Rate the new Malibu's interior  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the new Malibu's interior

• 5 - Wow! Truly world-class
    • 4 - Pretty great! But...
    • 3 - Average, not a stand out
    • 2 - Okay. I guess
    • 1 - Puke-o-rama

The '97 looked tons better. I'd say the '04 looked about on par with the Camry in terms of integration, in other words, both were poorly-integrated in their own way.

While the Camry was okay on the upper dash, the lower portion that flowed into the center console, well, didn't flow at all. Plus, it had an ugly radio with an ugly display

The Malibu looks literally pieced together - dash and console installed first, then the center stack, but at least it lined up evenly. It also had an ugly radio, but the display matched the dash lights.

The Malibu's problem visually is that the center stack looks tacked on afterwards like a Testor's kit. If GM would've made it one piece, I'd say it looks way better than the offcenter Camry dash, especially looking at the SS color scheme, which 'integrates' the black radio units by virtue of its color.

Lastly, the 'Bu's center console ownzorz the Camry's hands down. Not only is it symmetrical with the dash, there's no big dumb handbrake on a car with a 90%+ automatic transmission build rate and the under-dash opening is useful. In the Camry, its so deep little things just fall out of reach.

This speaks nothing of quality because I never said a thing about quality, though pretty much everyone can agree that Toyota built a pretty $h!ty Camry for their standards and a below-average car by everyone else's.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plus, I'll say it once again......you'll think differently once you sit in the Malibu, grab the console with your hand, and wobble it back-and-forth in it's mountings......I can guarantee you the Camry's is WAY more solidly attached.....feels like it was made  that way....even if it IS off-center....

226946[/snapback]

Um no... I've been in my friend's Camry and it's not that solid.

I'm not saying the Malibu is more solid, but definitely not WAY less as you were saying.

Those pictures only reinforces my view point that the new Malibu's interior doesn't look that great compared to what is currently being made. They added different and new details. Details like vents, stereo, materials, and reduction of IP pieces. Only a slight evolution to me. I still prefer the Aura, but I'll decide once and for all in a few weeks.