Sign in to follow this  
mustang84

New Lincoln Engine Info (not official)

From BON:

Some information has come to my attention over the past few days that might interest people on this board.

First, is the preliminary horsepower numbers from the new 3.7L V6. From someone claiming to be from a marketing firm working with Ford, that the new V6 is getting about 320hp from regular gas at the moment in testing.

Secondly is from Motor Trend, that Lincoln is working on an exclusive 5.0L V8 for front or rear drive applications to replace the Yamaha motor, but that it won't be done in time for the MKS launch. If based on the Duratec architecture, and if tuned like the 3.7, we could be talking 440hp here.

If this is true, that's pretty fantastic because the Lexus 3.5L only makes 305 hp on premium fuel. I don't really believe the MT rumor of the 5.0 because MT has their head up their ass most of the time. But with no turbos or anything, that 320 hp is a mighty fine number...I'm assuming it has direct injection.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=8526

Edited by mustang84

320HP seems possible with DI. However, I'm wondering if they'll detune it from testing a bit.

I have heard of the larger V6 rumour for Lincolns, but I have heard nothing regarding power until here.

IS350 306hp - 21/28mpg

G35 306hp - 19/26mpg

TL-S 286hp - 19/28mpg

to put Ford's fuel economy in perspective

Camry 3461lbs - 22/31mpg

MKZ 3469lbs - 19/27mpg

old Camry 20/28

Zephyr 20/28

It's beyond me why any company would be dumb enough to go backwards in fuel economy when fuel costs significantly more these days.

OMG those milage figures are sooooooooooooo far apart. Damn you Ford for making a powerful V6 (we hope) that doesn't even have milage numbers yet but toyoboy here hasta be a psychic and predict the future. Whats wrong? Suddenly toyota wouldn't have that "hp per liter" edge???

Why do you even come here anyways? :huh:

Edited by deftonesfan867

320HP seems possible with DI. However, I'm wondering if they'll detune it from testing a bit.

219581[/snapback]

That's excatly what I was thinking. Nissan has a rumored 3.7L VQ making around 320HP that will debut in the future. With DI, Ford can produce this V6... the best feat is doing it on regular unleaded.

It's beyond me why any company would be dumb enough to go backwards in fuel economy when fuel costs significantly more these days.

220091[/snapback]

Luxury owners are as conscience about MPG as the avery Camry buyer. This 3.7L V6 will be exclusive to Lincoln, have very repectable MPG numbers (so sorry they're not as jaw dropping as Camry's), and run on REGULAR GAS. Yeah, Lincoln's doing okay here.

IS350 306hp - 21/28mpg

G35 306hp - 19/26mpg

TL-S 286hp - 19/28mpg

to put Ford's fuel economy in perspective

Camry 3461lbs - 22/31mpg

MKZ 3469lbs - 19/27mpg

old Camry 20/28

Zephyr 20/28

220091[/snapback]

IIRC Camry requires premuim gas which will cost ~10% more.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook