Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

2008 Bentley Havana Coupe

17 posts in this topic

2008 Bentley Havana Coupe

Posted Image

Full Article @ Car Online

CAR Online today brings you an sneak preview of Bentley's new flagship coupe. Tipped to be called Havana, it's the ultimate in conspicuous consumption, with a price in excess of £200,000, a V8 engine serving up enough torque to make the earth spin backwards and the most sumptuous interior this side of a sultan's palace. The Havana is expected at spring 2007 Geneva motor show, with sales following in 2008.

Well, wasn't there a thriving bohemian crowd in Cuba, Havana being tha capital, before Castro? Somewhere in my mind I remember Ernest Hemingway having a house there, among others in the arts community. Havana, I believe, has a history sexy enough to have a luxury car named after it.

Someone please clarify for us. I know I'm fuzzy on this... perhaps Hemingway's house was in Key West.

So this fits above the Continental coupe in the lineup? Bentley is coming on strong with this new vehicles, leaving RR in the dust.

I'm not sold on what is shown in the picture. It looks like it's the same old, same old. Classy and luxurious, yes, but it does not appear to be much different from current and previous Bentleys. Havana doesn't fit a flagship coupe, either. What about an English city/town name?

Havana doesn't fit a flagship coupe, either.  What about an English city/town name?

212637[/snapback]

Bentley Manchester?

Bentley Lancaster?

Bentley Sunderland?

Bentley Westminster?

Bentley Liverpool? Coventry? Canterbury? York? Worchester?

All regal, all potent, but horrible car names. Havana flows well. Besides, Continental is anything but English (literally), Arnage is in France, and Azure is French.

Bentley Manchester?

Bentley Lancaster?

Bentley Sunderland?

Bentley Westminster?

All regal, all potent, but horrible car names. Havana flows well. Besides, Continental is anything but English (literally), Arnage is in France, and Azure is French.

212678[/snapback]

Bentley Parisianne?

Bentley Manchester?

Bentley Lancaster?

Bentley Sunderland?

Bentley Westminster?

212678[/snapback]

How about Bentley Liverpool?

from the same source:

The Havana is a fixed-head version of the Azure 2+2-seat convertible. Although our spy couldn't bag the front end, it's virtually indistinguishable from the £222,650 drop top, with its twin circular lamps and mesh-filled grille as big as a barn. Measuring around 5.4m-long and weighing around 2.5 tonnes, the old-school Havana needs a big lump to offer effortless performance. And it gets one. The Azure's 6.75-litre twin-turbo V8serves up 450bhp and an immense 645lb ft of torque, enough to waft the barge to 62mph from standstill in a hot hatch-beating 6.0sec or so. Top speed will be limited to 155mph, a speed that can be achieved in serene comfort.

Georg Kacher

It's an azure coupe, nothing new.

It's a hardtop... very cool.

It's very fugly & uninteresting though... that's very bad for

a car costing more than an Average American's home.

I liked the Arnage-based Continental and the current Continental GT better than this.

Bentley Moscow

Bentley Leningrad

Bentley Basrah

Bentley Terhan

Bentley Piongyang

lol

Don't forget the other Cuban resort Club Gitmo

Bentley Gitmo

Edited by carman21

I liked the Arnage-based Continental and the current Continental GT better than this.

213212[/snapback]

This car is Arnage-based, like the new Azure..the previous Continental and Azure were based on the '80s/90s Bentley Turbo R sedan...

Well, wasn't there a thriving bohemian crowd in Cuba, Havana being tha capital, before Castro?  Somewhere in my mind I remember Ernest Hemingway having a house there, among others in the arts community.  Havana, I believe, has a history sexy enough to have a luxury car named after it.

Someone please clarify for us.  I know I'm fuzzy on this... perhaps Hemingway's house was in Key West.

212249[/snapback]

Yep, Key West..I've visited it a few times when I lived in the Keys...Hemingway also lived in Havana... Havana is still a tourist destination, a bunch of my Canadian coworkers have been there, they say it's a pretty interesting place...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this