This is crazy...

avant1963

Just watch this really quick video:

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/3421/

My wife is a makeup artist - so when someone comes up to her and says "make me look like that" she'll need a computer to do it. I always knew they used photoshop to clean up the imperfections and the "cottage cheese" thighs, but this is crazy.

Very cool video, but I think she looks fine after the makeup and hair, before the digital work.

223898[/snapback]

I agree. Of course, that point is MY perception of beauty. The problem is the masses of girls who refuse to put anything on their faces when they go out. I put something in my hair if I'm going out in public or wear a hat...girls generally don't put crap in their hair since it's longer...but a bit of makeup is really necessary.

I just love it when girls complain about how guys don't pay attention to them yet they walk around looking foul all day long. Hmmm...what could the problem be?

That reminds me...my roomie's girlfriend is an Alpha Phi, and one of her sisters made the announcement about finals week going: "OK girls, we know it is almost finals week and we want you to study real hard and do really well...but--this is gonna sound so Pi Phi--if you haven't showered in 2 days and your hair is a mess and your makeup is all smeared...for the love of God respect the house and PLEASE DON'T WEAR YOUR LETTERS AROUND CAMPUS!! Thanks girls, study hard!"

Edited by Croc

I agree.  Of course, that point is MY perception of beauty.  The problem is the masses of girls who refuse to put anything on their faces when they go out.  I put something in my hair if I'm going out in public or wear a hat...girls generally don't put crap in their hair since it's longer...but a bit of makeup is really necessary.

I just love it when girls complain about how guys don't pay attention to them yet they walk around looking foul all day long.  Hmmm...what could the problem be?

That reminds me...my roomie's girlfriend is an Alpha Phi, and one of her sisters made the announcement about finals week going: "OK girls, we know it is almost finals week and we want you to study real hard and do really well...but--this is gonna sound so Pi Phi--if you haven't showered in 2 days and your hair is a mess and your makeup is all smeared...for the love of God respect the house and PLEASE DON'T WEAR YOUR LETTERS AROUND CAMPUS!!  Thanks girls, study hard!"

223930[/snapback]

Not all women need makeup.

The ones who do generally only need foundation to hide a bad complexion.

Honestly, I prefer the ones who don't. Think about it - if women didn't wear makeup to begin with, there would be no surprises in the morning.

Not all women need makeup.

The ones who do generally only need foundation to hide a bad complexion.

Honestly, I prefer the ones who don't. Think about it - if women didn't wear makeup to begin with, there would be no surprises in the morning.

223939[/snapback]

They don't NEED it...but evening out the skin tone goes a long way into making them look softer and more feminine. I just look at it this way: I put 15-20 minutes into myself before I go out (excepting an early-morning class...I just roll out of bed and go like everyone else) so I would expect any prospective female to do the same.

I don;t like skinny chicks and I really

don't like superficial & snobby chicks!

Curves are where it's at! :wub:

Posted Image

They don't NEED it...but evening out the skin tone goes a long way into making them look softer and more feminine.  I just look at it this way: I put 15-20 minutes into myself before I go out (excepting an early-morning class...I just roll out of bed and go like everyone else) so I would expect any prospective female to do the same.

223980[/snapback]

You are more "Merto" than most gay guys I know. :P

Going on about skin tones and such....

Edited by Sixty8panther

that's been going on forever, it's just more widely available now. Photographers from the 20's and 30's used to whittle down actresses hips (look at photos of Mae West), and George Hurrell retouched the crap out of his pictures. There's a book on his photography covering the process showing a before and after of Joan Crawford. The before shows a pretty woman with a few laugh lines around the eyes, slightly frizzy hair and a face and chest covered with freckles. After retouching she looked like this:

Posted Image

Edited by tmp