What would you like to see from GM

I have seen quite a few V8 powered rear drive cars that GM makes for other world markets such as the Holden Ute SS and the United Emirates Chevrolet Carprice that I would like to see built and marketed in North America. Chrysler has made a nice come-back with their 300s and Chargers in this arena, and Ford now dominates fleet vehicle sales with their Crown Vic Police Interceptors. Oh, and yes, I'd love to see a little pony car in the way of the next generation F-body return to American roads.

I have seen quite a few V8 powered rear drive cars that GM makes for other world markets such as the Holden Ute SS and the United Emirates Chevrolet Carprice that I would like to see built and marketed in North America.  Chrysler has made a nice come-back with their 300s and Chargers in this arena, and Ford now dominates fleet vehicle sales with their Crown Vic Police Interceptors.  Oh, and yes, I'd love to see a little pony car in the way of the next generation F-body return to American roads.

215544[/snapback]

Welcome to the site,Bandit. I think you'll find quite a bit of info on the cars you mentioned as you explore the site. :AH-HA_wink:

ya know, looking at camino's avatar gave me an idea. I would absolutely love an El Camino return. My father had one when i was younger and I loved it. I dont remember what year it was but it was the Malibu front end with the double stacked square headlights. Damn that was good looking!!!!!

I miss that car,... truck, er whatever. :rolleyes:

How about this... what would you like to see from Gm within 10 years?

1. A car & truck lineup that is about 70% RWD & 20% AWD/4WD

2. Hydrogen powered production cars

3. The leaches that we call SATURN & SAAB dead or sold

...as for this auto show season, I'd like to see the following pie-in-the-sky items:

2.) A concept showing the next Cadillac design theme, similar in testicular fortitude to A&S circa '99

3.) A few concepts taking a stab at Pontiac's future direction

4.) A feasible hydrogen-powered concept showng further progress in affordability and practicality

5.) Absolutely no hint of the future styling of the Impala. Surprise me.

6.) A magical agreement between the US Government, UAW, and Big 3 to ease pensions and labor costs while providing sustainable economic relief to the communities which depend on the current wage structure.

but most importantly:

1.) The return of the American sedan as a dominant force to be reckoned with - including a design that will be remembered 50 years from now, similar in fame to the '57 Bel Air. And not in concept form.

Edited by red

...as for this auto show season, I'd like to see the following pie-in-the-sky items:

2.) A concept showing the next Cadillac design theme, similar in testicular fortitude to A&S circa '99

3.) A few concepts taking a stab at Pontiac's future direction

4.) A feasible hydrogen-powered concept showng further progress in affordability and practicality

5.) Absolutely no hint of the future styling of the Impala.  Surprise me.

6.) A magical agreement between the US Government, UAW, and Big 3 to ease pensions and labor costs while providing sustainable economic relief to the communities which depend on the current wage structure.

but most importantly:

1.) The return of the American sedan as a dominant force to be reckoned with - including a design that will be remembered 50 years from now, similar in fame to the '57 Bel Air.  And not in concept form.

216085[/snapback]

HAH! :lol: Now, youre talkin.

thats quite a lis you got there. :lol:

I would like to see any one part of it.

Particularly 1, 3 5, 6, 4, and two.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

:rolleyes: Let's see:

Chevrolet:

1. Production version of Nomad on Kappa with 2+2 seating and storage - size of new Mini Clubwagon

2. Camaro in production form - convertible to show off prod. interior.

3. NG Impala RWD sedan.

4. nothing build in Korea or China in the booth.

5. Colorado replacement - anything would be better than what it is.

6. A replacement mini-van that is basically a blown up HHR that can seat 7, built on the Enclave/Acadia/outlook drivetrain. How cool would that look?

Buick:

1. A RWD Buick Roadmaster based loosely on the Holden Efijy Concept mimicking the styling of 49-53 Buicks instead of the melted bars of soap we have now.

2. Production Enclave

3. Production 2+2 convertible al al Velite

Caddy

1. CTS replacement

2. A stylish replacement for the SRX in concept form

3. Production V16 sedan and Convertible

Saturn:

1. The european Opels in disguise.

2. Perhaps a version of the Kappa Nomad wagon for Saturn, with styling lifted from the Preview.

3. Aura convertible hardtop built on the G6 convertible.

Hybrids and Diesel engines accross the board in the Chevrolet and Saturn makes. I do not think that they will fly in the upmarket cars.

mini wagon kappa like chevy nomad for production. Get a kappa with room for 4 and space for travel bags.

214197[/snapback]

I'll second & third this idea!

Oh yeah, an appropriate-sized diesel engine offered for everything!

Posted Image

Edited by rkmdogs

How about this... what would you like to see from Gm within 10 years?

1. A car & truck lineup that is about 70% RWD & 20% AWD/4WD

2. Hydrogen powered production cars

3. The leaches that we call SATURN & SAAB dead or sold

215737[/snapback]

One slight problem on your wish list Sly,

Who is going to foot the 37Bil. bill to put hydrogen-refill stations across the USA?

That is the estimated cost of added one additional fuel option to the existing

gas stations now out there....... and then there is the issue of distribution &

bulk transport....... :yes: