Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What would you like to see from GM

Obviously everyone is looking forward to what we KNOW is coming. The 08 CTS, 08 Malibu, production Enclave, etc. But I'm talking about surprises.

Honestly, I'd love to see, at least in concept form, a RWD sedan for Pontiac. Nothing would tickle me more than the hope that GM will give me a BMW 3-series-sized-Pontiac-priced RWD sedan. 8)

Production sneak peek at the Cadillac SIXTEEN (V16)

It HAS to be a four door hardtop, and all the individual details must

remain intact, even the butterfly hood. Cost is not a problem, even

if it is half a million dollar$ it will be less than half of the only other

sixteen cylinder car on the market.

Also, for a great deal less, like say $100,000 a V12 powered

"Eldorado Brougham" or "Fleetwood Biarritz" that would be

a kind of a modern day '57/'58 Eldorado Erougham.

Basically it would be a way of saying F**K YOU, YOU SUCK!

to all the over priced POS exotic sedans like RR & Bentley!

A Chevy Cobalt with variety, passenger-cargo room, optimal standard/optional equipment, and an Easy-Entry front passenger's seat that even the crummy Cavalier had, yet Cobalt doesn't, thus making an even more difficult task to get to the back seat. There's much more, but that's all I could think of at the moment. Oh yeah, and some Buicks that aren't solely for the AARP crowd-LaCrosse and Lucerne just don't fully speak 'new Buick' to me. And Lucerne doesn't even look like a Buick, it looks like an elegant Chevy.

Honestly, I'd love to see, at least in concept form, a RWD sedan for Pontiac.  Nothing would tickle me more than the hope that GM will give me a BMW 3-series-sized-Pontiac-priced RWD sedan.  8)

214143[/snapback]

:withstupid:

an announcement that as the current vehicles with pushrod V6es finish their product cycles, the pushrods will be replaced with OHC engines.

214145[/snapback]

Something that gets at least 30 MPG city.

214187[/snapback]

A Chevy Cobalt with variety, passenger-cargo room, optimal standard/optional equipment, and an Easy-Entry front passenger's seat that even the crummy Cavalier had, yet Cobalt doesn't, thus making an even more difficult task to get to the back seat. There's much more, but that's all I could think of at the moment. Oh yeah, and some Buicks that aren't solely for the AARP crowd-LaCrosse and Lucerne just don't fully speak 'new Buick' to me. And Lucerne doesn't even look like a Buick, it looks like an elegant Chevy.

214229[/snapback]

New Hummer vehicle(s); Hummer H4, the seen-in-spy-shots H3 SUT, longbead Hummer Pickup. Also, the facelifted STS and Saab 9-4x.

EDIT: Also, Camaro prototype, Firebird/GTO concept/prototype

Pontiac G8, next Vibe, ect.

Edited by MarioBro88

Almost everything I want to see from GM already is out or will be out in the next few years.

Camaro

Cobalt SS Turbocharged Coupe

Saturn SKY RedLine

GMC Acadia

Zeta Impala

Zeta Pontiac sedan

NG GTO

NG CTS

I guess the only thing I now long for is an AWD performance coupe, but who knows what they've got in the pipeline with Zeta...

high mileage cars are the future. as GM is finally jumping into the RWD party, they also need to cover small cars that have great mileage. a civic competitor with 30 mpg city like empowah stated is a great necessity......if they can get an engine that performs like that into a great platform that matches the civic's great engineering.....and then make a small convertible off of that platform, they'll cover yet another massive part of the market looking for standard commuter cars. cobalt is good, but not enough, and it is too derivative and plain in its style, needs more style.

Zeta!! Chevy Zetas, Pontiac Zetas, Buick Zetas, lots of Zetas!

-Zeta rant aside, I'm very interested in the Lambda vans. Maybe a PreLambda?

-An Eldorado from Cadillac

-More hydrogen/alt. energy vehicles

-Ion replacement

-the Holden Efijy would be nice as well

- A mainstream car that will make GM money because it is class-leading with no compromises: 2008 Chevy Malibu

- NG CTS

- Production Camaro

- Production Enclave

- NG Impala: I have high hopes for this car

- GM's solution to hybrids

Edited by KillFort

a ready for sale aura redline coupe with, better brakes, the vectra HID headlamps, vectra OPC front fascia and an engine/tranny combo that has more balls and isnt so thirsty. like maybe, the SIDI 3.6 and a 5 or 6 speed manual.

id settle for a sedan, tho. :)

8) I want to see a Duramax V8 with 6 speed allison tranny Suburban, Yukon and Escalade.

I also want to see a baby Duramx, V6 with a proper 6 speed tranny in the trucks and mid size suv's.

The baby Duramax V6 already exist being sold by Isuzu and I am sure they could have a 4 banger for the market also.

Diesel is the way to go. :D

2008 Saturn Astra maybe? Clay models? A stylish Chevy car and truck concept (and Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Saturn) that will outline styling directions for all.

a pontiac concept.

to showcase future styling for the brand.

214489[/snapback]

Not to mention an actual, worthwhile future for Pontiac, something they don't have without Zeta. Also, how about a production GM Precept or at least another quirky hybrid concept car that should go to production.

- Chevy Sequel Production Version

- RWD Impala Concept

- RWD Chevelle Concept

- NG GTO

- 08 Malibu

- Chevy Lambda

- NG Minivan Concept

- Saturn Astra

- Epsilon II Buick LaCrosse (w/convertible)

- RWD Grand Prix/G8

- MCE Chevy Cobalt

- MCE Pontiac G6

- NG Saab 9-5 Concept

- Hummer H4 Production Version

I am hoping that GM will give us a nice production RWD car!!!!!!!!!!!! A fuel efficient RWD will be a great addition to the GM lineup.

Hey, maybe a "REAL" midsize truck because that Colorado is pure junk. When is that platform going to the grave??

Don't kick me, but the practical side of me wants to see a 08 Malibu Maxx with a DI 3.6 and a 6-speed manual...

EV2.  Gm will have an electric vehicle there that gets 80 MPG.  :)  Surely though the Enclave will be there.

214552[/snapback]

Um... just curious...

If it's an electric vehicle, where does the miles per gallon come from??

Don't kick me, but the practical side of me wants to see a 08 Malibu Maxx with a DI 3.6 and a 6-speed manual...

214766[/snapback]

The Maxx is going out in the next-gen Malibu. Edited by ToniCipriani

id like to see another revolutionary innovation. maybe a safety device or an onstar addition. some new braking technology might be nice. you know, one of those why didnt i think of it first kind of things.

(and just to beat out the wise asses.. id be nice to see gm cars have a reputation throughout the country and world for braking instead of how too many people think of gm cars only as breaking. )

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Wow, drew770 is such a sweet boy.  A bit clueless, perhaps. :rolleyes:

214746[/snapback]

Never clueless but smart.

Gas prices are on the rise again and the Colorado sales are behind Tacoma and the Frontier!

So what's clueless?

Up above the Malibu Maxx was mentioned...I know it is leaving us soon.

However, I wish there were more options in the GM lineup for sporty wagons. I need more space for my family, but refuse to drive an SUV. Don't get me wrong, my wife has an Envoy and it is great. But I just like a nice handling car versus an taller vehicle such as the Equinox and larger SUVs. I was happy when Subaru was part of the GM family, but now all I'm left with is the 9-3 and 9-5 sportcombis...(read: poor reliability/small and too expensive respectively). :(

Aside from what we know is coming (Malibu, Enclave, CTS, etc), I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll see a "production spec" Camaro coupe and convertible, kind of like how we saw the Solstice in '04. I think we may also see Chevy, Pontiac, and maybe Buick Zeta-based "concepts".

I think a refreshed Cobalt is a possibility, as is a refreshed Colorado.

NG G6, along with the G8, and a new G5. A new GTO along with a crossover for Pontiac that comes out in 2009!

The Astra, 'Bu, EPII LaCrosse, another smaller (streched delta) Buick Sedan.

EPII 9-3/5 Concepts! and a letter from GM saying that not all brands will get EVERY platform (ie. EPII, lambda, delta, and Zeta)