Sign in to follow this  
regfootball

Used values of Crown Vics / Grand Marquis

06 Mercury Gr Marquis LS 9,000 miles, Silver, Auto transmission, 8 cyl, door, airbags, Pwr Seat,Pwr Windows,Pwr Locks,A/C,Cruise,CD,Leather,Security System,Alloys,Traction Control, 3yr/36,000 Warranty, Service Date: 03/08/06, Retail Price: 19,050, Selling Price: 14,900.00

Comments: Original sticker price $30,840. 25 Hwy MPG, full size sedan. 4.6 l, 224 HP V8. Leather, CD, keyless entry. xxxx Auto guarantees all our vehicles are accident free and CARFAX CERTIFIED. We also provide 2 keys, manuals and floor mats with every vehicle.

one

two

one- it goes to show you how cheap you can get a CV/GM

two- it is one example of how cheap the RWD cars get in the snow climates like here, cause no one wants them...even for this cheap

three-this is still a good deal. might be worthy of a buy as a summer car if you had a winter beater.

Edited by regfootball

Actually, those make great winter cars... if you know how to drive. Friend of mine with a Crown Vic picked up 5 snow-stranded drivers last winter in the same trip - all with FWD cars that ended up in the ditch. One of them started rambling about how it was good that my friend's car was FWD, until he was corrected when my friend purposely broke the back end loose just a bit to prove him wrong. :D I've also driven these cars in snow, and had no trouble.

Its just like traction control, abs, airbags, stability control, etc, if you add safety to a car, it reduces the driver's needed ability, which is why no one really "drives" a car anymore, they just drive it. With proper training, you can drive any vehicle, fwd, rwd, awd, 4wd, in any condition and be just as safe as those who tout fwd, awd, and 4wd are the best ideas since sliced bread when it comes to snowy conditons.

Its just like traction control, abs, airbags, stability control, etc, if you add safety to a car, it reduces the driver's needed ability, which is why no one really "drives" a car anymore, they just drive it.  With proper training, you can drive any vehicle, fwd, rwd, awd, 4wd, in any condition and be just as safe as those who tout fwd, awd, and 4wd are the best ideas since sliced bread when it comes to snowy conditons.

209360[/snapback]

you are so correct. today's drivers base their ability on 2 things. 1- have i had any accidents? 2- have i had any tickets recently? if they answer no on both, most bozos think they are a good driver. now, put them in a situation where they actually need skills, and it's time for a tow truck.

It's fun to watch those Taxis spin out in the winter...those f@#ktards can't drive for $h!. I saw a cop spin out too...that tells you something.

I gotta agree that while the safety features of newer cars are nice, they don't make drivers any better...I would say worse. Makes me kinda happy none of our cars have any of these features (the Prizm is the only one with an airbag...on the driver's side). I'm also glad I learned manual...that takes skill to use ^_^

Lots of the 'loyal fans' of Panthers buy them used. Then, complain about production cuts, cost cuts, and the decline of the car sales.

209413[/snapback]

This phenonmenon is common amongst any heavily fleeted vehicle. You can pick up former rental units for almost 50% off MSRP at auction. It's the price of forced overproduction & simple supply & demand economics.

It's fun to watch those Taxis spin out in the winter...those f@#ktards can't drive for $h!. I saw a cop spin out too...that tells you something.

209397[/snapback]

Actually, Police cars and Taxis use winter tires, those Crown Vics grip pretty well

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets