Uh Oh... I've Done It Now

Cory Wolfe

Posted Image

Notice anything? :P

I've decided to stick a bumper sticker on my Milly. It's unique in that I made it myself. Course, it's an actual bumper sticker, I just had no way of purchasing one like it. So I went into one of my photo editing programs, changed it from black to as close to my Milly's color as I could. Then I printed it out, water proofed it with clear tape, bought some double sided tape, and stuck it my bumper. It's a bit outdated, but atleast it'll get the message across without being obvious like a rainbow sticker or such. I just had to do something to combat the BS I've seen, heard of, and had to deal with in this town.

Be careful, you've made yourself a target. Every Dodge Ram Quad Cab HEMI driver is gonna want to ram your bumper...hard. Oh wait....never mind.

:P

Hahaha... You guys. :P

The GA is still around?

207919[/snapback]

Yeppers. Don't know for what, but we still have it. Still runs, amazingly, but sounds like $h!.

Ahem, you forgot to blur out your license number.

207922[/snapback]

I never do that with C&G. I don't think you guys are evil enough to take advantage of it. :D

You have a pinstripe?

207926[/snapback]

That it does. Not a fan of it, but it's not worth removing since it'll be noticeable and I need a new paintjob anyways.

Dude. You can buy printable bumper sticker sheets at Staples or Office Depot...

208188[/snapback]

I live in Brookville, remember? I don't even know of any of either stores around here. I know Brookville doesnt have them. As much as I'm in Dubois, I've never seen any there either. So yeah, the two closest towns don't have them. Plus, making my own is fun... it's not like I printed it on regular printer paper either, printed it on photo quality paper. :P

I live in Brookville, remember? I don't even know of any of either stores around here. I know Brookville doesnt have them. As much as I'm in Dubois, I've never seen any there either. So yeah, the two closest towns don't have them. Plus, making my own is fun... it's not like I printed it on regular printer paper either, printed it on photo quality paper. :P

208209[/snapback]

Staples in Micheal Jackson's favorite town

Hey wait a second, weren't you the one who was complaining that your mother was getting made fun of at work because of your being gay...

...and now you're going to drive with a pro-gay bumper sticker?...

You make the place out to be a redneck, one horse town, and I'm sure it is, but posting a sticker like can just make you more of a target.

First off, it doesn't sound like the good people of Brookville would even get it.

208262[/snapback]

I think even the most slackjawed yokel will pick up on it because it has the word "Gay" on it.

You're digging yourself in with this one BV... chances are, nothing is going to happen... but something might, and the outcome can be worse than a trip to Maaco...

That was... not a very nice post, Razor.

Anywho, Booyah, Yeah... I know that, but the chances of something actually happening are slim. I may speak poorly of the people who live here at times, but one thing they're good at is not vandalizing things. The crime rate in Brookville is low. It happens, but getting my car vandalized is the least of my worries. And besides... if I get "FAG" or whatnot keyed into my paint... I need a new paint job anyways and my dad can paint cars. Perfect trade off. :P

actually it was something to think about.

as for concerns about rudeness, and BV in the same sentence, doesnt really fit. It can be taken for what it was or misintrepret it into something far larger as you have done.

I could have done the

"this is a pointless thread" as we sometimes see, or said "boy that is kinda stupid" or "your looking for trouble" but I choose this method for its message

No, Razor, coming from me... It was rude and I did not appreciate it, what so ever. If you think my thread is pointless, don't post at all, or atleast make some sort of a productive comment. For someone who talked about a lack of respect in another thread... Here is that someone showing just that lack of respect that he talked about. I'd be surprised, but you've never given me any respect in the first place for whatever reason.

actually it was something to think about.

as for concerns about rudeness, and BV in the same sentence, doesnt really fit. It can be taken for what it was or misintrepret it into something far larger as you have done.

I could have done the

"this is a pointless thread" as we sometimes see, or said "boy that is kinda stupid" or "your looking for trouble" but I choose this method for its message

208891[/snapback]

I've misinterpreted/blown out of proportion nothing.

It was rude. It's your approach that lacks.

Edited by CD/BP

Obviously there are some differeing opinions on this, but the bottom line is that it's BV's car and he can do whatever he wants to it. If there are consequences to him putting a pro-gay sticker on his car, it's his cross to bear and he knows that. It's one thing to joke around with him, but calling him names does nothing for the situation.

My gut instinct was to lock the thread, but I'm gonna leave it open in the hopes that the disagreeing factions find a way to step back and RESPECT each other's viewpoints.

