that and "higher off the ground" in the same post brings a courious quandary :scratchchin: