Sign in to follow this  
Variance

TCC Test: 2007 Ford Edge

11 posts in this topic

Variance    0

TCC Test: 2007 Ford Edge

Posted Image

Is the Edge alone going to save Ford? We won't go that far, but it got us thinking more positive about the brand. If it signals the new product direction at Ford - good-looking vehicles that perform well - it might just be enough.

Read "Ford builds a bridge between the Country Squire and Mustang." @ The Car Connection

Intrepidation    846

Their complaints are bogus, though. No manumatic? Who cares? Soft ride? Its not supposed to be a sports car.

208877[/snapback]

I agree, most of the people who buy this could care less about a manual mode, especially if the tranny is good.

regfootball    234

my bit- i would love the Manumatic, but for this type of vehicle, it's probably not make or break. I like true manuals. Since this is a 6 speed, a manumatic would be useful actually.

The biggest flaws on this vehicle are its slightly porky and the center stack is beyond dismal. otherwise.....

The vehicle will sell huge. Regardless of reviews. Ext. styling is dead on. Everything else is done just well enough for it to be huge, as long as the dealers don't attempt to gouge.

I like how they offer a vista roof but I owuld like it if they just offered a plain moonroof that would allow a rear seats video also.

Edited by regfootball

Northstar    11

Ok, so now Ford has produced one vehicle other than the Mustang and F-150 that is apparantly very competitive. Are 4 very competitive models possible or is that too hard for Ford? We shall see...

FUTURE_OF_GM    26

You can tell by the title that the article will be biased.

You can tell the Edge is VERY COMPETITIVE because just like the more recent very competitive domestics before it the media is trying to kill it before it hits the line... Negative momentum; like with the new Escalade, HHR, etc.

FAPTurbo    1,073

I was going to buy quite a few shares in Ford... and I might buy a few more now!

sciguy_0504    0

You can tell by the title that the article will be biased.

You can tell the Edge is VERY COMPETITIVE because just like the more recent very competitive domestics before it the media is trying to kill it before it hits the line... Negative momentum; like with the new Escalade, HHR, etc.

209988[/snapback]

So did you read the article or just the title?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this