I made a very good point. As for how rude it was.......one can only look at comments thrown at me by those crying rude and wonder what the rules are for this double standard. I really do think I made a very good honest evaluation, that has a few messages in it, that should create some concern. But rather then taking a look at it...........what the hell, shoot the messenger. I also think on a scale of 1-10 it was a 7 for cleverness, it has seemed to gotten more attention then the carefully danced around numbers........ :AH-HA_wink:

BV dont give me that " It was rude and I did not appreciate it, what so ever." If I had done that everytime you went off on me.....I would still not be recovered. Read it for what its worth and maybe something will click as to its meaning. The reality of the world is soon to be upon you, its a rough harsh place. That comment was gradeschool in the "rude" department out here in the big bad world and comming from me that was, nothing more than tuff luv.

I made a very good point. As for how rude it was.......one can only look at comments thrown at me by those crying rude and wonder what the rules are for this double standard. I really do think I made a very good honest evaluation, that has a few messages in it, that should create some concern. But rather then taking a look at it...........what the hell, shoot the messenger. I also think on a scale of 1-10 it was a 7 for cleverness, it has seemed to gotten more attention then the carefully danced around numbers........ :AH-HA_wink:

BV dont give me that " It was rude and I did not appreciate it, what so ever." If I had done that everytime you went off on me.....I would still not be recovered. Read it for what its worth and maybe something will click as to its meaning. The reality of the world is soon to be upon you, its a rough harsh place. That comment was gradeschool in the "rude" department out here in the big bad world and comming from me that was, nothing more than tuff luv.

209189[/snapback]

Well, I can't speak for your intentions, but it sounds like there's a stark disconnect between what you meant to say, how you conveyed it, and how it was interpreted. Words on a computer screen have no emotion, so extra care should be taken when writing them because it's very easy for someone to take them the wrong way.

*Rereads razor's comment*

Ok well, while the first part of the original post was a joke that could be laughed at, the 2nd is somewhat out of line, especially since you know he's having issues in that cituation.

Why be so stubbon and why not just apolgize rather than trying to justfiy it in some philosophical way?

--

BTW, what's the sticker say anyway? Maybe I can't make it out cuz my monitor's not the sharpest at 1280x1024 (hope to get a new one soon), but it's too blurry for me to make out.

See, I'd never put a bumper sticker like that on my car--my students rag on me enough that I drive an ol' rusted Buick.

I think by the end of the year I'll convince them that new Buick's aren't so bad. It'll be one of those little extra things I throw into the curriculum, like the added vocabulary I'm giving them in the weather section we just started learning :lol:

Why be so stubbon and why not just apolgize rather than trying to justfiy it in some philosophical way?

209214[/snapback]

I have nothing to apoligize for. His mother is getting grief and he still wants to gather attention........its a very simple message.....one of them....get over it already

Apoligies - Ive never recieved a single apoligy on this site and have endured $h! that would have the rest of you on your knees crying for hours (by this account), I would also not accept or desire an apoligy for the stuff I have been called and refered to........geeze.......tuffen up already.

Well, I can't speak for your intentions, but it sounds like there's a stark disconnect between what you meant to say, how you conveyed it, and how it was interpreted. Words on a computer screen have no emotion, so extra care should be taken when writing them because it's very easy for someone to take them the wrong way.

209207[/snapback]

Exactly. Thank you, again, Z.

*Rereads razor's comment*

Ok well, while the first part of the original post was a joke that could be laughed at, the 2nd is somewhat out of line, especially since you know he's having issues in that cituation.

--

BTW, what's the sticker say anyway? Maybe I can't make it out cuz my monitor's not the sharpest at 1280x1024 (hope to get a new one soon), but it's too blurry for me to make out.

209214[/snapback]

Exactly, as well.

209189[/snapback]

I have nothing to apoligize for. His mother is getting grief and he still wants to gather attention........its a very simple message.....one of them....get over it already

Apoligies - Ive never recieved a single apoligy on this site and have endured $h! that would have the rest of you on your knees crying for hours (by this account), I would also not accept or desire an apoligy for the stuff I have been called and refered to........geeze.......tuffen up already.

209237[/snapback]

All I have to say to you is that, for anytime I've ever gone off at you, was because of comments you made towards me. Razor, whether you care to realize it or not, but you've never given me any respect and you've never given me a break, even amidst me giving you a break. I've tried to see your points in many things, yet all I get in return is the same old $h!. Don't even begin to try to blame this on me. You simply went too far with your comments, on a subject you do not know enough about to accurately judge. You do not live in Brookville. You do not know the situation. You do not know me. You do not know my mother. Therefore, you do not try to ridicule me or my actions on a subject that I'm quite passionate about. It was rude. It was unacceptable. Why are you the only one to not see that? Remember that saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

209214[/snapback]

Watch out! It's centered! ->

THE MARRIAGE AMENDMENT

is Gay

Edit: fixed.

Edited by aaaantoine

Now that was funny!!! LOL :yes: