Your morning drink

What is your drink of choice in the morning?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What is your drink of choice in the morning?

• Coffee, the regular "house stuff"
    • Coffee type blended drink with espresso or more expensive coffee
    • Tea
    • Milk
    • Juice
    • Some combination (other - describe)
    • Other, altogether

I just got back from Quebec. Went to "Second Cup" every morning and did my to do lists and written chores while drinking some good cups of tea. I like the Earl Grey flavor. The basic breakfast blend is good too. I absolutely detest herbal teas. Drinking a hot beverage to start off a cool morning in Montreal was great!

At a more formal breakfast, I may get both the orange juice and the tea. I don't drink much coffee, though.

What's your morning drink of choice?

Edited by trinacriabob

Shortly after I quit smoking, 6 years ago, little by little coffee started tasting like something I have never tasted but can only imagine. Shortly thereafter this Mr. Toughguy started drinking................gasp....................Hot Chocolate, yep I drink box after box of Swiss Miss, year round.

Big opportunity here fellas.................... :lol:

I also drink lots of milk, always have. Over half a gallon a day, back when I was really working nearly a gallon.

Other. Water. I drink so much water during the day it's ridiculous.

Occasionally I'll have OJ or coffee in the morning, but it's rare. Maybe decaf tea at night.

What's wrong with milk? Not being accusatory, just curious why you don't want to drink it.

210654[/snapback]

If you saw my beltline, compared to 8 years ago you would understand. I did stop drinking milk for a few years because of the fat. The taste of 2% makes me ill. Honest truth was that my finger nails became thin and weak, made me wonder what was going on with my bones. So I started drinking milk again, sure enough good hard normal fingernails again. But Ive hammered on 10-15 lbs. Paulie has the right idea with water, I can only do ice water in the summer though.

OJ with lots of pulp, and soy-milk

210674[/snapback]

Gee, I'd have never known you were from Los Angeles. :P

210684[/snapback]

Why... the soy milk? There's a good reason behind that. I came to the realization that I am lactose intolerant, so I started to drink lactose free (or what I like to call "fart-free") milk. The transition to soy-milk was because that's what my mom buys instead of lactose-free, so it's what I would drink when I go there on the weekends.

Gee, I'd have never known you were from Los Angeles. :P

210684[/snapback]

Why... the soy milk? There's a good reason behind that. I came to the realization that I am lactose intolerant, so I started to drink lactose free (or what I like to call "fart-free") milk. The transition to soy-milk was because that's what my mom buys instead of lactose-free, so it's what I would drink when I go there on the weekends.

210692[/snapback]

quite a good reason. I've never actually had soy milk. Rice milk, yes though. Goes great with Rice Krispies as you'd imagine. Edited by Turbojett

chocolate milk... made with real milk... vitamin D whole milk...no water in my milk thanks

but if im at a restaurant i will often get a cup of coffe and a cup of grapefruit juice

04monte, you know the story of milk, right? Raw milk right out of the cow, if left to sit in the fridge, has fatty cream that separates and rises to the top of the bottle. To make skim milk, all the cream is "skimmed" off the top, taking the fat with it. Homogenization is a process where the cream is kept from separating, so you don't have to shake it to mix it together. 2%, etc., milk has a percentage of cream left in the milk. Skim milk is not made by adding water to whole milk.

OJ and coffee usually... I either brew coffee at home (Starbucks breakfast blend), get it free at work (we have pretty good coffee), or grab something from Starbucks (White Chocolate Mocha latte) or Einstein's Bagels euro roast on the way..

I like my coffee pretty pale..no sugar, and lots of creamer (Coffee Mate liquid hazenut or French vanilla at home or work, otherwise skim milk).

If I get my coffee at work, it sometimes takes 2-3 cups to get me going (I do coffee at work the days I come in early (before 7 am).

Diet Pepsi. :P

It's a terrible addiction. I tried to stop drinking it... Cold turkey, failed. Weening, failed. Substitution, failed. It's weird, too. I would have never thought Diet Pepsi would be addicting. It's ridiculous.

210704[/snapback]

That's somewhat disturbing...cuz to me, only Diet Sprite, Sunkist and maybe Dr. Pepper don't suck ass.

04monte, you know the story of milk, right?  Raw milk right out of the cow, if left to sit in the fridge, has fatty cream that separates and rises to the top of the bottle.  To make skim milk, all the cream is "skimmed" off the top, taking the fat with it.  Homogenization is a process where the cream is kept from separating, so you don't have to shake it to mix it together.  2%, etc., milk has a percentage of cream left in the milk.  Skim milk is not made by adding water to whole milk.

210742[/snapback]

oh yeah im aware... its just anything besides whole tastes like it has water in it to me... i know it doesnt actually have water... ive just been drinking whole milk all my life... and cant stand the taste of skim or 1% and i can barely tolerate 2%

When I was a kid, my grandfather milked Bessie every morning, a Guernsey cow. She was a gentle old girl. We put her milk through a strainer and stuck it in the fridge, had to shake it up to drink it. That stuff was rich.

Now, I'm the opposite. I drink skim, anything else tastes "thick" and a little disgusting.

Milk with Ovaltine, and a Medium Vanilla Iced Coffee Dunkin' Donuts when I get to school.

Lately I've been drinking coffee a lot. I will put creamer in it (Irish Cream or French Vanilla) if its cheap, nasty, weak coffee. But good coffee I can drink black. I interviewed at a hospital for a job that I didn't want (long story) and while I was waiting for the interviewer I was offered a cup of coffee, straight from the OR. That stuff was uber-strong and uber-good. After that I suddenly wanted the job, thats how good the coffee was.

Lately I've been drinking coffee a lot. I will put creamer in it (Irish Cream or French Vanilla) if its cheap, nasty, weak coffee.  But good coffee I can drink black.  I interviewed at a hospital for a job that I didn't want (long story) and while I was waiting for the interviewer I was offered a cup of coffee, straight from the OR.  That stuff was uber-strong and uber-good.  After that I suddenly wanted the job, thats how good the coffee was.

211196[/snapback]

They drugged it for you.

You know, with the way tonight has gone, I am really leaning towards a beer and a shot of whiskey this coming morning before bed.

I love the taste of coffee but it isn't the right thing for me during the weekday mornings. I drink most of my coffee between midnight and 2AM.

Milk. Usually from the cereal bowl. If not that i have water on the extremely rare ocasion or nothing at all. I never drink cofee because it tastes bad usually and i never drink juice beause of the friggen high sugar content (I'm a diabetic and it SUCKS), and, on a higher note: I pretty much never have a lot of time in the morning to get anything to drink. <_<