'06 Lacrosse improvements

buickguy

I think the reason for the downrating on the 3.6 in the LaCrosse is limitations in exhaust routing since it's a transverse engine.

[post="23355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, but I also feel there's more potential with the 3.6. I mean, up it a little on the Caddy, drop it down to the LaCrosse CXS and base Lucerne.

The Jag isn't a very good comparison--it has a lot of the same problems, even if a tad more "finished".

[post="23281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I only used it as an example of the gauge cluster surround thing, because it's hard to describe. If the gauge "window" was "surrounded" like every other car in the world, it would look a lot better, IMO.

This is irrelevant, but you could get a Jag X-type 2.5 after discounts for about the same as a LaCrosse CXL at employee pricing.

Alright , you guys are being a little bit too whiny. Please go buy the cars whose interior is exactly like you want because the Lacrosse is not that car, it is what it is.....different from that car.

[post="23461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whiny? I don't really think so. I am a GM fan, wish to continue to purchase GM, and hope that one day they'll design cars that I LOVE to death. I would hate to be forced to purchase something else for a few things that could easily be fixed.

Truth be it, I'd still get a LaCrosse--I'm a Buick fan. I'm only saying what I'd like to see different.

WTF?

Surrounded?

Like BMW?
Posted Image

Or perhaps from the god of all interiors, Audi?

Posted Image

Or perhaps another media darling... Infinity?

Posted Image

Maybe you like that "circles in a black mass" look from Lexus?

Posted Image

But if Buick sucks because it doesn't have a "surround", so do all the above.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

WTF?

Surrounded?

Like BMW?
Posted Image

Or perhaps from the god of all interiors, Audi?

Posted Image

Or perhaps another media darling... Infinity?

Posted Image

Maybe you like that "circles in a black mass" look from Lexus?

Posted Image
But if Buick sucks because it doesn't have a "surround", so do all the above.

[post="23469"][/post]

"WTF" back to you. Their instrument clusters look finished to me...

Alright , you guys are being a little bit too whiny.[sorry this was meant-silly] Please go buy the cars whose interior is exactly like you want because the Lacrosse is not that car, it is what it is.....different from that car. [this was just to make a point of being different]

[post="23461"][/post]

Actually there something abut the dash and console of the Lacrosse I like. Id be in favor of a more dressed up "limited" version but I really like the fact that it has its own character.

I dont like any of the steering wheels for handling but I like the 3spoke better. At least it opens up 4:00 & 7:00 positions. The Buick wheel is not what it should be, I felt this same way after sitting in 95-01 Riviera too. The Olds wheel switch were so much better at the time. These Lacrosse wheel switches look too attached instead of intigrated and the four spoke wheel almost makes a negitive comfort statement and handling statement. Sometimes less is more.

SO heres a photo of that 90 Regency TS wheel and gauges, the wheel is simple, nothing in the way. I know air bag means bigger but lets trim those spokes up.

Posted Image

See, I'm not a fan of 2 spoke steering wheels. I much prefer 3 or 4 spoke. I like the ES330 steering wheel--classy/sporty, serves its purpose--nothing flashy, nothing dull. As for the LaCrosse gauges illuminated... see, I want brighter. That's just not bright enough for me--I just like very high-contrasted gauges. HATE Infiniti interiors. No prob with the surround of the LaCrosse gauges... think it's fine. Would have been nice if they were surrounded in wood like the Terazza and Lucerne. I like the white needles in the gauges though--just wish the blue/green was brighter/bolder.

• 1 month later...

Alright , you guys are being a little bit too whiny. Please go buy the cars whose interior is exactly like you want because the Lacrosse is not that car, it is what it is.....different from that car.

[post="23461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it is what it is....crappy. It doesn't even compare to the Accord as far as design or materials.

I've gotten several compliments on mine so far..... B)

[post="41387"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Can you take some pics and post it? I'd like to see other images of the slatestone metallic... I liked it on the website and figured I might like it in person :) Would like to see :)

I'd like to see fewer guages. Tachometers are interesting to look at but completely useless in a car. No one I know including myself (and I drive a stick) uses a tach to shift. Cars are so reliable now that there's no reason other than looks to have anything but a digital speedometer and a fuel guage. Warning lights can handle the rest.