So what is it folks?

Guest Josh

With the limited information we have at this point, I'm gonna say next-generation Saturn Ion.

The portion of the grille that's visible looks Saturn-esque (the new Saturn, that is), and the headlights look to have some Opel influence as well. The lower front-fascia looks to echo the upper-grille and is pretty aggressive overall. We can rule out Pontiac, Cadillac, and Saab based on grille-design and the overall design themes used. The vehicle pictured is no truck, so HUMMER and GMC are gone as well, leaving us with Chevrolet, Buick, and of course, Saturn. My guess is the latter.

It looks to me like it has Saturn/Opel styling cues, so it has to be the new Ion. Also, the new Ion is an '08 model while AH-HA said earlier that the new Malibu will be an '09 model, so another clue that it's not the Malibu.

[post="16526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It looks very Opel and if it looks Opel it looks Saturn!

Well, considering how much it resembles Saturn's new design theme, and this quote from Lutz in the October MT:

The only time we're going to do clinics is when we do something far-out.  We want to make sure we're not talking to ourselves.  We're not going to clinic the next-generation Saturn Ion because everybody comes into the studio and says, "Holy mackerel!"

-Lutz

From the looks in that pic, I could see people saying "Holy mackere!" when they see the full thing in person and then find out that it's a Saturn, let alone the Ion....that's just my view http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

It clearly sports Opel styling cues, so unless its a newer Astra or some other small to midsize Opel, it's inevitably a new Saturn for the U.S. market. Edited by S.Myers

I don't want Chevrolet, Pontiac, or Buick to go all Euro on us.  Hopefully it's the cool new ION.

[post="16564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See, I hope GM replaces the Ion name... if they go and replace such wonderful names as LeSabre and plan to replace Rendezvous when both had such a wonderful standing... I would hope they'd replace Ion, a car that has gotten nothing but crappy reviews from its crappy quality in the past.

As for what the new car is based on the image, I haven't a clue. It's just not enough for me to speculate.

My friend thinks it's a Chevrolet.

Josh: If you have product knowledge through 2012, p-l-e-a-s-e share something good about future Buicks!

[post="16679"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah... YEAH!!! Pleeeease? I'll be your best friend!

Definatley a Saturn, the grill gives it away, the only company that I have seen that has any brightwork even remotely similar is the new Honda Civic Sedan, I would guess it is the new ION.

Speaking of teasers I think everyone in the world has seen this by now, but on page seven of September's "GM Edge" there's an OUTLOOK teaser pictured above the finalized production "SKY" and "AURA". Get used to capitalized letters :)

[post="17025"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I was pretty sure Saturn's standard naming policy was all-caps. IMO it works better with the shorter names like ION, SKY, and VUE as opposed to RELAY and OUTLOOK.

It has to be Ion because Saturn is the only brand that doesn't even bother redesigning the front end when they take a European model. They just slap their logo on it and call it a Saturn :) Slight possibility of it being a Chevy because they do have a horizontal chrome bar, but it still looks more like the original Opel - Saturn front.

Camaro prototype based on the Cobalt that they are going to show at the 06 NAIAS? :)

[post="16583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Someone was bound to say that. :rolleyes:

So you've seen the real thing?  :)

[post="17657"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Half the posters on this site would take that the wrong way. Might want to rephrase that.

Oh and at least 1 of the responses is right.

Thursday we'll show it!