Cadillac to Unveil Stretched DTS-L at LAIAS

Flybrian

I'd say the STS's side styling is its strong suit, its just smooth and handsome. I dont see a line out of place or a lack of contour (for Modern cars), its just right, less is more but still flowing from here to there. The Mercedes has some problems going on there. Now from the front, the Mercedes is very nice and the Caddy lacks ?detail?. For me the exagerated wheel arches and "ricer" side skirts are not becoming the Mercedes, at least in the way they did it. Ill always prefer smooth flow at flares, rather than the sharp sudden flare. It is a good looking car just the same. There are many cars out today with these silly side swipe creases and sharp bends that are lame excuses for styling statements.... GM has its share.

My point - Turbo - was with the price and performance it seems to me the STS-V would be hard to resist, for me, being a GM person as well as American. It is a handsome car and I dont care what you are willing to admit, I bet it still holds a certain amount of "rush factor" for you, I just dont see how it cant. Especially if NA gets that new interior.

My wife on the other hand thinks the CTS is far more exciting but I cant get past that side crease and lack of tall thin(ish) Cadillac taillights.

Can a V be had with a light interior, rather than so called "sporty" dull monotone black or slate grey ? I would think more warmth might sway more luxury people to go the extra bucks for a performer. Frankly an all black or gray interior always makes me walk away from a car.

okay, so look who feels stupid for starting this comparison in the first place. [me] it's really not one that is necessary. what i feel, first, may be different from what others here feel. the sales show the s-class is a winner, for its class, and even against the sts. the sts, unfortunately does not even live up to its cheaper lower scale brother, how is it going to stand a chance to the s-class. i stand by my view that the s-class is perfect design. sts has the design excitement quotient of a camry to me, and that is an insult to sts and a compliment to camry.

Oh Lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz

that my friends is the reason for *50% of Mercedes sales. Status statement.

At one time that was the reason for *50% of Cadillac sales too as Im sure it is some today. "Hey I got a Cadillac."

I know plenty of people over the years buying used Mercedes, BMW's and Jaguars, because they percieve them as some kind of "great car" which also has statis involved. Me, I just keep driving my Buicks and Oldsmobiles and laugh everytime I hear complaints about the repair bills and watch the smoke puff out their exhausts.

* figured pull out of the air, open to personal interpretation, beliefs, contortsions, dramatizations or what ever floats your boat........but one thing for sure, is no one will ever tell the truth about why they simply must have a Menz......... :lol:

I dont get all this "Sixteen" talk. GM would never make enough money from developing and tooling a V16 to begin to pay for it, let alone the entire car. The mistake they made with that concept was throwing the V16 vib around. The damn thing would have to sell for $250,000 and compete. The "Sixteen" would be nothing but a money pit.

Anyone wanting to correct my rational on this is welcome. I just dont see the logic behind a V16. Its not perfect anyhow and I can see many visual cues that are seen in production, like this C pillor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by razoredge