Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Revealed: 2008 Mazda Tribute

:scratchchin: I think I like it...1st impression's not as bad as the Escape/Mariner, but I think I like the 'Nox/Torrent better on the outside. The interior looks to be nice, but the center stack looks too much like the Escape's.

My God, they sucked like every element out of Mazda's sportiness in this thing. They could have made it a little more different from the Mariner/Escape.

Why even keep this now that the CX-7 is around?

212869[/snapback]

I guess this is to cater towards the more conservative side?

no point. doesnt fit the mazda design language. doesnt answer a new market niche. doesnt break away from the ford/mercury twins. doesnt do anything except detract from mazda's brand equity.

Good job Ford for making 3 decently-differentiated vehicles on a shoe-string budget! Not my cup of tea, but I don't dislike it either...each of the three trucks has a different look and presence...Bravo Ford!

Ew. With the CX7 and CX9... Mazda doesn't need this. Especially if it's going to look that much like the Escape and Mariner. It doesnt look like a Mazda and certainly doesnt deserve the Mazda badge. Pitiful job, Ford.

Looks anemic compared to the CX-7. I prefer the Ford and Mercury over this. It really doesn't fit in Mazda's lineup, imo. I'll wait to see how it's marketed.

Why even keep this now that the CX-7 is around?

212869[/snapback]

there are some rural small town mazda dealers that need product to sell and the rednecks won't buy the CX-7?

The Tribute stuck me as a vehicle for people who think they're somehow too 'good' for a Ford.

212887[/snapback]

Funny you said that, my cousin wouldn't be caught dead in an American car so he bough a Tribute. :duh:

Um... I think they could have tried a little harder... At least the current model has a tinge of sportiness in its looks...

Man that sucks, this non-US update looks better IMO

Posted Image

The interior is just a copy of the Escape/Mariner. What's teh point of this when there's the CX-7? It doesn't fit at all with Mazda's lineup.

Oh and that grill reminds me of an Opel/Saturn grill.

Edited by Dodgefan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook