Santa spotted in a 3500HD!

ocnblu

Uh, a pastel pink first-gen Corvair convertible with white top and interior, fender skirts, oversized dual exhaust pipes, smooth chrome rims with baby moon hubcaps and curb feelers, driven by a graying hippie, turning into the local upholstery shop this afternoon. Wild!

Guest YellowJacket894

Posted Image

I'm not going to deny it -- if I found one of these cars pretty cheap, I'd buy it. I can humor the alien-X-Files-guppie headlights because these cars actually had decent performance.

And now for a good laugh...

Posted Image

:lol:

Racing for pink slips? :huh:

1977 Ford Ranchero GT

sweet! my uncle has a black 72 GT that me and him are going to fix up once i get some free time... im not entirely educated on rancheros... did the 77s still have the fishmouth grill?

Saw this driving home yesterday:

Posted Image

Thought it was just a a cool old Caddy limo at first, but as I drove past, I realized it hadt three rows of seats. You can't really make it out in this photo (took it quickly while driving), but there are people in rows two and three. Look closely and you'll see a front, middle, and rear door.

I've not seen something like that before...

-RBB

saw a f@#kING HOLDEN IN f@#kING MICHIGAN???????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It caught my eye because of its looks then I saw the badge on the back of the Holden symbol. but then I got stuck by a red light. :cussing:

Well, to cap off the year, I took a little drive today and did some lot cruising. I was looking at a $34k Edge when a British Racing Green Triumph TR8 came rolling onto the lot, little aluminum Buick V8 burbling like a champ. In great shape the car was, and I had to compliment the driver (an older guy) on it. Funny thing, he didn't know the engine is aluminum. I thought that odd since I figured only real motorheads would keep a car like that on the road.

Then, and this is weird... I saw a TR7 the same color in crappy condition driving in a different part of town. Oh, and a bronze '77 Malibu (base, no Classic) coupe with a blue door. Oh, and a '78 Cutlass Supreme coupe, dark blue lightly optioned, in the grocery store parking lot. Still kicking when any Japanese car of that vintage has long since rotted away.

Final sightings of 2006:

Final 500 Aurora :(

I got to put an '07 Tahoe LTZ under the knife the other day at the local Chevy/Buick/Pontiac/GMC/Isuzu/Mitsubishi dealer...fantastic SUV. Only drawback was the price...for $49,350, I'd keep saving for an Escalade w/the 22" rims.

I also got to sit in a Brazen Orange '06 GTO...it was easily the best passenger car from GM I've been in in recent memory...blew the '07 Impala LS my parents' company bought my grandparents right out of the water.