• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Edmunds Evaluation: 2007 Lincoln Navigator

Edmunds Evaluation: 2007 Lincoln Navigator

Posted Image

Say hello to what Lincoln refers to as the new face of "Elegant American Luxury." Who knew that elegant Americans were supposed to have unibrows? Thanks for telling us now, Lincoln. We could have saved ourselves a lot of trouble over the years had we known that earlier.

Already we've misspoken. The 2007 Lincoln Navigator full-size luxury SUV doesn't actually reveal the new face of Elegant American Luxury because the new Navigator has no face. Instead, it has a grille, and only a grille. A grille that has grown to such hideously large proportions that it partly covers the headlights. On second thought, it is possible that it's not a grille at all. Possibly, the new Navigator is just playing a very, very large harmonica.

Edmunds

I actually saw one on the road the other day. The grille didn't look half bad, not half bad at all. It's got too much going on, but it does look nicely detailed and is certainly bold. I think I didn't hate it, or it may have been I only got to see it for five seconds.

Edited by turbo200

By the way, the production version does not have that ugly, unnecessary chrome at the top of the grille.

By the way, the production version does not have that ugly, unnecessary chrome at the top of the grille.

215784[/snapback]

It's a $50 option.

that's stupid. it looks much better in person without the chrome bar from these pictures. they look awful, and make it look overdone, whereas without the bar it's actually classy.

Either with/without the bar, this is a turd you just can't polish.

I'd place blame not on the designers, but the cost-cutters who said that Ford must stick with this 1997 bodystyle. There's too many constraints with this older body - I'd imagine if the designers got their way, we'd have a much more attractive Navigator. However, the chrome on the doors is just ridiculous - and ugly.

Either with/without the bar, this is a turd you just can't polish.

I'd place blame not on the designers, but the cost-cutters who said that Ford must stick with this 1997 bodystyle.  There's too many constraints with this older body - I'd imagine if the designers got their way, we'd have a much more attractive Navigator.  However, the chrome on the doors is just ridiculous - and ugly.

216058[/snapback]

none of that seems to matter here. we are selling the crap out of the 07 navies, can't keep them on the lot, and we have yet to get any of the long wheelbase versions. BTW, they have nothing in common with the 98 (there is no 97 navie) bodystyle, they had a total makeover for 2003. the 07 is based on the 03.

Saw it at the Dallas auto show early spring. Still think it looks rather gawdy, much prefer the previous style.

I'll take a picture of a dealer-accessorized Navigator with - yes - even more chrome. Its horrible.

215784[/snapback]

It's fugly. I've seen it on the road and it's fugly. And that huge slab of chrome you can get on top of the grille? Well, save the 50 bucks.. cause the 3 I've seen so far have it and it looks even worse.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.