Sign in to follow this  
Minarets

drove a 2007 Sierra. i want it. review inside.

1 post in this topic

first off i will start by saying i am not a "truck guy" nor have i ever been. i have never owned nor wanted to own a truck...until about 203-04 where i have a pretty heave obsession with the new F150's.

i am 25 and have owned a 86 s-10 Blazer and a 96 Nissan Maxima. i am now driving an 06 Equinox. when i think of a car i want to own...its an Infiniti G35. i want to zip and zag the backroads all the way to work on my 70 mile round trip daily commute. its a good car with a good price tag.

anyway, back to my review. what attracts me to this new 07 Sierra, a "non truck guy" is a good interior. when the new F Series was introduced in 03 as an 04 model, the exterior caught my eye. the interior made me want to give the truck thing a shot. it was beautiful and dove well. i was hooked. that obsession was short lived.

Now let me say that my father in law works at the plant in Spring Hill (Saturn) and we get the GM discount. i am always looking for my next car...hoping that GM will put out something that caters to me. i have always loved the Tahoe's of the world, but really want something quick and nimble. nothing affordable yet...that also meets the rest of my needs for my family.

when i saw this 07Sierra i stopped to check it out. my dealer had about 6 all a the crew cab. inside was a gorgeous black Z71 with black leather interior with chrome step sides, NAV. the only think it was missing that i would want is the 20'' wheel option. i had to drive one.

the dealer actually refused for me to drive on out on the lot and insisted i drove the floor model, this shocked the crap out of me...who does that?!!!!?

anyway, it drove just as the Yukon does. it was so smooth and had plenty of pickup. 367 horses was plenty to get this thing moving. i love the exterior design except for one thing. the black piece attached to the front bumper, from a side profile looks awkward to me. its lower then the rest of the truck and in many pics you don't notice it...but in daylight hours from the side, it looks as if its an aftermarket front lip on a truck or something...however, the model i drove with the chrome step sided made this a moot point and it was beautiful. the easy lift gate was a nice addition as well. effortlessly opens and closed...

the interior fit and finish were as good as any truck i had been in. i will also say, i test rive cars religiously and the leather is not leather, but a very nice high grade pleather...that would bother me nil. the dash lay-out that is used in almost if not every GMT900 is nice. there isn't large gaps in panels and quality to the touch is nice...the days of the ugly hard plastics are gone...much much much better materials. the NAV is the same I'm sure GM uses for all NAV equipped cars. works well. not great. there are better NAVs out there, but i am not buying this truck for a NAV system. the BOSE sounded very good, and trust me i am oh so skeptical about BOSE nowadays. my father in law c6 vette sounds horrible but their 04 avalanche sounds great. my 96 maxima sounded fabulous, but the new maxima's sounds pretty awful

the power sliding window is also a feature i would prefer having rather then not and the rear seats lifting up really add some convenient space.

pretty much was way too long winded with this one...sorry ya ll. but this is one fine looking and acting truck. i now want one pretty bad. if your looking for a truck that rides like one, keep on looking. this rides as good as anything on the road and far as comfort.

hope to see some of ya ll in one of these soon....

i am now a wannabe truck guy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this