Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Recall: 2006-2007 VW Passat

Recall: 2006-2007 VW Passat

Posted Image

AUBURN HILLS, Mich.— Volkswagen of America, Inc. announced safety recalls to address two issues in some 2006 and 2007 model year Passat sedans, and in some 2007 model year Passat wagons.

Some of the affected 2006 model year Passat vehicles have a wiper motor that may fail during heavy rain due to excessive moisture entering the wiper motor. If this happens, reduced visibility could result.

Also, some 2.0T engine-equipped 2006 and 2007 Passat sedans and some 2007 Passat wagons may have a power brake vacuum line that may fracture and become disconnected at low ambient temperatures. If this happens, the brake power assist can become inoperative, and the driver will experience increased effort to apply the brake and therefore possible increased vehicle stopping distance.

Approximately 62,000 vehicles in the United States and Canada could be potentially affected.

Owners of affected vehicles will receive a letter from Volkswagen of America, Inc. with instructions to contact their authorized dealer for an inspection and repairs if necessary. Customer notification is expected to begin in January of 2007.

[source: Volkswagen of America]

Go V-Dub. Now, not everything listed here is an electronic issue, as would be expected of a recall from a German automaker these days.

It seems as though German automobiles used to be quite reliable, and have slipped recently.

This is probably why some Chrysler fans don't want Mercedes-Benz type quality in their cars.

Not a firm opinion, just a casual observation regarding German and American automakers. Then of course there are the Japanese automakers which (until Toyota has recently proven) produce seemingly perfect cars. I would guess that this is because the Japanese/Asian automakers only "copy" and then "perfect" the items, ideas, and software that they use.

Um, German brand like Vee-Dub and Mercedes have been sucking in the quality department for years.

Just ask my family's old Mercedes... oh wait, it's gone.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Years, I do know this, but I meant recently as in the last 5-10 years, lol.

I mean, that is only one or two product cycles afterall.

Especially the braking issue.

Think it's only U.S. Passats? That brake problem would be deadly in Germany on the Autobahn.

High speeds would definitely emphasize the importance of a properly working braking system.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook