Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ideas for Quick Cash?

NOS2006

Maybe work a job on the side of your current one (providing you have a job already).

It's fall, be creative. I know raking leaves may sound cliche, but you can make a decent buck on weekends and it's great exercise...

My friend walked dogs around this time, and made pretty good money, and the colder weather and shorter daylight hours mean owners will find walking their dogs a bit of a bitch...

Play Everquest Online for like a 5000 hours and sell your character to some Korean on Ebay :lol:

You could see if you could get a job at the cafeteria or something part-time. I know someone who did that.

What car is this you're going to buy?

210553[/snapback]

What I'm looking at right now is a '98 GP GTP with 92k miles. Only problem is the guy won't go under $5200. He said it's got new wheels, new radiator, fresh transmission/coolant flush, and a few other things, but still.. $5200 is a little steep for me. I've got to check it out though...

Sell anything that someone would consider 'collectible' on ebay.  Also, think of books, clothes, and other products that you haven't used in the past year & consider selling.

210558[/snapback]

Yeah, I've already got a few hundred dollars worth of stuff I can sell on ebay...

You know what? Screw that guy's car. I can get the same car for cheaper if I wait, I'm sure of it.

And now I have two new choices instead of trying to buy a car then sell mine. These are the choices my parents gave me today:

• I can go out and lease a cheap car and then, when my mom's Durango is up in July she'll take over the payments and I can look for another car if I didn't want the car I had leased
  • I can put my car up for sale and hopefully it'll sell. If/when it sells, my dad will let me use his car until I'm able to buy myself one.
So, who knows what's going to happen. Only thing I know is that I have a car and a lot of extra parts to that car to be sold...

Good idea. That GP would have to be in pristine condition to even consider it, and a car that old probably isn't. Depending on the mileage, I don't think I'd give the guy more than $3500.

So, why the decision to part with the Camaro?

Well, I need a winter car and I'm not willing to drive the Camaro in the winter. If/when I get a co-op, I'll need to KNOW I can make it to work in the snow and, with the Camaro, I'm not even guaranteed that I'll make it out of my driveway.

So, it was that plus the point that GTPs are fricking awesome. But, I'm keeping my eyes open now and it's not guaranteed I'll get a GTP, but who knows. I just want a used pocket rocket unless someone offers me a lot for my car (6-7k) and I might think about a Cobalt SS again, but who knows.

Hmm....might I suggest a Getrag-equipped Cavalier Z24? I'm sure you can get one of those for whatever you've got in your pocket and keep the Camaro. If you're lucky enough to find one from 2002, it'll have the Ecotec in it, and not have the ugly as sin schnoz on it.

What is Getrag?

210610[/snapback]

Getrag is a transmission company.

The interior sucks ass though.

Might I suggest a Shadow ES 2.2 Turbo with the 5-speed? It's a lotta power for a little car :AH-HA_wink: And the interior is way nicer than the Cavalier...also I can attest that they are good in the snow. Also they aren't too pricy these days, so you could keep the Camaro.

Edited by Dodgefan

Do you really need a car? I don't have a car on campus and I'm sure UI's is probably at least 5x as big as Kettering's. Or are you saying if you get a co-op you'll need a car?

I say first you should see if you end up needing a car, then if you do buy something real cheap and don't worry about how fast/cool it is. Who cares if you have a "pocket rocket" if you're going to be driving in the snow and bad weather all the time?

I don't mean that I need a car on campus, but I need a reliable car for the winter. And my parents and I figured it out that getting a newer, known-to-be-reliable car that it will be a better, cheaper choice than to keep the Camaro and get a J-body or something.

"You could whore yourself out to a hundred fat chicks for 50 bucks. Or 50 really fat chicks for a hundred bucks!"

210566[/snapback]

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You beat me to it...

"What?! Fat Chicks Need Love Too...............

............But They Gotta Pay!"