• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Edmunds Evaluation: 2007 Lincoln MKX

Edmunds Evaluation: 2007 Lincoln MKX

Posted Image

With a roughly equal level of standard equipment, the Lincoln MKX's base price (front-drive: $34,795; all-wheel drive: $36,445) undercuts the RX 350's by about $3,000. We're not sure that's enough of a cut to lure buyers away from a vehicle with a reputation for excellence built over the course of a decade. Our heavily optioned all-wheel-drive tester listed for a not insubstantial $44,270, including destination.

Forget for a moment the benchmark and consider the Ford Edge, which in SEL Plus trim provides the same package, the same excellent powertrain and most of the same standard equipment for about $5,000 less than the 2007 Lincoln MKX. We prefer the bars.

Edmunds

MT wasn't warm to how the MKX and Edge handled in its SUOTY test.

214161[/snapback]

MT is the only reviews i've read that loathe the edge and MKx. So Motor Trend is screwed in the head. In fact, there are three obvious proofreading errors / misstatements that in that issue of MT that I caught within 15 minutes of reading it. MT has become shock jock and thoroughly unprofessional. They don't even proof their copy. It's all a bunch of spewed sht.

And I'll agree, the edge is too heavy and has a chintzy interior, but its not as bad a vehicle overall to suggest the beating MT gave it when everyone else likes it to loves it.

Edited by regfootball

MT is the only reviews i've read that loathe the edge and MKx.  So Motor Trend is screwed in the head.  In fact, there are three obvious proofreading errors / misstatements that in that issue of MT that I caught within 15 minutes of reading it.  MT has become shock jock and thoroughly unprofessional.  They don't even proof their copy.  It's all a bunch of spewed sht.

And I'll agree, the edge is too heavy and has a chintzy interior, but its not as bad a vehicle overall to suggest the beating MT gave it when everyone else likes it to loves it.

214181[/snapback]

I noticed those errors, too. I guess they have a 10-year old on the editorial staff. I bet there's a letter to the editor.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.