Honda Accord Coupe Concept

toyoguy

Honda Accord Coupe Concept to Debut at North American International Auto Show

TORRANCE, Calif. 12/05/2006 --

A bold new look for the next-generation Honda Accord Coupe will be unveiled at the January 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

The Accord Coupe Concept will convey exterior styling cues and design features that provide a first look at the direction the next-generation Accord will take and it promises to set a new benchmark for Accord and for the segment. The Accord is Honda's best selling model in North America, and this vehicle's debut at NAIAS will mark the first time an Accord concept car has ever been shown at a major auto show.

Car and Driver magazine recently named the current-generation 2007 Honda Accord as one of the winners of its prestigious and highly competitive annual "10Best Cars" award. The Accord has achieved "10Best" status 21 times in the 25 years that Car and Driver editors have been conducting the competition, more than any other vehicle in the award's history.

Posted Image

wow, that looks real good. honda is not known for this kind of concepts, or this kind of design, which I have been saying is what we could expect given the dramatic changes of the CR-V and Civic. It looks really really good, and un-Japanese....obviously it won't be as dramatic in production form.

Looks great! Can't wait to see how this sketch translates into real-life.

Nice Monte hump.

224168[/snapback]

Can you ever say anything nice about a japanese import car brand? I find the Accord "hump" to look nothing like the Monte's hump...and that's definitely for the better.

I got a broken image on this end.

Ah, there it goes... Not too shabby. It's got Audi tail lights. Don't have anything bad to say about this car's rear end, except maybe for that bulky disproportioned H on the back. :wink:

Edited by aaaantoine

Can you ever say anything nice about a japanese import car brand?

224171[/snapback]

Can a Japanese import car brand ever make anything nice?

I don't but much if any stock in these conceptual renderings. The best they can do is indicate what detailing may be present on the car itself. Remember also that the Accord will be sold in el-cheapo budget trims with 4cyls and dinky wheels. How well any of this 'advanced' styling translates into the real car will surely be something to wait-and-see about.

And for the record, the current Accord coupe is probably the most attractive imported 2-door on the market. Of course, there's pretty much only the Solara and next to the Solara, the Merkur X4T72XLGTGTOSSEi is attractive.

Nice, and if they can translate the same "feel" into the real one, it should be very good--I like the crisper lines much better than the current blob.

Though the concept for the current gen also looked pretty fetching, it didn't translate much. This one looks much more realistic, though, so hopefully it does.

Looks sharp-I see a lot of BMW 6-Series in the design, as well as thaty Fisker car in AutoWeek over the summer.

And for the record, the current Accord coupe is probably the most attractive imported 2-door on the market. Of course, there's pretty much only the Solara and next to the Solara, the Merkur X4T72XLGTGTOSSEi is attractive.

224200[/snapback]

Fly you don't like the G35 Coupe?! I thought that would be right up your alley, I know it is up mine. Also the BMW 6 series looks pretty darn sweet. And don't get me started on Porches, especially the Cayman! :yes:

Nice clean lines... even if very unoriginal.

Honda seems to release a lot of sketches that look great but the actual "concept" turns out looking very unoriginal. Back in the late 90's I remember an article in C&D where they showed Honda's sketches of the concept that became the TL and the one that became the Oddessey. Both sketches looked great, very aggressive. The actual cars, not so much.

Fly you don't like the G35 Coupe?!  I thought that would be right up your alley, I know it is up mine.  Also the BMW 6 series looks pretty darn sweet.  And don't get me started on Porches, especially the Cayman! :yes:

224213[/snapback]

Heh. Sorry, not really. I think the last real good-looking Japanese coupe I like was the old Lexus SC. Pretty gorgeous car. Acura's big Legend coupe was also pretty nice-looking.