Sign in to follow this  
Cory Wolfe

Impala Per Request

22 posts in this topic

Cory Wolfe    263

Alright, per Camino's request, I'd tried to make an Impala out of the styling direction defined by the Monte Carlo and SSX (El Camino) I drew. Before I show it, I'll definitely say that it's not perfect. The proportions and perspective aren't quite what they should be. I tried, though. I guess you'll have to take it as it is.

Posted Image

Edited by blackviper8891

ocnblu    733
Well, to be honest, it looks like a few things are out of adjustment. The front body line doesn't match the rear one, the front tapers downward, the rear one tapers upward to the eye. The roof is kinda low, which makes your rear quarter glass tiny. And I loved the tail on your last Impala, but it appears you've changed that aspect on this one, with different taillights.

Cory Wolfe    263

Well, to be honest, it looks like a few things are out of adjustment.  The front body line doesn't match the rear one, the front tapers downward, the rear one tapers upward to the eye.  The roof is kinda low, which makes your rear quarter glass tiny.  And I loved the tail on your last Impala, but it appears you've changed that aspect on this one, with different taillights.

223680[/snapback]

Don't I know it. I didn't realize how off I was until I scanned it in. My perfectionist mind gasped.

As for the rear, this wasn't meant to be a front view of my last Impala. It was strictly to be an Impala version of the styling seen on my MC and SSX, per Camino's request. Those taillights wouldn't have worked on this design. I did try to incorporate similar side sculpting (which was influenced by the '57 Chevy if you couldn't guess, and yes I know it therefore wasn't seen on an Impala), however.

actualy it aint all that bad....bring out that 57 line a bit more and just move the rear side windows back to follow that roofine closer & make the tail lights longer down back Not so much wraparound, so that ya could have 3 lights back there ...thats wat I did not like about the rear you did previous, this one has a better feel to it tho.

Camino LS6    866

Thanks for doing this one,BV. 8)

I think the design works but needs some refinement. As you said, it has a big ass. If you look at it starting at the nose and working your way back, everything is fine until you hit the rear doors. Put it on a diet from that point rearward and correct the skewed perspective and I think you have another winner.

Edit: And, let's see all three designs together. It could clarify the design direction.

Don't I know it. I didn't realize how off I was until I scanned it in. My perfectionist mind gasped.

As for the rear, this wasn't meant to be a front view of my last Impala. It was strictly to be an Impala version of the styling seen on my MC and SSX, per Camino's request. Those taillights wouldn't have worked on this design. I did try to incorporate similar side sculpting (which was influenced by the '57 Chevy if you couldn't guess, and yes I know it therefore wasn't seen on an Impala), however.

223689[/snapback]

The body lines on the side remind me of the 57 chevy, but also getting a strong 4th gen (81-88) monte carlo feel to it

:idhitit:

A++

It would be an A+++ if it had a slightly retro face. :wink:

Gizhost    1

I think it looks perfect, as long as the rear end is lowered...its a bit too high. Other than that if GM actually built the next Impala this way they would have no problems selling them with the right advertising, people need to be reminded that the Impala means performance.

It's very nice from the C-pillar forward. I'm not quite sold on the rear, though.

ocnblu    733
Nice adjustments. You still have your '57 triangle motif, but the lines mesh better now.

Slideways    0

I liked the first one, but the second one is amazing. I like the rear a lot, it's unique and bold. I especially like that it's not like the BMW/Bangle bustle that Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai have all grabbed on to.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this