NICKNAMES

Tonight, I went to Barnes and Noble's cafe' where I study. Yeah, I know, I'm boring. I know the girls who work there and when I was in Montreal for 1 week and came back to town, they asked me "Where have you been?" They told me they notice it when "the regulars" aren't around for a while.

At any rate, we started talking about who "the regulars" were and they told me as such. They also told me "the regulars" all have nicknames ...and that we all have quirks!

I asked them what mine was. They told me it was "Tea Guy" because I always order tea and it has to be in a mug, not paper. I busted up. Then they told me some other nicknames for other patrons...some were NOT flattering.

I have had others. When I worked in Atlanta, I worked in a company in a high rise and if I got wind someone on another floor was having a spread or a buffet, I would invite myself. So, some of the Southern bitches in mumus who worked at their boring desk jobs nicknamed me "The Crumb Chaser." :lol:

In archi firms, some people call me "Robair" which makes Robert sound French. Heck, I don't know why. Others call me "Roberto". I wonder if it's because I'm into all this foreign bull$h!.

ANY NICKNAMES YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN - c'mon, fess up.

Edited by trinacriabob

As a teenager, my family of friends, it was "Nevets", they all still call me that when they see me

My first job after school the one guy called me "Ghini" because I talk with my arms and hands waving in the air.... Im not Italian

My partner in the loggin' business called me "Frenchy" after French Canadians because of my forest prowess and production speed.......Im not French

At the same time the guys in the band I was in called me "Chainsaw" I believe due to my very edgy, harsh playing and the fact that the chainsaw was my trade.

One guy in my next band penned me "Snowolf", due to my romanticized stories about my sled dogs, trail tales and tendency to reference the inner workings of wolf packs. Snowolf was one character in a rock opera he was writting, loosely based on our lives. It was pretty cool actually, he was quite a creative dreamer, good lyricist and song writer. The band was eventually named Snowolf.

My wife calles me "Ferret"...I have no idea why....she says thats what I look like :angry:

In the past 15 years I have had no long lasting new personal relationships so have not accumulated any new nickname....but from time to time names referencing body parts, functions and acts in a multitude of combinations has seemed to keep most new commers content................... :gitfunky:

I've had one that keeps popping up now and then....

Greener....

212193[/snapback]

Yo, sir, there is a Boulevard with your name in Montreal right north of and parallel to the Autoroute Metropolitaine 40...it says Boulevard Cremazie!

most of my friends in high school called me by my last name...i guess that counts...

im often reffered to by something involving the word gymnastics or gymnast... mainly because i do gymnastics... haha

over the summer i got the nickname "ninja" from a few co-workers at the camp i worked at... dont know why... but i didnt argue haha

I've never had one really. I've had one or two assigned, but I guess I'm Teflon because they never stick, despite one massive effort of one of my best friends trying to spread it around :lol:

If anything, my last name is used sometimes, but that's it.

Edited by Captainbooyah

"Killer" - Received after a particularly physical game of hockey. Ironic part is, the kid who gave it to me is now serving 30 years in prison for killing his friend's dad. :ninja:

212300[/snapback]

Did he watch "Fargo" one time too many? Yikes.

Steve-o: got called that once in 5th grade and it's stuck.

Steve-Some of my teachers every year call me this. I don't like it, but I only protest when someone my age/a teacher I don't like calls me that.

Car nerd-self-explanitory

Captain-O/Captain Obvious-this stemmed from me saying "oh look, the traffic light's green" when no one else noticed.

Steverino-see Steve-o.

Kunze (last name): someone found it entertaining in 7th grade that I'm German and it's stuck since.

Mine are:

Samwise: People at work call me this. I think it's cool.

Farkas: I'm in band and I play french horn. The company that makes my French Horn is Holton-Farkas. So everyone is like, that Farkas kid. See picture in picture thread.

Muelo (mmm-way-lo): A friend calls me this. Its from Samuel. When we were in first grade she always used to say saMUELO.

I think thats it

I've had one that keeps popping up now and then....

Greener....

212193[/snapback]

Haha, somehow, that just fits you... :P

As far as me and nicknames... I've really only had them online and they stemmed from my screenname. 'BV' and 'Vipes' being the main two. Otherwise, this one guy I used to talk to always referred to me as 'Studly'. Odd. :lol:

Well.. most of my friends never call me by my first name 'Mike' and call me 99.9% of the time by my last name 'Decker'. Around 9th or 10th grade.. someone had called me 'Decka' and then it went along as "Yeah Decka" and that stuck for a long time and still kinda is (hence my user name). For a while, I was once called 'Decko' by a teacher and some kids in that class that I really didn't care for started calling me that.. thankfully that passed on by.

Let's see, my name is Steven Myers, nicknames I am currently able to recall are:

Snoopy- because of a wrist watch

Sven- something my bud Dustin came up with. I'm not blonde, Swedish, or other.

General Myers- great story behind this one. My little fat friend Curtis said that in his Spanish class someone had mispronounced his class name, it was Chacho or something like that. But he told me, in some circles I'm known as Cracho (say crotch-O). So I responded with well, in some circles I'm known as General Myers. But, keep it on the DL, that's my name in the pron films, and I don't want my mom to find out. Poor Curtis just sat there wide-eyed. I asked him if he believed me, and he was like, "I don't know, you're usually pretty serious about this kind of stuff." :lol:

The Amazing Mr. Myers- somewhat self-generated, but my friend Jessica refers to me as this sometimes.

The Walking Encyclopedia- from school, elementary through high school due to my intelligence. Even the teachers called me this.

SM2- as in "to the second power". Due to my initials, given to me by my (ex)girlfriend/current friend/want to date again Janel.

Homo- yes, it's bad, but funny because my husky friend Monica called me this periodically, so I call her Twinkie in response. Unfortunately, she could kick my ass, and has left bruises on me by not even being mean.

And of course,

MyerShift- from my car sketches, this is the name of the automatic transmission's manumatic function. I like it!

Mine are all of the following,

ChickenMan

ChickenFoot (said like CHICKEN------FOOOOOOOTT!)

ChickenLegs

ChickenBeak

Hardway (supposedly i do evrything the hard way)

Erosion (i have this thing for helping cliffs and other steep terrain fall down)

Oh...my friend Megan calls me Girl because I despise spiders.

But I get her back by calling her Miss Gullible...I can walk up to her on any given day and tell her I hate her and she'd think I was serious.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Yo, sir, there is a Boulevard with your name in Montreal right north of and parallel to the Autoroute Metropolitaine 40...it says Boulevard Cremazie!

212253[/snapback]

What's your connection to Montreal? I see your talking a lot about it recently. Nick names I've been called are Stevo, Stevie Wonder (not that I look like him) Stevester and the GM guy. I love giving other people nicknames. My co worker and I have a nickname for just about eveybody who comes into the shop, it makes for some good fun.