Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

C&G Fifth Anniversary!

YES!  I still have it too, the good old days....whatevere happened to Baron aka Scott?  I do miss Snitz.

211093[/snapback]

Scott? Heh...I still talk to him on AIM occasionally...actually its more like he gets drunk and starts drunk-IMing me...he's a cool guy...but damn he's flaming haha...goes to Georgetown now.

You wanna talk about reminiscing? I just found those two Donkey Punch! songs on my itunes...

Edited by Croc

I joined here sometime in the summer of 2003, so I remember the August '03 layout. But man, I've never seen the earlier iterations from '01 and '02...crazy.

I still can't believe it's been three years for me...I've never stayed at a message board that long. It kinda makes me wonder if I'll still be posting here 10 years from now...or even 20. C&G will probably have holographic coverage of the 2016 NAIAS by then.

November 19, 2002:

I remember first coming to the site when that picture of the Malibu was up.

I have another screenshot for ya. This was the first (and only) time one of my concept designs was featured on C&G. It also has a link to a two-year 9/11 memorial, suggesting I snapped this shot around September 2003.

Posted Image

Edited by aaaantoine

Wow, I can't believe it's been five years. Then again, I didn't know that C&G was this young... I can't even believe I've spent almost four great years of my life on this site.

Cheers (pun intended :AH-HA_wink:) to everybody in charge and all the members here. I can't wait to see what happens "in five years" from now (haha Michiganders should recognize that "in five years" reference).

Thanks to everybody for keeping this site a great place to come to whenever I need to check some news, get something off my mind, or get a good laugh; we all can always count on the others on the site for that..

Happy #5, C&G!

I can't claim the seniority others can around here...but I can say the past 6 months have definitely been fun. Special thanks to the admins for doing a great job running the place all the other posters for being so cool. :thumbsup::cheers:

Happy Anniversary C&G!

What's weird is--the Malibu picture on the first page looks SOOO much better than the production version (all that was different was that it didn't have a chrome bar across the front... it was body-colored. At least it looked that way).

what a harry time its been! funn to the maxx!

211087[/snapback]

Yeah, what a cast of characters. And to think that somewhere in 2003 or 2004 I stumbled onto site looking to get info on the new LaCrosse. AND I STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT ONE, BUT KEEP RENTING THEM!

Yep, some interesting folks: WPBH, 98, Lord Stafford, LeeRon, Budman3, Marc, Chief, Lauren...

And do you guys remember Akwan who didn't stick around very long (he was evidently a p*s*y-whipped doctor whose wife pulled his strings)? I think he lived somewhere near Atlanta but maybe in TN or NC.

Edited by trinacriabob

Happy Anniversary C&G!

What's weird is--the Malibu picture on the first page looks SOOO much better than the production version (all that was different was that it didn't have a chrome bar across the front... it was body-colored.  At least it looked that way).

211307[/snapback]

In case you weren't previously aware, that's a chop by !!!TED!!! based on a spied and camoflaged Malibu.

Actually if I remember correctly, the first two pics I saw on C&G were the Malibu WITH camo and a chopped 2004 Grand Prix by Ted.

Wow, it's hard to believe I've been a member for almost four years (Jan 03 start date). I remember looking for info on the 5th gen Camaro and C&G would always come up first or second on the Google search results.

I still have the chop that made up my first post:

Posted Image

Five years ago, were there internal service error 500s every 20 minutes?

211424[/snapback]

Dude, don't be a smartass.

5 years ago some days the site would be down completely because the server was overloaded. The mods and Walt would pay for the upkeep themselves. Negotiating new servers, etc. Were you around for the two Great Crashes where all data was lost? That happened due to massive server failures. Honestly, I'd rather have the regularly-occurring 500 error than the random server failure.

Also, if you're noticing a regular, every-20-minute error, you're on the site more than is healthy. Just sayin'...

Wow, it's hard to believe I've been a member for almost four years (Jan 03 start date). I remember looking for info on the 5th gen Camaro and C&G would always come up first or second on the Google search results.

211428[/snapback]

Me, too! Except I'm not exactly sure when I joined (I think it was Jan '03, too). But, yeah, I came here looking for 5th Gen things, too, and the first picture I remember was a chop done by Walt, a black 5th Gen based on the late 4th Gens.

Yeah, what a cast of characters.  And to think that somewhere in 2003 or 2004 I stumbled onto site looking to get info on the new LaCrosse.  AND I STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT ONE, BUT KEEP RENTING THEM!

Yep, some interesting folks:  WPBH, 98, Lord Stafford, LeeRon, Budman3, Marc, Chief, Lauren...

And do you guys remember Akwan who didn't stick around very long (he was evidently a p*s*y-whipped doctor whose wife pulled his strings)? I think he lived somewhere near Atlanta but maybe in TN or NC.

211365[/snapback]

You're forgetting one very important person...Does the name Adam ring any bells? :P

In case you weren't previously aware, that's a chop by !!!TED!!! based on a spied and camoflaged Malibu.

Actually if I remember correctly, the first two pics I saw on C&G were the Malibu WITH camo and a chopped 2004 Grand Prix by Ted.

211420[/snapback]

Oh, I had no idea! I wasn't a member back then. I believe I became a member either in late 2004 or very early 2005.

Ya baby! 5 years! I remember it all vividly. :CG_all:

My 5th anniversary of joining C&G is actually December 7th.

Iv prepared my own retrospective....

August 2002

Posted Image

Posted Image

March 14, 2003

Posted Image

May 20, 2003

Posted Image

December 1, 2003

Posted Image

February 1, 2004

Posted Image

April 27, 2004

Posted Image

August 16, 2004

Posted Image

December 10, 2004

Posted Image

December 23, 2004

Posted Image

CONTINUED NEXT POST.....

Ted is the person you can thank (or yell at) for bringing me here. He showed me apperantly shortly after this site got started, although I lurked for a good year before actualy registering; I had really though C&G had been around a lot longer than this though.

Edited by Turbojett

I remember why I signed up... At university, I wrote the Automotive column and one week I was so busy that I needed to steal info from some place and make it look like my own.

Cheers and Gears looked like an unassuming place to plagiarize from, and the rest is history. 8)

I think it was something to do with the upcoming Camaro Concept, and this would've been November '05...