Dodge Challenger SS Concept

BrewSwillis

Posted Image

Chrysler's SEMA surprise: 392 HEMI Dodge Challenger Super Stock

While in the past automakers have always used SEMA to display the individual customizations that can be applied to their production vehicles, Dodge is doing something different this year. For what it claims to be the first time ever, the company has unveiled a concept vehicle that has been customized specifically for the SEMA show. Based on the Dodge Challenger Concept that debuted at the 2006 Detroit auto show, the Dodge Challenger Super Stock Concept is a one-off concept built to commemorate the original HEMI 392 engine, as well as showcase Mopar's new 392 HEMI crate engine. The new 392 can be ordered in one of three variations: a carbureted version that produces 540 horsepower and 490 ft-lbs. of torque, a EFI-version that makes 525 horsepower and 510 ft-lbs. of torque, and a long block version. While Chrysler's press release doesn't indicate which engine the Challenger SS Concept is using, our bet is on the carbureted version. We'll have more details along with lives shots of the car soon, but for now check out more high-resolution pics and Chrysler's press release after the jump.

For rest of story and pics: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/30/chrysle...er-super-stock/

Also a flash video posted on photobucket: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/redf...nt=CIMG1069.flv

Also some other SEMA pics on Allpar: http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84807

It looks HUGE without the huge wheels of the concept that made it look halfway-reasonably sized. It looks rather boring with just one line running down the side and the front is pretty average without those cool headlights.

210826[/snapback]

I agree, the larger wheels and cool headlights made it look so much better.

It looks HUGE without the huge wheels of the concept that made it look halfway-reasonably sized. It looks rather boring with just one line running down the side and the front is pretty average without those cool headlights.

210826[/snapback]

Uhhh....the headlights are the same except that the drag car's outer ring of the "halo" light is chrome instead of painted gray.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:lol:  You got the freight train part right though!!

I think they were going more for this look:

Posted Image

210902[/snapback]

That isn't a freight train. It is the American Freedom train of 1976. That engine pulled the prestigious Daylight Limited from the 30s to the 50s. It had the finest of woods, silver, stainless steel, and fabric.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

That isn't a freight train. It is the American Freedom train of  1976. That engine pulled the prestigious Daylight Limited from the 30s to the 50s. It had the finest of woods, silver, stainless steel, and fabric.

210904[/snapback]

But no rich Corinthian leather?

Well, then, Balthy... Thou shalt read my post again. I was being sarcastic. The only retro car I think is bland is the Challenger as I dully noted. It's pretty plain looking without the big wheels. It's a coincidence that it happens to be the most retro, to the point where it's almost a copy of the original. The Camaro, in itself, is radically styled enough to never be bland and is atleast original. The Mustang, too, just not as much so. And this is after it's been out for a while and we've seen the most basic versions.

But I am pretty twisted, even though I'm more open minded than the majority of people here. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Well, then, Balthy... Thou shalt read my post again. I was being sarcastic. The only retro car I think is bland is the Challenger as I dully noted. It's pretty plain looking without the big wheels. It's a coincidence that it happens to be the most retro, to the point where it's almost a copy of the original. The Camaro, in itself, is radically styled enough to never be bland and is atleast original. The Mustang, too, just not as much so. And this is after it's been out for a while and we've seen the most basic versions.

But I am pretty twisted, even though I'm more open minded than the majority of people here. :P

211221[/snapback]

I like the looks of the Challenger, but its nearly an exact copy of the origional. Guess thats why everyone can love it so much. Dodge took the easiest road with this car.

I like the looks of the Challenger, but its nearly an exact copy of the origional.  Guess thats why everyone can love it so much.  Dodge took the easiest road with this car.

211224[/snapback]

Well ya know, people bitched at Dodge cuz the Charger wasn't a coupe or retro...so they gave `em what they wanted. Plus, even though it's certainly close to the original the greenhouse proportions are opposite of what the original was. I love it, I love the Camaro for a different reason and applaud GM for being so daring with it, but I applaud Dodge for giving the people what they wanted and making a damn good looking retro car.

Those wheels however, suck.

Edited by Dodgefan