Sign in to follow this  
mustang84

2008 Escape without camo

23 posts in this topic

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A11047.html

It looks pretty nice...more substantial than the outgoing one. I'm sure some will complain that it looks too similar to the current one, but it's a nice update. I love the whole front end and the ridge through the doors.

Interior is pretty much the same as the Mariner, without the fancy trim.

Edited by mustang84

I don't like that grille much at all.

And they have that weird center stack in this thing too!

I think it will look a lot better in a color other than white, but it still won't look great.

The interior is better than most of Ford's efforts.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A11047.html

I'm sure some will complain that it looks too similar to the current one

211694[/snapback]

^^^^^

what IS up with the cheap ass typical chrysler / mits galant like center stack? Holy cow, that's bad. the current interior may just be nicer.

the exterior is pure ford truck. depends on whether you are bored with that look yet.

It is dull, but also typically conservative Ford. It could have been bolder so it wouldn't get lost in the crowd, but the typical buyer in this class doesn't want something too bold. Equinox/Torrent are good examples of where this class should be, for mainstream brands [Pontiac shouldn't be mainstream to me]. The traditional SUV shape is getting really boring to me, and Escape is as traditional as it gets. the interior is a big improvement, and looks like Ford's corporate switchgear is getting an improvement, hopefully they start going for different radios and HVAC controls for different price levels, since their problem with corporate stuff is not as bad as GM, being that Ford really only has one [popular]brand.

Edited by turbo200

Yes, it is typical Ford conservative. And it's been that way for so many years. It's amazing that they have survived thus far, having so little to offer car buyers. So few models, and so few having any appeal.

I really want Ford to do well, but this just is not good enough. The current one looks fresher, and things like the chunky (but not in a good way) grille on this one, plus that center stack is not attractive, especially not with all those large ribbed knobs.

Aside from that, another issue seems to be the keeping of the 3.0L which isn't bad by any means, but even Ford enthusiasts boards have people crying foul over that choice, as well as the transmission.

I too like the current one more...and it actually seems fresher, at least purely in pics.

I hope they're stylists start pumping out some wow stuff soon, or they're really going to have even more issues beyond the current ones...

Edited by caddycruiser

I think it makes the current model look instantly busy and dated. This is an improvement. This is cleaner, and it will surely look better in full production trim.

Ford needs to stop these facelifts and make some all-new models. All each refresh does is correct the deficiencies of the old one, not make it a quality product.

Why didn't they use the Edge/Fusion grill? It would have helped a lot. Overall a nice face lift (at least the center stack isn't the same stuff in every other Ford product), but how old is this thing now? It should have been fully redesigned.

1st reaction: Why do they have a picture of an old Kia Sportage?

2nd reaction: :blink::o

3rd reaction: :scratchchin:

Some more pictures would help.

Guest YellowJacket894

Looks, well, like a Ford. Which, in Layman's terms, means bland, odd, and unoffensive.

It's decent for what it is, but it doesn't impress me a bit. Also, the similarities with the Mariner are disappointing and depressing.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this