2007 Techno Gray Aura XR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

she doesnt like to be photographed in direct sunlight as seen in pics 1 and 3. shoulda seen pic 3 before i turned down the yellow hues... which i turned down too far, dammit.

EDIT: SUNUVABITCH! i just noticed my buddy left the pass side headrest up. :angry:

Edited by Bizz

Very nice. I was expecting a lot, and after taking a spin over to the local dealer to look at a few, I was VERY impressed...they seemed more fitting to be on something like an Acura lot, than what you would typically think of Saturn or even GM--which is the big point of them.

The XR's with the 3.6L, 6-speed, 18" wheels, etc. are a terrific deal, and for just around $20k, the XE's are a SCREAMING deal, and just as impressive visually and equipment-wise.

Is this "National Tease GMTruckGuy74 Week"??? First TED with the '58 GMC Stepside, then Variance with the '58 GMC Suburban Carrier, and now you with the '07 AURA XR!!!

That is a very nice looking car. I'm taking the SKY for it's first oil change/service visit tonight and will be looking at the AURA's again (I test drove an XR last Wednesday). I'm going to check out the XE this time... the price just seems really good on the XE models, even though I typically go with the top-of-the-line model. I like the Techno Gray, but after having the Malibu in Medium Gray Metallic and the SKY in Silver Graphite, I think I'd have to go with a different color selection. Can't tell from your pics, but do you have a sunroof? If yes, is it the regular sunroof or the panoramic sunroof? I know Walt has had problems with his panoramic roof on his G6, but I know of an AURA XR owner from the Skyroadster.com forums that has it on his AURA without any problems.

Good luck with it, and keep us updated.

Ooo, that's priddy.  Is it yours?  Nice pics, Bizz.

212976[/snapback]

in 59 more payments, YES! unless, they build a coupe or redline aura. then, i'll have to start all over.

Very nice.  I was expecting a lot, and after taking a spin over to the local dealer to look at a few, I was VERY impressed...they seemed more fitting to be on something like an Acura lot, than what you would typically think of Saturn or even GM--which is the big point of them.

The XR's with the 3.6L, 6-speed, 18" wheels, etc. are a terrific deal, and for just around $20k, the XE's are a SCREAMING deal, and just as impressive visually and equipment-wise.

212985[/snapback]

yeah, its like a TL that got rolled once and put back together by a team of very talented repair dudes. too bad they wouldnt put in an SC3.8 for me, tho. :D

Is this "National Tease GMTruckGuy74 Week"??? First TED with the '58 GMC Stepside, then Variance with the '58 GMC Suburban Carrier, and now you with the '07 AURA XR!!!

That is a very nice looking car.  I'm taking the SKY for it's first oil change/service visit tonight and will be looking at the AURA's again (I test drove an XR last Wednesday).  I'm going to check out the XE this time... the price just seems really good on the XE models, even though I typically go with the top-of-the-line model.  I like the Techno Gray, but after having the Malibu in Medium Gray Metallic and the SKY in Silver Graphite, I think I'd have to go with a different color selection.  Can't tell from your pics, but do you have a sunroof?  If yes, is it the regular sunroof or the panoramic sunroof?  I know Walt has had problems with his panoramic roof on his G6, but I know of an AURA XR owner from the Skyroadster.com forums that has it on his AURA without any problems.

Good luck with it, and keep us updated.

213039[/snapback]

just the regular roof. since my last 3 cars were all silver, i was only interested in the gray or the blue. i liked the blue better, but since i dont have covered parking, i went with the gray since it wont need to be cleaned as frequently.

im going to get some wheels for it and take that giant saturn badge of the decklid. other than that and maybe x-pel, im going to try and leave it alone. although, i think the TC2.8L in the 9-5 is the same engine. i cant help but wonder...

You can mail me that badge when you take it off! :P

No, seriously, mail it to me when you take it off (assuming you don't want it). :lol:

I was at the dealership last night for the SKY's first service visit (btw, broke 1,000 miles finally!). While waiting I cruised around the lot, looking at the AURA inventory. I had in mind that an XE would do fine for us, but after seeing a few of the XR models, I think I'm going to try that route instead. They just got in - still all wrapped in it's shipping plastic - a Midnight Blue XR with the black cloth interior and no sunroof (it has the heated seats, so my wife will be fine without leather, and personally I don't use the sunroof much in either my Malibu or Envoy, that I don't think I'll miss it). Wife has class tonight and tomorrow I'm headed to Atlantic City for the next two days (Teacher's Convention!!! In A/C - :ohyeah: ) and Saturday we have a wedding, so I won't be able to get a lease price until some point next week. But I forsee an AURA sitting in my driveway real soon. :)

You can mail me that badge when you take it off!  :P

No, seriously, mail it to me when you take it off (assuming you don't want it):lol:

I was at the dealership last night for the SKY's first service visit (btw, broke 1,000 miles finally!).  While waiting I cruised around the lot, looking at the AURA inventory.  I had in mind that an XE would do fine for us, but after seeing a few of the XR models, I think I'm going to try that route instead.  They just got in - still all wrapped in it's shipping plastic - a Midnight Blue XR with the black cloth interior and no sunroof (it has the heated seats, so my wife will be fine without leather, and personally I don't use the sunroof much in either my Malibu or Envoy, that I don't think I'll miss it).  Wife has class tonight and tomorrow I'm headed to Atlantic City for the next two days (Teacher's Convention!!! In A/C -  :ohyeah: ) and Saturday we have a wedding, so I won't be able to get a lease price until some point next week.  But I forsee an AURA sitting in my driveway real soon.  :)

213318[/snapback]

well, tell me what you are going to do with the badge. if its not something way cool that i'd want to do, maybe i will ship it. :P i was just gonna replace the "GTP" on my toolbox with it.

in a little over a year i should be able to get my sky. thats gonna be my new toy, which is why i need to keep my hands off the aura!

I think new wheels are a fine idea, although the car is great as is, congrats! Personally, I like the badge on the decklid.

213322[/snapback]

thanks. :) im fine with the placement of the badge, it just looks too big to me for some reason. something that big and red on the back of a car should light up.

Good luck getting a SKY - you'll love it! I'd seriously talk to your dealer NOW about it, as I'm sure there's a huge waiting list of potential customers. Regular or Redline? I have the regualr SKY, which is all I need. I like to go out and cruise with the top down, not race people between lights. :P

As for the badge, I was going to put it with the other badges I have collected (nothing real special). I did notice the other night when looking at a white XE inside of the showrom that the rear badge is quite large. And what a great idea that Saturn missed on - lighting it up. That would have looked great on the car at night.

As for ideas what to do with it should you keep it, I know some of the SKY owners have changed the red to the color of their car or to a darker color (for example, one guy has a silver pearl Redline SKY and changed the background to black). If you truly don't want it, then I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands rather than you tossing it in the garbage (not saying you would, seeing as how it would more likely end up on your toolbox). Let me know when that time comes.

I think the badges look great, personally. As GMTruckGuy mentioned, though, they can easily be changed to another color by taking the badge off, removing the back, and putting something else of the color you want in its place. Might make it stand out less (and more, at the same time. lol)

I'll be buying one of those big badges sometime for a special project... hee hee hee

Good luck getting a SKY - you'll love it!  I'd seriously talk to your dealer NOW about it, as I'm sure there's a huge waiting list of potential customers.  Regular or Redline?  I have the regualr SKY, which is all I need.  I like to go out and cruise with the top down, not race people between lights.  :P

As for the badge, I was going to put it with the other badges I have collected (nothing real special).  I did notice the other night when looking at a white XE inside of the showrom that the rear badge is quite large.  And what a great idea that Saturn missed on - lighting it up.  That would have looked great on the car at night.

As for ideas what to do with it should you keep it, I know some of the SKY owners have changed the red to the color of their car or to a darker color (for example, one guy has a silver pearl Redline SKY and changed the background to black).  If you truly don't want it, then I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands rather than you tossing it in the garbage (not saying you would, seeing as how it would more likely end up on your toolbox).  Let me know when that time comes.

213771[/snapback]

odds are, a redline. athough, i will be having some discussions with hahn racecraft before making that final decision. 8)

By the way Bizz, I've been showing the pics of your car to people I know when I tell them that I'm hopefully getting one of my own soon!  Everyone says what a great looking car the AURA is (remember, their saying that about your car! :) )

214554[/snapback]

cool, thank them for me.

New questions:

1.  Does the XR's 3.6 liter V6 require premium fuel, or can it run on regular?

2.  Who makes Hanook tires, the ones that come standard on the XE models?  Anyone with ownership experience with this brand of tires???

216144[/snapback]

1. The Cadillacs with the 3.6 can run on regular fuel, so I assume the Aura can.

2. I'm not sure exactly, but I haven't heard the best things about them.

New questions:

1.  Does the XR's 3.6 liter V6 require premium fuel, or can it run on regular?

2.  Who makes Hanook tires, the ones that come standard on the XE models?  Anyone with ownership experience with this brand of tires???

216144[/snapback]

The 3.6L definately runs on regular--they wouldn't dare let it be in a Saturn or Pontiac otherwise--and the Hankook tires are made by Hankook, no one else.

Hankook is Korean, I believe, just like Kumho, and they're all a very high rated and well regarded tires. Matter of fact, over the years, we've had Goodyears, Michelins, etc. and the set of Kumhos we put on our one Fleetwood are by far the best of the bunch. Hankook makes several high performance treads, as well as regular passenger all seasons, and they're all generally highly rated and high quality--just not as expensive as a lot of regular domestic brands.

I was very glad to see they started these and others on a lot of newer GM's and other vehicles, as they're just better than most of the GY's and Michelins, etc., that used to be a given on most domestics.

Of course, the XR has GY Eagles and those aren't bad, but they aren't the best either. Their 18" size is just more limited, and GM seems to like using them on a lot of applications like that car still.

Well, it looks like an AURA will be parked in my driveway soon. Went to the dealership tonight and had my Malibu appraised and a lease deal worked out on an AURA that will have to be dealer-traded for. It will be for an XE model, as the wife was very insistent on getting the tan cloth interior and saving some money in the long run instead of spending money for a top-of-the-line XR model. I just hope those Hankook tires are worth it, as the Bridgestone's on my Malibu suck BIG time. It's Midnight Blue with Tan cloth interior, with the Convenience and Preferred Packages, XM radio and 17" Aluminum Wheels. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the trade works out - I might get this car as soon as Saturday.

By the way, anyone live in or near Limerick, Pennsylvania???? Wanna do me a really BIG favor?

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

By the way, anyone live in or near Limerick, Pennsylvania????  Wanna do me a really BIG favor?

216359[/snapback]

I do--I presume that's the dealer where the car is coming from?

You should be very happy with it, Hankooks and all (definately not downgrades like a lot of OEM supplied Bridgestones are), and even the wheels on the XE's arguably look the best with the car. And the tan cloth interior is gorgeous. All in all, a great upgrade from the Malibu, even with the same old 3.5L (most reviews seem to really enjoy it in the Aura, moreso than any other vehicle it's in).

Edited by caddycruiser

Thanks for responding caddycruiser... as of Wednesday night, that was where my salesman located the Midnight Blue with Tan cloth XE. However, a call to him this afternoon to see if they were willing to trade didn't seem too reassuring. Jim mentioned that he located another XE, this one without the 17" aluminum rims and XM (ok without the XM, wanted the aluminum rims), but still blue with tan and had the Enhanced Convenience Package in addition to the Convenience & Preferred Packages. He never said Saturn of Limerick wouldn't give theirs, but he didn't say they would either. So he said he'll call me tomorrow definitely with an answer on where the car is coming from. I e-mailed him a little while ago - just for sh*t and giggles - asking him to give me a lease price on their blue XR with black cloth (I really want the XR, the wife doesn't like the all-black interior :rolleyes: ) So we'll see what happens in the next 24 hours :P

The favor I'm asking is if you have some time in the morning, can you drive to Saturn of Limerick and see if they have the Blue with Tan cloth XE on their lot? I know Jim wants to do this deal ASAP, so if they say yes to the trade, he's going to get it tomorrow so he can deliver the car on Saturday. I was just curious to see if Saturn of Limerick added any "junk" to it (pinstripes, door edge guards, any Saturn accessories, etc - I don't want any of that crap!). If not, don't worry about it (since I don't know where the car is coming from yet).

