Sign in to follow this  
toyoguy

GS450h specs

Getting better. Now either turn the STS on so the dash is lit up or use a flash like you did in the Lex. But I'm still not seeing a huge difference here. and oh! Horror of horrors! The lex has a foot activated parking break!

Can't we all just get along? :P I mean, although the STS has a slightly blander interior (which I actually prefer), I still feel the quality is comparable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nor is the GS interior perfect. There are exposed screwheads and dead buttons in the traditional Toyota fashion. Still, compared to the STS's, it's a world of difference.

Hmm, it's interesting how Lexus uses rubber between door panels... I haven't seen that before.

Posted Image

What's the problem with the STS steering wheel? That it locked off perfect center? Well, any Lexus would do that too if the owner turned the car off with the wheel off center...derr! And before anyone jumps down my throat, I agree that the STS interior is subpar.

Guest gmrebirth

The GS450h shown here is a preproduction model. I expect preprodcution models to have flaws in it.

[post="17812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed. I find it very funny how people here have caused such a ruckus about a preproduction photo of the gauges taken at an angle.

If any of you find this flaw in a *production* GS450h, then I will wholeheartedly agree.

But looking for flaws in a preproduction vehicle is not very credible in my books.

It reminds me of how people made a huge fuss over preproduction Avalon pics, which they *assumed* were production.

As much as I hate to admit it, the interior of the STS is NOTHING compared to that of the GS. The design in the GS is better, the materials look better, there is less plastic filled space in the GS, the gauges look WORLDS better. The interior of the STS doesn't compare to that of an Acura TL in observable quality and design, either. The interior in the god damn Sky and Aura look better than the interiors in $30k and $40k LUXURY sedans. The STS was set in stone before the new GM came to pass. The difference in a 2005 STS and a 2007 Tahoe interior is so amazing, if I were GM I'd be ashamed to sell the STS for a higher price. The difference in a current Escalade and the upcoming 2007 model and current competitor's luxury utes is freaking SHAMEFUL. You can brag about GMs powertrains, their reliability, their looks, and their upcoming models. But please, don't try and gloss over the fact that the STS interior looks worse than interiors in cars half its price. Hopefully that'll shut everyone up.

Guest gmrebirth

The pic could've been fixed in PhotoShop in 3 minutes. Why wasn't it?

[post="23947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Again, how do you know it really is an actual flaw?

Unless you've personally sat in a preproduction GS450h, and can provide multiple pics to prove your theory, I'm not completely convinced.

Again, how do you know it really is an actual flaw?

Because I have eyes. It's a fat gap and I can see it. Was there something else?

Unless you've personally sat in a preproduction GS450h, and can provide multiple pics to prove your theory, I'm not completely convinced.

It's no theory- it's reality. Can't you see it? Multiple pics?? Of the same 3" gauge? For what purpose- to hopefully catch an angle where the gap doesn't show? "Not convinced"? This is ridiculous. I can allow shoddy design & assembly work on a preproduction car- that's understandable to a degree. But the fact that this picture was released by toyota sure doesn't instill much faith in their quality control to the non-loyalists.

Guest gmrebirth

It's no theory- it's reality. Can't you see it? Multiple pics?? Of the same 3" gauge? For what purpose- to hopefully catch an angle where the gap doesn't show? "Not convinced"? This is ridiculous. I can allow shoddy design & assembly work on a preproduction car- that's understandable to a degree. But the fact that this picture was released by toyota sure doesn't instill much faith in their quality control to the non-loyalists.

[post="24026"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fair enough.

You have your opinions, and I have mine.

See, the interesting thing is that when you have a strong opinion on something, or when you are determined that your opinion is correct, nothing will change your views on that subject.

Similarly, to those people who doubt the quality of Lexus vehicles, nothing will change their opinion.

I mean if the fact that Lexus ranks at the top of virtually every quality survey out there doesn't instill any faith in "non loyalists", I seriously don't know what will.

Except this is not a matter of opinion unless you are blind. And tho you may not be literally so, it sure seems figurative blindness is running rampant here. Knock yourself out.

balthazar, What's so difficult to understand? It's a pre-production model that may or may not be flawed in regards to quality. It happens. You're wasting your time by continuing to argue. The fact is, I've sat in both. If you think the STS would get my hard-earned money based on interior quality, your out of your mind. I'm sure you've never even sat inside a Lexus let alone a GS, so your constant bashing holds little (if any) relevance at this point. I understand it's much easier to bash everything produced outside of GM. But until you become more objective in your posts regarding other brands, is there really a point in continuing to post in this section?

balthazar,

What's so difficult to understand?  It's a pre-production model that may or may not be flawed in regards to quality.  It happens.

[post="24508"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The point (which is valid) is that these aren't photos taken by TCC or FamilyCar.com; these are official Toyota releases and therefore should display perfection instead of any flaw. Again, if its a pre-pro flaw, fine, but God, why show pics of the flaw to everyone?

The point (which is valid) is that these aren't photos taken by TCC or FamilyCar.com; these are official Toyota releases and therefore should display perfection instead of any flaw. Again, if its a pre-pro flaw, fine, but God, why show pics of the flaw to everyone?

[post="24514"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nail, meet head.

But until you become more objective in your posts regarding other brands, is there really a point in continuing to post in this section?

Absolutely.
Last post:
You have your terms confused.
Objective: There is a noticable flaw, I pointed it out.
Subjective: There is a noticable flaw, you say it 'may or may not be flawed'.

I DO love those gauges.

[post="17580"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I do too. They're awesome. My dad has an '06 GS300... beautiful car, in and out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook