Saturn Astra to Launch in Late-07

Awesome, thanks man! I'm hoping a decently-equipped XR 3-door can be had for around $20k.

I wonder if the XE will have the 2.2 l. engine, and the XR will sport the 2.4 L. engine instead? Since a Cobalt SS with the 2.4 has a list of 18K, I assume your $20,000 should be possible. Just guessing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the XE will have the 2.2 l. engine, and the XR will sport the 2.4 L. engine instead? Since a Cobalt SS with the 2.4 has a list of 18K, I assume your $20,000 should be possible. Just guessing.

Just give me a 6-spd, some decent performance, and a nice radio and I'm damn happy. :idhitit:

I doubt it will have either the 2.2 or 2.4 L engines. The Astra is built with the 1.4 L Family 0 TwinPort 4-cylinder (90 PS), the Family 1 1.6 L TwinPort (105 PS), 1.6 L Dual VVT (115 PS), 1.8 L (125 PS), 1.8 L dual-VVT (140 PS), 1.6 L Turbo (180 PS), the old cast-iron Family II 2.0 L Turbo (170, 200 and 240 PS), and the new aluminum 2.2 L DI (150 PS), plus a range of diesels from 90 to 150 PS. The only A3300 model with a larger engine is the Brazilian Chevy Vectra, with an aluminum 16V DOHC FlexPower version of the old 2.4 L Family II truck engine (150 PS). Most likely choices are the 1.8 Dual VVT and 1.6 Turbo, but you could get the 2.2 DI if GM thinks it can cope with American fuel.

I doubt it will have either the 2.2 or 2.4 L engines. The Astra is built with the 1.4 L Family 0 TwinPort 4-cylinder (90 PS), the Family 1 1.6 L TwinPort (105 PS), 1.6 L Dual VVT (115 PS), 1.8 L (125 PS), 1.8 L dual-VVT (140 PS), 1.6 L Turbo (180 PS), the old cast-iron Family II 2.0 L Turbo (170, 200 and 240 PS), and the new aluminum 2.2 L DI (150 PS), plus a range of diesels from 90 to 150 PS. The only A3300 model with a larger engine is the Brazilian Chevy Vectra, with an aluminum 16V DOHC FlexPower version of the old 2.4 L Family II truck engine (150 PS). Most likely choices are the 1.8 Dual VVT and 1.6 Turbo, but you could get the 2.2 DI if GM thinks it can cope with American fuel.

Sounds great. The 2.2 and 2.4 are guzzlers and don't produce much power for its size. The 1.8 Dual VVT would be a great replacement for the 2.2.

I left out one other option outlined in another thread. Holden specifies the 2.2 DI (148 hp) usually installed in the related Zafira MPV. Aside from 10 more hp, you also get a 6-speed manual instead of the 5-speed in the 138 hp 1.8 VVT. The 1.8 Dual-VVT will have similar hp to the Sentra 2.0 L and the Civic 1.8 L, and more than the next 1.8 L Dual-VVT Corolla.

• 3 weeks later...