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Sounds interesting, and I definately know how it works with the trading. When Suburban shopping, there was a "just right" Yukon XL our dealer found at another, but they seemed a little odd when they saw the dealer it was at and then later the story went from "it's sold" to "we just don't want to trade it". We ended up going for a different truck, but it can sometimes be tricky...especially with a car that's still hot like the Aura.

I could drive out there--it doesn't seem too far--but this will now be Saturday morning, probably too late (didn't realize that until I started typing this post). I'll wait and see if and what changes here...

Edited by caddycruiser

Well caddycruiser, thanks for offering but you'd be way too north! My salesman found an AURA XE in Maryland and they sent for it today. I haven't heard from him since this afternoon, so I'm not sure if it actually arrived or not (I'm sure it did, but they are probably closed by now). The car is Midnight Blue with Tan cloth, Convenience, Preferred & Enhanced Convenience Packages, and instead of the standard 17" silver painted five-spoked wheelcovers, it has the upgraded 17" Chromed five-spoked wheelcovers. :twocents: [bLING-BLING] :twocents:

Anyone on here from Maryland, and know of Saturn of Marlow Heights? I'm curious as to what kind of dealership they are (for example, do they put on dealer add-ons <pinstripes, door edge guards, VIN etching, etc>?).

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Sounds awesome, and now that someone here just bought a new XE with the standard 5 thick spoke wheels, I think they compliment the car the best--and I've only ever seen one car with the chrome version, which really looked nice.

Sounds terrific, and your wife should be VERY happy :AH-HA_wink: A swap can be really cool, because it's essentially like ordering your perfect car but then not having to wait more than a few days when they find the right one!

Anyone on here from Maryland, and know of Saturn of Marlow Heights?  I'm curious as to what kind of dealership they are (for example, do they put on dealer add-ons <pinstripes, door edge guards, VIN etching, etc>?).

216969[/snapback]

anything they put on, you can take off. you shouldnt be required to pay extra, either.

my XR came from a trade and had a pinstripe (adhesive) and VIN etched glass. my dealer didnt even bring it up. i paid the price i would have if i had ordered it.

i decided to keep the stripe, it doesnt look bad at all, until it starts to tear away or otherwise look like &#036;h&#33;. :)

Same here, now that I think of it. Our Suburban came on a dealer swap, and when we went to pick it up, we noticed it had a pinstripe on it that even the salesmen didn't notice. Looked good, actually, and there was no add-on of any kind pricewise, so we just left it as is and went about or merry way. Always good to know, though, just in case the other dealer has done extra things...even though they're usually small and you don't pay for them in the end.

The only other thing was our dealer taking off the other place's logo/plaque on the back and replacing it with theirs, the typical necessary evil...left that on there too.

Edited by caddycruiser

Anyone on here from Maryland, and know of Saturn of Marlow Heights?  I'm curious as to what kind of dealership they are (for example, do they put on dealer add-ons <pinstripes, door edge guards, VIN etching, etc>?).

216969[/snapback]

Saturn of Marlows Heights, as the name suggests, is in Marlow Heights, which is ~35 minutes from me. They don't have any pictures of their new inventory, but I don't see any pinstripes on the used inventory, if that's any help.

Just out of curiosity, are you thinking about trekking down here to get an Aura?

Bizz, I'm so sorry to have :hijacked: your post/thread with my AURA XE banter. Anyone interested in commenting on the XE, I invite you to come over to http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=13507. I'll have pictures of my XE posted soon.

Well leave this thread open for discussion on the XR model. Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions on my quest for an XE! :thumbsup:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

The only other thing was our dealer taking off the other place's logo/plaque on the back and replacing it with theirs, the typical necessary evil...left that on there too.

217139[/snapback]

evil, yes. necessary, no. ive never had a problem keeping dealers from putting them on. for future reference, just tell them free advertising = no sale. :)

Bizz, I'm so sorry to have  your post/thread with my AURA XE banter.

no hijack here. threads are discussions and discussions ebb and flow.

besides, you are talking to a member of the Off Topic Space Wasting Bastards Club.